Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m sure the OP that I replied to said otherwise but I could be wrong. In any case, I don’t think pick 5 will be part of any trade for Kelly (if he’s traded).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OP is the opening post. My reply was quite farther down. I probably didn't explain it well enough either so I'll take the blame for that.

Waste your time then. No skin off my nose.

None off mine either. Its all just conjecture based on the fact that not every thing the club says publicly is 100% transparent and accurate. If you believe it is then fine.. in way I hope you are right. Id be very happy to have Kelly here long term.

dazbroncos catempire ...
which way do you guys want to handle the Kelly discussion ... in the 2018 T&D thread... or the specific Kelly thread?

Last edited:
None off mine either. Its all just conjecture based on the fact that not every thing the club says publicly is 100% transparent and accurate. If you believe it is then fine.. in way I hope you are right. Id be very happy to have Kelly here long term.

dazbroncos catempire ...
which way do you guys want to handle the Kelly discussion ... in the 2018 T&D thread... or the specific Kelly thread?
The Kelly one is tagged List Management so probably there.

There was an article on fox sports about who your club should look at for the upcoming draft earlier this week (no link sorry). It made mention of Bailey Scott in ours and the Suns but said that North was looking like a distant third in the race for his signature or something to that extent. Looks a handy type.

There was an article on fox sports about who your club should look at for the upcoming draft earlier this week (no link sorry). It made mention of Bailey Scott in ours and the Suns but said that North was looking like a distant third in the race for his signature or something to that extent. Looks a handy type.

Would be a bold move by him to choose us given he'd be leaving not just his friends and family, but a footy club he has trained with and players he knows and is likely already friends with. How do you then turn and choose a club where he might not even break into the best 22 in his first year.

I reckon if Bailey Scott is serious about a good footy career, he picks us or even North. I know he's from QLD and his family and friends are there, but it would be a mistake for him to pick the safe option and stay at home imo. The Suns have a shocking culture, they're going nowhere, they can't retain good players and why would you want to play in front of small, crappy crowds all the time? The Suns won't develop him properly anyway, he might get senior games quicker up there, but long-term it would be a massive mistake. If he's serious, he gets out of his comfort zone and goes to a club with a good culture and a good future imo. I'm sure his manager if he is any good would be telling him exactly this.

The North board are still very confident

Would be a bold move by him to choose us given he'd be leaving not just his friends and family, but a footy club he has trained with and players he knows and is likely already friends with. How do you then turn and choose a club where he might not even break into the best 22 in his first year.

To me it would show he is serious about his football.He would taking a hard choice not the easier one. To be honest ..if he is the player he hopes he is ..he would say Geelong have shown that we play young players if they bring "the stuff" ..there is nothing to stop me breaking in and going past others on our list.

Bold? A lot of clubs have juniors in to a club pre draft that do not go to that club in the end ... we had Stringer ... obviously he was in their academy which is a bit stronger link. As to justice and fairness... well as im a Geelong supporter... id say the FSon link is just as strong and just.. and that local teams develop players for other clubs all the time. Matty Knights son is playing for the Falcons for example..but there are numerous examples of coaches in other states..having a sone run around that will go elsewhere.. Voss I think is another?

There was a question put to him about the time of the champs which game the impression he was not hard wired to QLD... I guess we will find out soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if Bailey Scott is serious about a good footy career, he picks us or even North. I know he's from QLD and his family and friends are there, but it would be a mistake for him to pick the safe option and stay at home imo. The Suns have a shocking culture, they're going nowhere, they can't retain good players and why would you want to play in front of small, crappy crowds all the time? The Suns won't develop him properly anyway, he might get senior games quicker up there, but long-term it would be a massive mistake. If he's serious, he gets out of his comfort zone and goes to a club with a good culture and a good future imo. I'm sure his manager if he is any good would be telling him exactly this.
I would say if the Suns had shown they have developed more of their early picks into top players it would be easier to choose them. Yet guys like Scrimshaw etc.. are still being mentioned as moving back. In a way its an easy choice to go there and perhaps a hard choice as well. You will not go there think they have success coming any time soon.

