General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trades youd like to see your team make

If continues to develop this year, I would have no qualms if he were to nominate Essendon as his team of choice if he wanted to come back to Melbourne.

Luke Shuey + 3nrd Rounder

Scott Gumbleton + 1st Rounder

That sounds like a decent deal but would WC want Gumbleton? They don't exactly need a tall forward with Kennedy/Darling forming a nice partnership there and they're both very young while Gumbleton hasn't be able to get off the injury list and play consistent footy.

IMO -

Shuey + 3rd rounder

1st rounder + Colyer

If continues to develop this year, I would have no qualms if he were to nominate Essendon as his team of choice if he wanted to come back to Melbourne.

Luke Shuey + 3nrd Rounder

Scott Gumbleton + 1st Rounder

I'd rather trade lecras than shuey. We do not need Gumbleton. Only if he came quite cheaply would we take him. We would probably send kobe Stevens home for a normal year first rounder (pick 1 -18).

Ebert: 3rd rounder
Rosa: 4th Rounder
Lynch: Packet of chips :D
A.Selwood: Steak knives:p
C.Wilson: please... :cool:
A.Smith: 3rd Rounder

Koby Stevens: 2nd rounder
Luke Shuey: 1st Rounder
Tom Swift: 4th Rounder
Chris Masten: 3rd Rounder

If i were to get the steak knives myself i would say deal on that one. They can be expensive and i need a set. Other than that in my executive role as random BF supporter i say no deal to the above.

I know it will come at a massive cost but id like to try and get Bryce Gibbs off of Carlton. Get some A grade class in the middle.
I figure Carlton are desperate for big young KPPs. And we have a few young Victorians.
McKernan and Talia for Gibbs.
Could work for both teams.
That was last year before they drafted Watson and McCarthy.
Would prefer to keep at least one of McKernan and Talia.

That sounds like a decent deal but would WC want Gumbleton? They don't exactly need a tall forward with Kennedy/Darling forming a nice partnership there and they're both very young while Gumbleton hasn't be able to get off the injury list and play consistent footy.

IMO -

Shuey + 3rd rounder

1st rounder + Colyer

I was actually looking at Colyer.

If we were to get a deal like this done, I would think it coule be a deal, might as well just go a like for like though.

Shuey for 1st Rounder

Colyer for 2nd Rounder (is rated fairly highly by EFC people).

I'd rather trade lecras than shuey. We do not need Gumbleton. Only if he came quite cheaply would we take him. We would probably send kobe Stevens home for a normal year first rounder (pick 1 -18).

Doubt Stevens is worth a first rounder, possibly a high second rounder (at a reach).

You would trade Lecras :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Doubt he is going to go anywhere if WCE have annything to do with it.

As for Gumbleton, I am someone who has given up hope on him of becoming a solid AFL player, if he does. bonus, if not, no love lost.

I was actually looking at Colyer.

If we were to get a deal like this done, I would think it coule be a deal, might as well just go a like for like though.

Shuey for 1st Rounder

Colyer for 2nd Rounder (is rated fairly highly by EFC people).

Doubt Stevens is worth a first rounder, possibly a high second rounder (at a reach).

You would trade Lecras :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Doubt he is going to go anywhere if WCE have annything to do with it.

As for Gumbleton, I am someone who has given up hope on him of becoming a solid AFL player, if he does. bonus, if not, no love lost.

Shuey will give eagles more in the rest of his career than lecras will in his. If i had to give one away for the same price it would be lecras. We also have a good young forward-line without lecras anyway with Darling/kennedy. I would trade lecras... for david swallow.

There were rumours that Luke Shuey was coming back home to VIC this year and if so he wanted to come to Essendon because of the link between himself and Zaharakis.

This of course didn't take place and Luke is now playing great footy, what would West Coast expect for him?

I reckon essendon would be prepared to throw up players like:

Prismall
Dyson
Reimers(WA Boy)
Surely you trolling?

I don't know if the club would expect anything because they would probably do all in their power to convince him to stay.

If the clubs hand was forced, then who knows.

I suspect what Axel sugested a first round pick and decent player.

