General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trades youd like to see your team make

I'd
Mid-sized forward like a Pettard from Melbourne - offer a 2nd Rounder

I'd have thought Pettard would be worth far more than a 2nd rounder - especially a 2nd rounder in 2011. He is a seriously classy young player whose only real downside is the series of injuries he has suffered.

Really? I think the Saints are getting r*ped on that deal. Kosi, Hampson and Walker all range somewhere between average to shit, and the only good player in that deal is Gilbert. Carlton win because they end up with him.
So we lose Megan Gale and get Kim Duthie?

Pass.

I'd have thought Pettard would be worth far more than a 2nd rounder - especially a 2nd rounder in 2011. He is a seriously classy young player whose only real downside is the series of injuries he has suffered.

Yeah, probably right. Not sure he's worth a 1st rounder as I don't think he has shown enough just yet in terms of consistant long term footy, but I think he would fit in really well with us.

tough to work out what guys like him are worth. Hasn't played a lot of footy and only shown glimpses. Maybe an early 2nd rounder (18-25)

From Port Adelaide I would look at:

Mitch Banner, 180cm, 80kg, MID, 21
Travis Boak, 183cm, 83kg, MID, 22
Alipate Carlisle, 192cm, 98kg, DEF, 24
Jackson Trengove, 197cm, 98kg, DEF, 20

Obviously wanting these guys, would have to give up something decent.

I think we are in dire need for some KPD depth, as the ongoing concerns with Pears is worrying whilst Fletcher isnt getting any younger.

Would love to try and upgrade on some midfielders, or picks.
I'd dangle big coin at Trengove (Boak, Hartlett etc.). Then a sneaky at Gray.
Probably only going to push up the price on the really good ones but that might push someone like Gray - who'd still be worthwhile - out the other end.

Who's Banner?

On the KPD depth - we've been missing our 3 of our first 6 tall backs most of the year and the most we've coughed up to a big man is 3. It's not that big a worry.
Upgrading Lonergan etc has to be the priority.

3) if he plays well in the 2nd half of the year he could be a gws target with a role like fraser to gc...proberly the best option for charman and the lions as we will get a combo pick
Even if he does play well for a half of next year, he'll be 30, and he'll still have missed 2 of the last 3 years. I hardly think they're going to be chasing hard.

A bonus if you get anything out of him from here on IMHO.

Would give my left testicle for Shaun McKernan.

I've heard since he was drafted he wants to play in Victoria but it might have been false rumors.

Wouldn't come cheap though.

I'd dangle big coin at Trengove (Boak, Hartlett etc.). Then a sneaky at Gray.
Probably only going to push up the price on the really good ones but that might push someone like Gray - who'd still be worthwhile - out the other end.

Who's Banner?

On the KPD depth - we've been missing our 3 of our first 6 tall backs most of the year and the most we've coughed up to a big man is 3. It's not that big a worry.
Upgrading Lonergan etc has to be the priority.

Of the big two (Boak/Gray), I would love to get Boak, but think we would have to seriously pay well over the odds (like 1st rounder + a Michael Hurley/Cale Hooker) which, as good as Boak is, would back Keane to get a gun mid with our first round pick for once :D

Banner is a smallish inside midfielder who wins plenty of his own ball, and is good overhead for a player of his size and loves a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he does play well for a half of next year, he'll be 30, and he'll still have missed 2 of the last 3 years. I hardly think they're going to be chasing hard.

A bonus if you get anything out of him from here on IMHO.

yep, the GWS won't be chasing hard...and they won't have too as teh lions won't be offering him much of a contract after paying him overs for 3 injury years.

and yes he is 30, but the gws will need some experience big bodied rucks in their team as last time I checked they don't have any ready made young ruckman in their team like the GC had with Zac Smith

He will be a good cheap option for them...200k or so

if im gws ild go after hampson with promises of being first ruck. or hamish macintosh but should probably go for someone youngish as they have jon giles who is a decent tap ruckman big body and can compete but will not be a star or hurt teams around the ground. will be serviceable at least for them while they develop someone, hence why someone still working on their game but young like hampson would be perfect for them.

i think essendon have to trade ryder or hille.....maybe hille for a high quality midfielder?

Wouldn't mind Matty Campbell from north, how much is he worth? Second round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back