General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trades youd like to see your team make

^^^ Another one of those trades which is just about realistic enough to not be written off as a troll, but unrealistic enough to make the poster look like an idiot.

It is a known fact that Gold Coast need to cut there list, plenty of interstate kids on that list.

Two guys we are surplus to our needs that could add something to the young suns line up.

Would love a star young midfielder, am slowly building a list, will take time but only a handful of trades that could be possible.

There isn't a sane football follower on the planet who would consider Angus Morefrees for Josh Caddy to be a good trade from a GC point of view. Neagle for a 4th rounder is a nil-all draw.

I know, more hopeful than anything :D

Would love Koby Stevens (WCE), Josh Caddy (GCS), Jordan Gysberts (MEL), Rhys Palmer (FREM), Nicholas Suban (FREM), Luke Shuey (WCE), Liam Shiels (HAW), Ben Speight (NM), Ryan Harwood (BRIS), John McCarthy (COL), Mitch Banner (PA), David Armitage (S.K), Dion Prestia (GC), Josh Toy (GC)

These are the guys I would look at seriously, not sure what these teams would want for them though, 1st rounders + players at least.

I would have no hesitation for most of them.

In all honesty, a couple of hard nosed midfielders that could be useful may be Shane Tuck (Richmond) or Byron Schammer (Fremantle), both a little older, both very good at winning there own ball. More so Tuck than Schammer but still, could see possible trades.

can find a tonne of the ball at any level. not damaging with the ball, not terrible with his disposal either.

was hurt by wwt sending him back to reserves all the time. why the hell wwt picked him in the mini-draft when they already have a very strong midfield is beyond me. now playing for pa magpies and doing very well. defensive side has been criticized, not that it is that bad but i suspect he either needs to have a real weapon or be very good in all areas.

could have trouble getting into our side as we have a heap of promising young mids, may get in taking the place of someone like hitchy. if players like thomas and logan keep holding him out though would not have alot of trade currency if he decided to leave. could make it as a 2nd tier midfield accumulater. kicks goals as well. late this year ild expect him to show something, still young but needs to really show something or could be elsewhere?

Not sure I would trade so aggressively to be honest.

I would develop your own players and trade when you are starting to become a force again. Obviously if a player like Gibbs states he is homesick and wants to go home, then go for broke but right now I would just develop your core group of kids coming through.

I think, as you mentioned, it is the second tier guys that are in your 'best 22' that are holding you back, once you delist/trade/retire these guys then this should hold you in good stead for the future.

yeah we are developing some gun players, i have alot of hope for kids like trengove,butch, pittard, jacobs and hartlett.

unfortunately without tanking it has been really hard for us to get those superstar mids that go in the first few picks ie the cooney, griffen, m.murphy pendles types. we can draft more kids in the next 2 years but i think we have a massive amount of talent on our list in the 18-24 age bracket that will be the core of our team. we have boak who is an elite talent, and gray and hartlett who are on the cusp. we have kids like pittard, jacobs, moore , newton and broadbent who will be very good in the future. like i said its just that lack of a real top superstar top talent type which ild like to add to that group, and although im normally a fan of keeping draft picks i think if we can add that one guy through trading our picks ild like to see it happen. would have to be in the under 24 age group though.

incredibly hard to pry someone like a jack trengove/ griffen loose though. i think griffen just resigned last year too. i like what ive seen of jack redden. gibbs would be good if he can play more through the mid ( which i think he has this year??) but he would be very hard to get. greenwood showed a bit last year although is short of the superstar type im talking about.

so i think good targets would be j.trengove or j.redden.

would have to move heaven and earth to get trengove, wouldnt be possible with our picks so i would go hard for redden. pick 20, has shown alot i like this kid would take a bit to get him.

pick 9 and 16
for shaun burgoyne and pick 22 or 24 or something like that. was proven superstar coming off knee injury pretty indicative of the price to pay for top talent.

of course if there is some top sa talent available next year expectly around our pick im ok with trying for that. i just think the boak, carlile chappy trengove group all aged around 19-25 is the group to build around for a premiership.

tapscott is another exciting sa kid but probably plays more of a flanker than mid role am i right?

