Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hately is also one of the youngest in the draft, didn’t turn 18 until late October.

Are you serious???....Fairdinkum everything about this kid just blows me away, l wonder if his old mans name isn't Jorel.

One of the knockers said "for an inside capable he looked like a stringbean", but then "Foodies" said it was from the year before representing SA underage lol!!

Before and since the Carnival he's played at the highest level with distinction as if it was easy peazy.
SANFL elite at 17 that's ridiculous!
Hope someone tells Wells if Hately's still there, NO!... you don’t have to reach for the sky it's plain as day, pick the guy.
Hately then RCD next option.

Interesting take. If you take it on face value then:

1. Carl - Walsh
2. GC - Luko
3. GC - Rankine
4. Saints - M.King or B.Smith
5. Port - Rozee
6. GC - Caldwell
7. Bulldogs - M.King or B.King or B.Smith
8. Adel - whoever is left from King/King or Smith
9. GWS - C.Jones
10. PA - Clark?
11. GWS - Stocker or RCD or Hately or Valente
12. Geel - whoever is left from above 4 (plus Sturt!)

The word is Port want to go tall. So if Lukosius and Rankine are both gone at five, expect them to take a King. Rozee would likely be taken at 6 by GCS, so I can’t see how Caldwell fits into the top 6/7 as is being predicted.

Jones and Clark will go at 8 & 9 to ADL or GWS. I think one of Hately/RCD gets to our pick.

The word is Port want to go tall. So if Lukosius and Rankine are both gone at five, expect them to take a King. Rozee would likely be taken at 6 by GCS, so I can’t see how Caldwell fits into the top 6/7 as is being predicted.

Jones and Clark will go at 8 & 9 to ADL or GWS. I think one of Hately/RCD gets to our pick.

That's pretty good reasoning l will be happy either way but I'd go Hately first choice.
Some try to knock his so called ceiling so far he hasn't slowed, next step AFL.
He'll eat VFL this kids exceptional, l hope some are put off because he's 192cm.

You think it's RCD or Hately we'll take?

I'd have Hately ahead of RCD, but I have a feeling Wells would have it the other way around.

I'm not sure what order I'd have them. I think currently that Hately is the more complete player but I get the feeling that RCD has more scope to be a top liner down the track. I'd be comfortable with either.

A lot of talk of Caldwell going to gws at 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also wonder then if we take Hately/RCD at 12 whether we look at Jarvis or Sprague as a medium forward later in the draft.

There’ll be lots of talent available at our later picks: Tom Joyce, Fraser Turner, Jack Bytel, Luke English, Jacob Kennerley, Angus Hanrahan, Tom Lewis, Joe Ayton-Delaney, etc.

I actually think the value late in the draft is in outside line breakers like Ayton-Delaney, and those previously touted as first rounders before being injured (Bytel and Joyce).

The concept of 'best available' is picking the best player on talent, by definition. If you're talking about need or list balance then that is obviously picking a player to fill a need/hole.

the best player on talent ...? what talent ... marking , sprint , yoyo , kicking, ruckwork ...

Im saying that best available is mostly an ideal that is pandered to by ones personal taste and requirements ... is Ranking or Walsh ba for Carlton... or Max King or Luko..etc...

Last edited:
Caldwell looks good but has had hamstring issues on both legs....pass for me on that alone.

Is another level above the rest available if he gets to our pick.

Wells will pick him if there, even if the hamstring needs to be flown over from Germany freshly made.

I thought Fraser Turner could be an okay Murdoch and outside player type replacement. Probably could rookie or a late pick. Seems to accumulate and go by foot were possible.

O'Halloran too if he slips to our later picks.

Although, I think Brownless could develop into a outside midfielder, or flanker.

Last edited:
Caldwell looks good but has had hamstring issues on both legs....pass for me on that alone.

Totally agree Dave. We absolutely need to nail this pick. We've had a few first rounders that haven't developed into what we thought they would the last few years and we need to make this pick count. Those hammies are enough to put me off too.

Totally agree Dave. We absolutely need to nail this pick. We've had a few first rounders that haven't developed into what we thought they would the last few years and we need to make this pick count. Those hammies are enough to put me off too.
If he is there, we must pick him in my view. He is a kid with some hammy issues. Class is what counts here. This kid could be as good as the top few picks this year. Writing him off is what several clubs are still regretting with Selwood.

Yep. As stated a few times, something's a bit fishy. To only sign, what the club has offered you many times with someone else.

There's something going on here

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't there an allegation that the club were very upset over a deception about treatment of his groin, and found his on-going employment to be untenable?

If he is there, we must pick him in my view. He is a kid with some hammy issues. Class is what counts here. This kid could be as good as the top few picks this year. Writing him off is what several clubs are still regretting with Selwood.

Selwood wasn't a repeated soft tissue sufferer like Caldwell. Not arguing his ability...but this pick is vital and personally I hope we dont risk it with this kid...there are others around who could easily develop into quality players.

Cockatoo is/was a class above too, but thats not much chop if you can't get on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back