Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to invest in KPD??? Really???

I don’t think the twitter poster has been much attention to our list tbh... I think we are all well aware of the positrons the club needs to invest in.
The twitter poster is Ryan Reynolds who writes in the geelong advertiser. Kingy who replied is from Krock. Maybe disagree but I think they both pay a lot of attention to the cats list.

Same reason he wanted to leave last year and turned down a two year deal that was on the table only to be withdrawn when the SA clubs were approached. He’s only still at club because No other club interested. Arguably in better gf position last year than this so not sure. He has a deal again on the table but hasn’t signed it. Sort of sounds like he’s going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Menz is a smart boy. Leaving options on the table. Now if Adelaide or Sydney or Gws knocked with a 2 year deal you might just be cooking with gas.
Wouldnt want to play on ACL oval or waste a chance of success IMHO

We need to invest in KPD??? Really???

I don’t think the twitter poster has been much attention to our list tbh... I think we are all well aware of the positrons the club needs to invest in.

As an ex poster on here and a good journo Rizzo knows his stuff. That said i disagree with him on this one mainly as I think Geelong will rookie list guys from our vfl team not those delisted by other clubs.

As an ex poster on here and a good journo Rizzo knows his stuff. That said i disagree with him on this one mainly as I think Geelong will rookie list guys from our vfl team not those delisted by other clubs.
That was my thinking too, rather persist with House, Gardiner and co than try and recruit elsewhere personally

I just don’t agree that it’s a priority for the club when there’s other postitions on the list that warrants more attention.

Goddard been delisted. Surely a look in?
No. Saw him when we played Sandy this year.
BOG average and struggled on Buzza.

Not up to it.

I got laughed out the door for mentioning we should have a look at Billings, now we have people saying it’s worth a shot going after Toumpas, the worlds gone mad
Billings opportunity cost is WAY more than Toumpas - I think that's the issue IMO.
Billings proved a lot more than Toumpas ever did too - reflects the cost.

Go Catters

Oh boy....

The blinking lights off in the distance after Hugh Goddard got the flick from the Saints - the blinking lights would be the trucks of despair reversing and trying to drive off into the night.

A fair few go that one wrong....

And hey, I've got my share of misses too. We all do. No clean skins here.

Stanley Vs Goddard head to head - of course, the GPS will now be to " we would have used 21 on someone else" lol.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The twitter poster is Ryan Reynolds who writes in the geelong advertiser. Kingy who replied is from Krock. Maybe disagree but I think they both pay a lot of attention to the cats list.

I think they call it delusions of grandeur ... not every player let go from other clubs because they have failed to come on.. will instantly become a good player on our list... Goddard , Freeman .. Im sure others..

There will be players delisted that are worthy of having a look at ..maybe some that id offer a VFL spot to ... show us what you have got for a year.. and we look at you in 2019..

Isn't Hugh Goddard the guy many wanted the club to draft a few years ago and then the Cats traded pick 21 to St. Kilda for Stanley and the saints picked him?

Id say pre draft there may have been one or two that mentioned him... his name has been more linked to the pick we traded for Stanley.

Oh boy....

The blinking lights off in the distance after Hugh Goddard got the flick from the Saints - the blinking lights would be the trucks of despair reversing and trying to drive off into the night.

Stanley Vs Goddard head to head - of course, the GPS will now be to " we would have used 21 on someone else" lol.

GO Catters

The rear vision stuff is always biased towards the draft.. as who knows who we would have taken at 21...? Its been mentioned on here multiple times that Geelong/Wells were not really in love with Goddard and it was doubtful they would have picked him...

So any player in between Goddard and Gregson ... and we can say... see that who we would have picked.. ( cant say we missed too much for mine..maybe McGovern ? Isn't this the classic example of what our recent debate has been about... a player in system is far more known than someone who looks good against other kids..

Post Goddard.png

Oh boy....

GO Catters
We were never interested in goddard.

As for drafting goddard now. His body is shot. That's a no for me

Someone on Twitter should try to get him to engage ... be nice if we could understand his logic... but from my pov ..KPD stocks is not what we need at all. Blitz has just been signed for 5 years. Taylors retirement is perhaps forefront on is mind.. but we have Henderson... have not even tried House or Gardner.. All reports O have seen on Garner is he is like Collins at the Dogs ...looked good as a junior but is not not dynamic enough in the afl. Henry and Blitz has show us what we need ... find a kid with some athleticism for starters.

And IF we draft who we really do need ..a young gun forward then someone like Buzza may get pushed back. He may have to try to make it as a backman.

The rear vision stuff is always biased towards the draft.. as who knows who we would have taken at 21...? Its been mentioned on here multiple times that Geelong/Wells were not really in love with Goddard and it was doubtful they would have picked him...

So any player in between Goddard and Gregson ... and we can say... see that who we would have picked.. ( cant say we missed too much for mine..maybe McGovern ? Isn't this the classic example of what our recent debate has been about... a player in system is far more known than someone who looks good against other kids..

View attachment 551293

Discussed this exact draft situation on the weekend at the pre-match meet up - add a few if's (drafted Grundy & kept pick 21 etc) and the names mentioned were Toby McLean, Touk Miller & McGovern.

Even had a look at options for between Cockatoo & pick 21 (just knowing the injuries that Cockatoo has gone through since drafting and on reflection was there a different option), maybe Lever, but that as you said "can't say we missed too much"

We were never interested in goddard.

As for drafting goddard now. His body is shot. That's a no for me
I got about 1/2 of CS thread Pt2 that says otherwise..... but ok.

GO Catters

I got about 1/2 of CS thread Pt2 that says otherwise..... but ok.

GO Catters
Surely there's also a few Stanley threads, who should be our #1 ruck threads and injury threads etc that also say the same thing

I stopped reading the CS thread until he was re-signed but read about our interest in Goddard in other places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back