Essendon Football Club Player Contract Status': (Expiry 2011)

Tom Bellchambers
Jake Carlisle
Travis Colyer
Darcy Daniher
Rick Dyson
Dustin Fletcher
Kyle Hardingham
Heath Hocking
Cale Hooker
Sam Lonergan
Anthony Long
Nathan Lovett-Murray
Jake Melksham
Tayte Pears
Brent Prismal
Andrew Welsh
Jason Winderlich
Stewart Cramer (Rookie)
Josh Jenkins (Rookie)
Jay Neagle (Rookie)
Michael Quinn (Rookie)
Taite Silverlock (Rookie)
Tyson Slattery (Rookie)
James Webster (Rookie)

With three players required to turnover, think the bolded ones will be the ones struggling to be at Essendon next year with trades another possibility to move on players and upgrade picks.

Will be good to see Hird turn over the 'deadwood' from our list and bring in some quality players as he has stated in the media.

North Trade 4th Round Pick
For
John Anthony

North Trade
Swallow+Ziebell+First Round Pick for
Gary Ablett

all good deals for all involved

Realistically LeCras would require a top 5 pick.

as in my opinion so should shuey. But i honestly wouldn't trade shuey even for swallow purely just because i love the kid. think he's a lad. And i hugged him in a club once which is always an awesome gay love story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as in my opinion so should shuey. But i honestly wouldn't trade shuey even for swallow purely just because i love the kid. think he's a lad. And i hugged him in a club once which is always an awesome gay love story.

lol.....:p

Would love for us to have a crack and arrange a deal for Lachie Hansen.

I know he has underperformed (according to some) since being selected so highly in 2006, but if he can recapture some of that Gippy form from 2005 - he'd be the perfect CHB for us. Although, he was perceived to be a 'dumb footballer' when considering him for selection in 2006.

Given that our first round pick is reserved for Dylan Buckley this year - I wonder what North would want for him?

Perhaps we'd have to trade for another 1st rounder somehow.

I know it will come at a massive cost but id like to try and get Bryce Gibbs off of Carlton. Get some A grade class in the middle.
I figure Carlton are desperate for big young KPPs. And we have a few young Victorians.
McKernan and Talia for Gibbs.
Could work for both teams.
I'm not sure we're that light on for KPP anymore as we have a few in development (mainly thanks to last years draft).

Besides, I think sending the #1 pick to Adelaide would require more than 2 very speculative players (one of which hasn't even played a senior game).

yeah blues added 3 talls, watson, who if he isnt playing now will be soon, tall key backman. and macarthy who is a running backman. and mitchell who may be awhile away.

i still think you guys could use mackernan. looks the goods already, will be a very solid ff/ chf. a cant see the crows really keeping tippett, mackernan and walker together. will lose one of mackernan or walker, they need to hold onto the other. who knows whether walker will take gws or not but i think several vic teams will be chatting to mackernan.

c4 that is my fav poem, edgar allen poe rocks, some poetry can be bad-ass not all sissy type crap people think it is

yeah blues added 3 talls, watson, who if he isnt playing now will be soon, tall key backman. and macarthy who is a running backman. and mitchell who may be awhile away.

i still think you guys could use mackernan. looks the goods already, will be a very solid ff/ chf. a cant see the crows really keeping tippett, mackernan and walker together. will lose one of mackernan or walker, they need to hold onto the other. who knows whether walker will take gws or not but i think several vic teams will be chatting to mackernan.

c4 that is my fav poem, edgar allen poe rocks, some poetry can be bad-ass not all sissy type crap people think it is

Agree mate :thumbsu:

Good to meet another fan !

I will probably get shot down for this, but.....

Foley and our second rounder or Compo pick from the Bling deal for Ballantyne.

We need a player like him desperately.

What would it take to get him???

I would also consider our first pick (only)

I will probably get shot down for this, but.....

Foley and our second rounder or Compo pick from the Bling deal for Ballantyne.

We need a player like him desperately.

What would it take to get him???

I would also consider our first pick (only)
They got him with a second rounder and he's done only good things since.
Logically, a second rounder at least, methinks more

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back