Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they do that we should agree with GC that we will send Lang to PSD for GC to take if they deal Ablett cheap, which should make carl offer something decent.

what will be getting for him? Be a heck of a something a p58 in a thin draft to replace a 21 year old R1 pick.
Fun fact: pick 58 averages 39 AFL games. About how many more I say Lang has in him. :)

Reckon we could have done a little more to convince him to stay. The old, "we'll offer you a new contract if you decide you want to stay" is hardly shouting out that you want him to play for you.

We cant guarantee gametime.

All of this good citizen behaviour doesn't seem to provide the sort of reciprocal behaviour from other clubs and players that we might hope for. It's almost like we're actually just being taken advantage of by all and sundry. Shurely shome mishtake...

But apparently we want him to stay :rolleyes:

mmm I know CE thinks he will not play a 100 games total... just how many games will we get out of P58 I wonder... maybe we can find another Menegola... ?

In the end... this is the consequence of bringing players ... he rightly say ..where do I fit...

Reckon we could have done a little more to convince him to stay. The old, "we'll offer you a new contract if you decide you want to stay" is hardly shouting out that you want him to play for you.
Exactly I was reading all year about how he'd have to wait until the end of the year to see what we were bringing in and what we needed to trade out.

Somebody stuffed up as only one part of that equation will come to fruition.

I'm surprised the club doesn't have more confidence in him to give him those assurances. I think he deserves a decent run at it assuming he's fit.
Without wanting to run the risk of another cynical scathing rebuke I personally don’t have him in our best side. Not convinced the club does either.

As much as I’d like more than the rubbish Carlton will offer up I won’t lose much sleep over Darcy leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mmm I know CE thinks he will not play a 100 games total... just how many games will we get out of P58 I wonder... maybe we can find another Menegola... ?

In the end... this is the consequence of bringing players ... he rightly say ..where do I fit...

Without knowing what player we will eventually end up with I'd bet he'll play less games than Lang does from here on in

If Carl get 12 and 16 as part of a move for Gibbs.

Then on trade 16 to Geelong for Lang and 22
Then 22 for Kennedy.

GWS Happy. Geel (Have to be happy) b/c it's either that or pick in the 40's or worse 50's

Trick is would Carl accept 12, Kennedy and Lang for Gibbs.

Our trick is that 22 will be walking out the door for Ablett.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back