Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love ppl saying Wingard is no good.

He's played 7 season and 3 of them he kicked well over 40 goals and another time injury cost him when he was 38 or something.

He's the kind of guy that is well worth a pick btw 10-15. Esp as the next year and maybe the year after really is the end of the window. What would rule us out would be the 700K he would get in the open market. Other than that he fills the absolute glaring hole on the ground we have. Our fwd line is garbage and fwd lines are hard to fix. At least with the backline you can throw in the failed fwds.

We have two genuine fwds in the team and one in Menzel is half cooked. All the rest are just makeshift that other teams would spend all of about 3 minutes scouting on. More worried with which midfielder will rotate down there and hurt them ie Danger, Menegola, GAJ, and TK

I don’t hate linc, but if he can never get on the ground what is the point of keeping him. Just wasting a list spot and money.
Hopefully the kid will get a run of luck and become durable. I think he could be anything for us. Like Menzel, you don't dislodge talent. Same as Cocky. If you get them all up and running, the rearview mirrors would be out for the opposition.
Gregson I would be happy to let go. Although at the very start of his career he was scoring goals and putting pressure on.
Bloody hell, Stanley breaking down leads me to believe they should play Smith and/or Abbott for the rest of this season. But if Stanley is fit, we look better again.
We wouldn't have many players of talent left if we removed all the injured players.
Scott Selwood, Menzel, Gregson, Cockatoo, Stanley, Henderson, Taylor, even Danger and Ablett are vulnerable players
I really hope Linc gets up for these finals and shows just what he can give to the team
He and Ratagolea add a completely new dimension to our forward line

Just a further note on how bad our fwd line is

The Fwds - Menzel and Hawk = 85 goals

The Mids - Danger, Menegola, Stanley, Selwood, Ablett, Kelly, Duncan, Murdoch = 112 goals

The Makeshift Fwds - Parsons, Henry, SavRat, Parfitt, Narkle, JJones, Fogerty, Gregson, McCarthy, Buzza, Taylor, = 63 goals btw all of them

Just a further note on how bad our fwd line is

The Fwds - Menzel and Hawk = 85 goals

The Mids - Danger, Menegola, Stanley, Selwood, Ablett, Kelly, Duncan, Murdoch = 112 goals

The Makeshift Fwds - Parsons, Henry, SavRat, Parfitt, Narkle, JJones, Fogerty, Gregson, McCarthy, Buzza, Taylor, = 63 goals btw all of them
Is there a point to this other than our makeshift forwards have let us down?

We are 4th for points scored BTW.

I know we've hoarded picks in the 40-60 range to account for potential FS picks, and are reluctant to have any picks in the 15-40 range for the same reasons. Which is one reason the Tim Kelly situation is a bit more complicated.

But, it got me thinking, would we potentially not just be better off using a pick 25 or 30 for example on the best kid available and letting brownless etc slide if it came to that? Particularly when people are saying the top 20 or so are quite strong in this draft. Meaning we could potentially get a very good player that may have slid to 25ish. We're basically ruling out any chance of this by our own doing.

It's a moot point now so doesn't really matter, but just a thought.

Richmond are recruiting with no pressure
It’s time stupid north flashed some cash
To pull a few from there
Or about time Gold Coast match seriously,

Makes us trading for danger look so stupid

It was interesting listen to Pelcan the other day ... apparently it very close on the introduction of FA that the destination club had to cough up something .. it would not surprise me if something like that is raised again.

Id also like them to look at a FA cap.....

but I have not seen or heard very few people say we were stupid to get Danger on the money he is on.

Last edited:
I know we've hoarded picks in the 40-60 range to account for potential FS picks, and are reluctant to have any picks in the 15-40 range for the same reasons. Which is one reason the Tim Kelly situation is a bit more complicated.

But, it got me thinking, would we potentially not just be better off using a pick 25 or 30 for example on the best kid available and letting brownless etc slide if it came to that? Particularly when people are saying the top 20 or so are quite strong in this draft. Meaning we could potentially get a very good player that may have slid to 25ish. We're basically ruling out any chance of this by our own doing.

It's a moot point now so doesn't really matter, but just a thought.

what do you mean slide?

We will not need a pick that early for Brownless imo. the 15-30 range is even optimistic for Scott.

Is there a point to this other than our makeshift forwards have let us down?

We are 4th for points scored BTW.