Last edited:
I would say if the Suns had shown they have developed more of their early picks into top players it would be easier to choose them. Yet guys like Scrimshaw etc.. are still being mentioned as moving back. In a way its an easy choice to go their and perhaps a hard choice as well. You will not go there think they have success coming any time soon.
Scott is lucky he gets a choice but most draftees dont. Draft time is so uncertain because clubs rarely indicate what they are going to do and if they do, you cant believe it. So a young kid with a dream of playing AFL can hardly knock back a team who wants them and certainly if drafted, has to go to that club. No choice for most.

Clearly they see/saw more in Constable than Worpel. So lets see. The kid is consistently getting 30 disposals a game in the VFL. He's a beast.
I like constable was hopin Worpel would’ve been taken with our last pick. It seemed like a draft that a couple more mid picks would’ve been great.

To me it would show he is serious about his football.He would taking a hard choice not the easier one. To be honest ..if he is the player he hopes he is ..he would say Geelong have shown that we play young players if they bring "the stuff" ..there is nothing to stop me breaking in and going past others on our list.

Bold? A lot of clubs have juniors in to a club pre draft that do not go to that club in the end ... we had Stringer ... obviously he was in their academy which is a bit stronger link. As to justice and fairness... well as im a Geelong supporter... id say the FSon link is just as strong and just.. and that local teams develop players for other clubs all the time. Matty Knights son is playing for the Falcons for example..but there are numerous examples of coaches in other states..having a sone run around that will go elsewhere.. Voss I think is another?

There was a question put to him about the time of the champs which game the impression he was not hard wired to QLD... I guess we will find out soon.
We should have access to knights son then that’s how the Blakey and Scott became available to those clubs

dazbroncos catempire ...
More that this thread is pointless until October.

Why? It's interesting for some of us.
I've been here through the Danger trade and that was lots of pages, and admittedly some fun.

Have come to realise that muse over things such as this becomes repetitive and ultimately mindnumbing without the presence of the trade period to factually gauge what's happening.
Trying to guess what pick we'll get if Player A leaves or if we do X trade with B Club so they can get the points they need, and discussing draftees we're statistically unlikely to select... Over it all TBH.

I've been here through the Danger trade and that was lots of pages, and admittedly some fun.

Have come to realise that muse over things such as this becomes repetitive and ultimately mindnumbing without the presence of the trade period to factually gauge what's happening.
Trying to guess what pick we'll get if Player A leaves or if we do X trade with B Club so they can get the points they need, and discussing draftees we're statistically unlikely to select... Over it all TBH.
There's a lull right now because of the Bye. People want to chat about something. This is interesting because he just won best first year player and even if he plays no games next year, he will win best young player with a landslide victory.

Also, the tail does wag the dog. The more that his value is discussed as being in the top 5, even by us lowly posters, the more that the rest of the world clues onto it and then when it is trade time, he doesn't go for a packet of peanuts.

Their track record of wanting players and not getting them is huge.

I think they are going to add a couple this year...

and I wonder what that does to the master plan for the Crows of trying to get early picks if Port get P10. The Crows have a heap of picks yet have to deal with a club who only wants players... shame they don't have two late R1's id be tempted to trade our R1 for 2 late R1's... and Port are signally that anyone can be traded... which means probably that anyone bar the best players is up for trade . If only push trade were in .. Port and Gold Coast could make some beautiful music together

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-01/no-one-is-off-the-trade-table-says-kochie

I would say if the Suns had shown they have developed more of their early picks into top players it would be easier to choose them. Yet guys like Scrimshaw etc.. are still being mentioned as moving back. In a way its an easy choice to go there and perhaps a hard choice as well. You will not go there think they have success coming any time soon.

Yeah exactly. If you're serious about a professional footy career, you wouldn't seriously consider the Suns as an option given their poor culture and poor player development. They're also financially unstable long-term and are only being propped up by the AFL. The fact they can't retain young talent speaks volumes about the club and culture and I can't see them being an attractive option for young talent at all. But that's easy for me to say, his family and friends are located up there so that will be a factor no doubt.

Scott is a perfect match for us. I'm hoping for Rozee with our first pick if it's after 10. (If Kelly goes then king). Scott, brownless and Corbett. Corbett would be perfect to partner with sav in a few years. Both Scott and Brownless have leadership as well which is a plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back