Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If (big IF) there had been no hint that GA was seeking to return until this morning and we had a few hours to strike a deal it would be seen as an amazing acquisition to our list. The problem of human nature is when you have a long period to digest thoughts of a likely outcome the excitement becomes dull expectation and when you reach into your wallet to pay it's easy to feel ripped off. If GAJ was unrestricted and was happy to play with any club he'd command a top 10 pick from any club in the window of premiership.
Mate I'm an old bloke, been following the cats since 1961 and don't really care about the cost just want to see it happen.

So are we just trading Darcy for trading sake?
I can understand using him as an enticement or an extra, as part of a bigger deal, but trading him for a 40 something pick is ludicrous. It's not like we'd be paying him decent coin, and it's highly unlikely we'd get anyone as good as him with such a high pick

I see him being in our best 22 with a good run at it. He's 21, and has already banked 40-50 games

Even more difficult to stomach when Stanley and Murdoch are still on the list

I think adel will offer 10/16 and a 2018 r2 for gibbs (i doubt they offer 2xr1) ideally if we could get that r2 off carlton for lang we can trade our 2018 r2 for ablett. Unfortunately i think they will trade the 2018 r2 for kennedy and we will be stuck with 40 for lang.

Maybe 22 for ablett and 37 and 40 in for lang gives us 19 35 37 and 40.

I can understand using him as an enticement or an extra, as part of a bigger deal, but trading him for a 40 something pick is ludicrous. It's not like we'd be paying him decent coin, and it's highly unlikely we'd get anyone as good as him with such a high pick

I see him being in our best 22 with a good run at it. He's 21, and has already banked 40-50 games

He’s out of contract. Unfortunately we don’t have a choice, we either take scraps or get nothing at all.

So are we just trading Darcy fur trading sake?
I can understand using him as an enticementnif an extra as part of a bigger deal, but trading him for a 40 something pick is ludicrous. It's not like we'd be paying him decent coin, and it's highly unlikely we'd get anyone as good as him with such a high pick

I see him being in our best 22 with s good run at it. He's 21, and already banked 40-50 games

Lang doesn’t want to play for Geelong next year.

It is common knowledge to those that talked to him around town after the seasons end - he said he was going ( and he rejected the Geelong contract).

He’s goneski......

He is OOC and he wants more gametime we have little choice.

Lang wants to go
Club wants to keep him

Darcy has no contract in front of him (or has not accepted the offer available) and wants to seek opportunity elsewhere. Short of knee-capping him, he can simply walk into the PSD.

At least this way, we can get something back for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very much a Dixon believer after seeing all Port games in 2017.
Oh, me too. I think he's really good. My point is that he has to stay at that level, and on the park.

All it takes is the Tom Hawkins 2013 injury and they don't have a good second option. Westhoff is 31, and Todd Marshall is a footballing baby.

Reckon we could have done a little more to convince him to stay. The old, "we'll offer you a new contract if you decide you want to stay" is hardly shouting out that you want him to play for you.
The issue is purely, from what he says, the midfield time. I reckon he should have a bit of a look at Stokes' career, though - played forward until 2012, then as the older blokes started to shift, he moved into the middle and was sensational.

Darcy has no contract in front of him (or has not accepted the offer available) and wants to seek opportunity elsewhere. Short of knee-capping him, he can simply walk into the PSD.

At least this way, we can get something back for him.

what will be getting for him? Be a heck of a something a p58 in a thin draft to replace a 21 year old R1 pick.

Reckon we could have done a little more to convince him to stay. The old, "we'll offer you a new contract if you decide you want to stay" is hardly shouting out that you want him to play for you.
What if a part of contract negotiations were assurances of play time, assurances we couldn’t or didn’t give?

40 will be involved I reckon for Kennedy so this will be a Kersten or Vardy type deal we have no leverage. On the flip side we will have to use a higher pick now for Gaz. Worst possible result

Our only leverage we have is if he goes PSD GC will pick him up so carlton may offer 40.

Lang doesn’t want to play for Geelong next year.

It is common knowledge to those that talked to him around town after the seasons end - he said he was going ( and he rejected the Geelong contract).

He’s goneski......
Cheers. I wasn't aware he wanted to be traded.......I was under the impression it was being forced on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back