Half the board that say we don't need fwds. If we had some and could keep our mids pumping the ball in maybe just maybe we wouldn't be hovering around mid table. Our mids get knocked for not running two ways etc ect but the truth is they keep us in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what do you mean slide?

We will not need a pick that early for Brownless imo. the 15-30 range is even optimistic for Scott.

I mean just not pick them at all. Seems we've based our strategy this year on picking up some of those guys though bidding with lots of later picks and actively not having picks in the middle of the draft.

Wouldn't we have just be better off getting picks in the middle and then using them on whoever happened to be the best player available?

Like I said, it doesn't matter now, but just a thought.

From my observations, Toumpus is a spud of the highest order. Poor delivery, poor decision making no outstanding assets at this level.

Just not needed at Geelong...

I should add he seems an intelligent young man who speaks well but his football just isn't up to it.
Sad for the kid, because he obviously was a highly rated jnr, and he started so promisingly w the dee's. Was Neeld coach of him when they drafted him !? would love to hear what he has to say about may have started to go wrong w him ? Neeldy might say something if brought up next time he's on the airwaves. It's no biggy but just curious....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The #feederclub have delisted Harry Dear. He looked half decent in the games he played... Worth a look IMO.
Does anyone know his stats for his SANFL career?

197cm, 101kgs... big lad, not sure he was very agile though. He kicked a few bags of 6 in the SANFL from memory.

He had a knee injury this season, not sure what he did in SANFL this year, doesn't seem to be anywhere near top goal kickers in SANFL this year.

The #feederclub have delisted Harry Dear. He looked half decent in the games he played... Worth a look IMO.
I know nothing about him, but I went to one of our VFL matches in Geelong last year (or might have been the year before - was kinda a double header day with the seniors in Melbourne & then VFL in Geelong). I took my seat & sitting in my area (beside or just behind) was Harry & his family - had his name on the top he was wearing.

Thought it was interesting he was in Geelong during the season & watching a Geelong VFL match. Not sure if he was recovering from injury at the time, but it stood out to me

I know nothing about him, but I went to one of our VFL matches in Geelong last year (or might have been the year before - was kinda a double header day with the seniors in Melbourne & then VFL in Geelong). I took my seat & sitting in my area (beside or just behind) was Harry & his family - had his name on the top he was wearing.

Thought it was interesting he was in Geelong during the season & watching a Geelong VFL match. Not sure if he was recovering from injury at the time, but it stood out to me
Was he watching Geelong, or there watching the other team? Who knows I guess, probably a player type the VFL might look at. Not sure Siggins is showing enough in the VFL.

It was interesting listen to Pelcan the other day ... apparently it very close on the introduction of FA that the destination club had to cough up something .. it would not surprise me if something like that is raised again.

Id also like them to look at a FA cap.....

but I have seen or heard very few people say we were stupid to get Danger on the money he is on.
No to trade to get him

I mean just not pick them at all. Seems we've based our strategy this year on picking up some of those guys though bidding with lots of later picks and actively not having picks in the middle of the draft.

Wouldn't we have just be better off getting picks in the middle and then using them on whoever happened to be the best player available?

Like I said, it doesn't matter now, but just a thought.

I can understand the point you are making that we are denning ourselves a player in that range. Its complicated. For a start with FSons you get a discount .. you pay less than what a players is deemed to be worth. If someone bid on Brownless in the 30-40 range ..we will get him with something in the 40-50 range... and we don't even know how many FSons we will need picks for. Then recent changes that introduced in draft trading has changed it a bit again. If the club wanted a player in that range ..say a particular player that we like .. I suspect we will try to trade to get a pick in draft ..that will mean we can control it so we do not have to use it in the bidding.

Was he watching Geelong, or there watching the other team? Who knows I guess, probably a player type the VFL might look at. Not sure Siggins is showing enough in the VFL.

I'm trying to remember the team we were playing but can't at the moment - I'd have no idea who they were there watching or if it was just coming out to watch a game out of general interest in football.

Does anyone know his stats for his SANFL career?

197cm, 101kgs... big lad, not sure he was very agile though. He kicked a few bags of 6 in the SANFL from memory.

He had a knee injury this season, not sure what he did in SANFL this year, doesn't seem to be anywhere near top goal kickers in SANFL this year.
This was one of his games in the SANFL when he kicked a bag, but his opponent was half his size and just about all his goals were cheapies...

Probably not the type we should go after, doesn't look as good as Buzza, let alone SavRat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back