Would not be suprised if we try to get rid of Monfries at some point, and would not be suprised if Port bite and bite hard - as long as Rohde's still there.
Made a completely undeserved play for Jay Nash 2 years ago and there's a litany of other bad trade moves down to him.

monfries was drafted as a midfielder and has played as a clever small marking forward in a team needing midfielders.

for whatever reason hasnt made it as a midfielder, have absolutely no need for him at pafc. would have to be a huge turnaround to prove me wrong.

incredibly hard to pry someone like a jack trengove/ griffen loose though. i think griffen just resigned last year too. i like what ive seen of jack redden. gibbs would be good if he can play more through the mid ( which i think he has this year??) but he would be very hard to get. greenwood showed a bit last year although is short of the superstar type im talking about.

so i think good targets would be j.trengove or j.redden.

would have to move heaven and earth to get trengove, wouldnt be possible with our picks so i would go hard for redden. pick 20, has shown alot i like this kid would take a bit to get him.

Jack Redden will go close to captaining the Brisbane Lions Football Club, that is how highly I have heard this kid is rated within the Lions inner sanctum.

Jack Trengove, see above..

It is always hard to see these types of trades this early in the season unless that player has performed well in the reserves and is continualy being overlooked (see Will Minson, Williamstown/Western Bulldogs & Shane Tuck, Coburg,Richmond).

I would love to pry away a superstar player back home and think that this year is the first year where I think we have real 'appeal' over a cash strapped team like Carltank.

Would love to get a superstar kid like Carlton did when they recruited Chris Judd. Would love a Travis Boak (even though he resigned), Tom Rockliff, Rory Sloane even, looking at that interstate up and coming 'star' who wants to come home (points finger squarely at David Swallow :D:D).

Would not be suprised if we try to get rid of Monfries at some point, and would not be suprised if Port bite and bite hard - as long as Rohde's still there.

Kinda funny that I suggested this last year and was completely shot down for this.

He has probably reduced in trade price and would not get a high second rounder. Will be interesting to see the 'deadwood' that Hird & Co. do trim come seasons end be it through the trade period or pure delistings.

I know it will come at a massive cost but id like to try and get Bryce Gibbs off of Carlton. Get some A grade class in the middle.
I figure Carlton are desperate for big young KPPs. And we have a few young Victorians.
McKernan and Talia for Gibbs.
Could work for both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traded out:

Jarryd Morton
Taylor Duryea
Thomas Murphy

all traded out!

In Matthew Warnock

I think i want ebert, rosa, Lynch, A selwood, C wilson, ash smith traded. For a reasonable price. Offers?

Ebert: 3rd rounder
Rosa: 4th Rounder
Lynch: Packet of chips :D
A.Selwood: Steak knives:p
C.Wilson: please... :cool:
A.Smith: 3rd Rounder

Koby Stevens: 2nd rounder
Luke Shuey: 1st Rounder
Tom Swift: 4th Rounder
Chris Masten: 3rd Rounder

What would Freo take from us for Ballantyne?

**** I love that kid. Is exactly my type of player.

There were rumours that Luke Shuey was coming back home to VIC this year and if so he wanted to come to Essendon because of the link between himself and Zaharakis.

This of course didn't take place and Luke is now playing great footy, what would West Coast expect for him?

I reckon essendon would be prepared to throw up players like:

Prismall
Dyson
Reimers(WA Boy)

There were rumours that Luke Shuey was coming back home to VIC this year and if so he wanted to come to Essendon because of the link between himself and Zaharakis.

This of course didn't take place and Luke is now playing great footy, what would West Coast expect for him?

I reckon essendon would be prepared to throw up players like:

Prismall
Dyson
Reimers(WA Boy)

:rolleyes:

You'll have to offer your first rounder or a decent player for Shuey.

No way! Lisle is a gun!

Unless we are going to play him, we might as well look to trade to get a guy that, in just his 4th game, looks like he has played about 50. Zac Smith is what we wanted from Bailey, except without the knee recos.

The kid can go forward and can take a grab and kick a goal. Would be nice to be able to get bailey fit as well and have 2 200+ ruckman running around.

Playing forward at a club that doesnt need power forwards in a position that he is not ideally suited and hardly played at junior level in which he was named U/18 AA in that different position :cool:

Yer well, I reckon he may be used this week! He's just not a forward, backman as well!

:rolleyes:

You'll have to offer your first rounder or a decent player for Shuey.

If continues to develop this year, I would have no qualms if he were to nominate Essendon as his team of choice if he wanted to come back to Melbourne.

Luke Shuey + 3nrd Rounder

Scott Gumbleton + 1st Rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back