Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over priced and under achieved ... an expensive question mark player

when in doubt ... stamp here ....

View attachment 550599
Underachieving... while playing for a very mediocre Port team.

May end up as the Stringer dilemma mk 2 (in terms of a talented forward that's not realising their potential) but I would be very comfortable with bringing him in to our system to add a more natural forward option.

I think we will have 9 spots free for the trade/draft period.
My view below, what are peoples thoughts?

Traded:
George Horlin-Smith
Daniel Menzel

Delisted:
Matthew Hayball
Ryan Gardner
Stewart Crameri
Aaron Black
Timm House
Lincoln McCarthy
Cory Gregson

Add Thurlow to traded. Smith potentially too if we find another ruck.

Murdoch will be moved on if he plays another bad final next week. Reckon Scott took a long time to get over his last bad one, so big stakes for Murdoch this week.

We are chasing Dalhaus because Gregson and McCarthy are doubtful to remain at the club; possibly Linc will get a contract for one more year but corey will not. Menz is doubtful to stay as well. Club will not give him two years. He has an offer of two from saints-gone I’d say. Thats two or three sml fwds we need to replace. TK is here at least till the end of 2019.

So going at this stage IMHO;
Gregson
Thurlow
Menzel
GHS

Any news on Libba wanting to leave as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah agree with the list of outgoing players. You could probably add Murdoch to that list too. Smith could also request a trade. I still think we have enough depth in terms of small forwards. Jones, Narkle, Fogarty, Miers, Parfitt etc - granted, some of these guys will develop into mids, but not all of them. I'd be very surprised if Dahlhaus was played predominantly as a small forward, I could be wrong, but I see him spending more time in the middle moving forward as Ablett nears the end, Selwood getting older, possible Kelly departure etc.

I think he'll spend time resting forward, but I believe he'll be played mainly as a mid, a position he has played the last few years and is well suited too. As for Kelly, I'm far from convinced he will be here until the end of 2019. I think Cook is posturing and sending a statement to WC, he is every chance to be traded in a few weeks time imo, we are just trying to get the best deal possible. This years top 20 is a bumper crop, another first rounder may be appealing if we think Kelly will walk at the end of 2019. We will see how it plays out I guess.

Underachieving... while playing for a very mediocre Port team.

May end up as the Stringer dilemma mk 2 (in terms of a talented forward that's not realising their potential) but I would be very comfortable with bringing him in to our system to add a more natural forward option.

Let me say at the start of any debate ... I have a strong opinion we need to only draft this year. Its mitigated by FA.. so I can live with the DHouse acquisition...
What is your plan to bring in him in. What do you think Port would want for him?

Wingard is being played in the wrong spot. He's a 40 goal a year forward, not a midfielder. In Geelong, he'd play up front.

I actually reckon he's better as a mid. Has been pretty disappointing this year as a forward and his best work in previous years was as an onballer. Regardless, he'll cost way more in trade than we would be willing to give. Moot point. I think with the talent available in this draft you absolutely cannot be trading out this year's early picks unless it's to protect the pick from father son spending, which in itself is an attempt to secure more talent in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard is being played in the wrong spot. He's a 40 goal a year forward, not a midfielder. In Geelong, he'd play up front.

Wingard wants to play in the midfield and played his best footy for the season in Port's midfield.

I agree he still has A-grade forward prospects but the cost (both salary and trade wise) would be far too high for us.

I would love to see us draft a ready-made small forward as in my mind that's exactly what we need. Parfitt is/will be a mid, as will Cockatoo. Miers may or may not make it and McCarthy's body won't hold up.

Look at the instant impact the likes of Jack Higgins, Tom Papley, Liam Ryan etc have had in recent times. I can't recall the last time we had a small forward come in and do that. Instead we are constantly trying to shoehorn players like Parfitt and Parsons into that role when it's not a natural fit.

Wingard wants to play in the midfield and played his best footy for the season in Port's midfield.

I agree he still has A-grade forward prospects but the cost (both salary and trade wise) would be far too high for us.

I would love to see us draft a ready-made small forward as in my mind that's exactly what we need. Parfitt is/will be a mid, as will Cockatoo. Miers may or may not make it and McCarthy's body won't hold up.

Look at the instant impact the likes of Jack Higgins, Tom Papley, Liam Ryan etc have had in recent times. I can't recall the last time we had a small forward come in and do that. Instead we are constantly trying to shoehorn players like Parfitt and Parsons into that role when it's not a natural fit.
Ronke... that kid has ridiculous pace. I saw him impacting contests he had no right to get to. He's the sort of player I would trade Kelly for.

Chad Wingard is even more overrated than Cyril Rioli. No thanks.

You sir are an idiot...no offense :D

But seriously all this talk of Wingard hurts my head, WE WILL NOT SIGN WINGARD...PORT WILL NOT TRADE HIM..HE WONT COME TO VICTORIA..STOP WITH THE PIPE DREAMS...TK IS NOT LEAVING

Stewart Henderson Bews
Tuohy Taylor Kolo
Kelly Duncan Cockatoo
Wingard Hawkins Dahlhaus
Dangerfield Ratagolea Menzel
Stanley J.Selwood Ablett
S.Selwood Menegola Parfitt Henry

Em Guthrie Smith Murdoch Thurlow Constable, Narkle, Fogarty, Cunico Miers Zuthrie Simpson McCarthy Crameri Abbott

Back em in
We have to use our first round pick this year, so just how are we getting Wingard?

Wingard played forward for the majority of the year, only played in the midfield in the last handful of games.

We have to use our first round pick this year, so just how are we getting Wingard?

Point of rules..if we really want to be nuts we could trade our r1... then at the end it will be assessed that we have failed to have 2 in 4 ..and we will be then put on a rope till we have had 2 in 4.

Id rather he 2 r1's this year and then have three years where can trade if the right player suddenly says I want to come to Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back