Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id actually take RCD, think he scopes as the better player, could be an absolute star.

That’s the feel I get too. I think he’s growing into his body at the moment and he’s said the same following a massive growth spurt over the past 18 months. His upside looks very good.

If he is there, we must pick him in my view. He is a kid with some hammy issues. Class is what counts here. This kid could be as good as the top few picks this year. Writing him off is what several clubs are still regretting with Selwood.

Fair enough. He may well be fine and be a durable player who has a great career, but it's a risk all the same. For every Selwood, there is a Cockatoo. I just feel we have wasted a few first round picks the last few years, and we really need to get this bang on imo. I just cant stand the thought of having another "talented" player on the list who is always in the rehab room.

Selwood wasn't a repeated soft tissue sufferer like Caldwell. Not arguing his ability...but this pick is vital and personally I hope we dont risk it with this kid...there are others around who could easily develop into quality players.

Cockatoo is/was a class above too, but thats not much chop if you can't get on the ground.
But imagine Cockatoo, Caldwell, Parfitt, Constable, Fogarty, Narkle,
into the future. I still believe Cocky will come good.
I think he needs to focus on playing as a forward him he gets consistency with his body.
Don't disagree however playing as a forward hasn't given his body any peace so far. Maybe his body is telling him to play in the midfield or behind the ball. Would give us brilliant run off a back flank

Fair enough. He may well be fine and be a durable player who has a great career, but it's a risk all the same. For every Selwood, there is a Cockatoo. I just feel we have wasted a few first round picks the last few years, and we really need to get this bang on imo. I just cant stand the thought of having another "talented" player on the list who is always in the rehab room.
Understand the concern, but you would take Max King in a heartbeat after an ACL. I just see talent and leadership in Jye.

Would love to see Gold Coast pick Sam Walsh instead of Carlton, he might one day want to come back home and being an Ocean Grove boy would put us in pole position to snag him.

Selwood wasn't a repeated soft tissue sufferer like Caldwell. Not arguing his ability...but this pick is vital and personally I hope we dont risk it with this kid...there are others around who could easily develop into quality players.

Cockatoo is/was a class above too, but thats not much chop if you can't get on the ground.

David has a point that this pick must work .... although I heard Freeman say on radio recently that he had not had any string issues pre draft .. so it doesn't mean a player without issues is bullet proof. Looking at that vid..one can see why he was considered ahead of Walsh. I suspect he will not be there at 12.

David has a point that this pick must work .... although I heard Freeman say on radio recently that he had not had any string issues pre draft .. so it doesn't mean a player without issues is bullet proof. Looking at that vid..one can see why he was considered ahead of Walsh. I suspect he will not be there at 12.
I think that is very true, but if Wellsy can snag us a higher pick I reckon it is him we'd be after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Parfitt had hammy issues before being drafted. Then had the big injury in his first season, then missed a game or two after that with tightness and that was it.
Precisely, and no-one has written Parfitt off. He also has talent.
Cockatoo has talent and so does Caldwell
If we could have all three of them in the middle in 3 years time, we are primed for more success

Precisely, and no-one has written Parfitt off. He also has talent.
Cockatoo has talent and so does Caldwell
If we could have all three of them in the middle in 3 years time, we are primed for more success

I haven’t looked up Caldwell at all yet. Parfitt is one of our best young players & needs to be given more midfield time as soon as possible. If Cockatoo could stay fit it would be amazing & I think he’d make us a much better side, eventually playing more midfield with a bit of time up forward.

Champion Data's top 30 draft prospect rankings are out, always an interesting read. I note that they have Stocker at 26 and RCD at 30. Also, it's yet another article that links us with Hately.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/b9af3ddea93b91913ca9d29a4e1fc105

Would be interesting to know RCD’s ranking points in the last month or so of the season compared with the first half of the year? It sounded like he finished the year off far better than he started but his first half pushed his ranking down?

Would be interesting to know RCD’s ranking points in the last month or so of the season compared with the first half of the year? It sounded like he finished the year off far better than he started but his first half pushed his ranking down?

It's funny that there's that perception of RCD's season, I know that's what he said in his AFL.com.au interview but the stats don't back that up. He played 16 TAC games this year, in his first eight games he averaged 20.75 disposals, and in his last eight games that dropped to just 16.75 disposals per game.

RCD.png

These are pretty poor numbers, especially considering he only averaged 12 touches in the Champs. His 7min+ time trial in the 2km is a huge worry too. Might be the big slider come next Thursday/Friday.

It's funny that there's that perception of RCD's season, I know that's what he said in his AFL.com.au interview but the stats don't back that up. He played 16 TAC games this year, in his first eight games he averaged 20.75 disposals, and in his last eight games that dropped to just 16.75 disposals per game.

View attachment 584623

Mate can you get Hately's stats at U18 reserves seniors and Carnival and make comparo's.
Bet he's way in front of any.

Yep. As stated a few times, something's a bit fishy. To only sign, what the club has offered you many times with someone else.

There's something going on here

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whats fishy? We didn't offer him a contract extension so why wouldn't he go to the Swans for a year, was his only option or retire.

I don't know much about him, but do we have too many of the third-tall defender types?
Stewart, Kolo (can also play KPD), Henry, O'Connor, Okunbur... Even Zuthrie and Constable can play tall in those roles.

However, with picks in the 50s (which may be in the 40s on draft night), sometimes you have to go left of centre and take a punt.
Henry - third tall forward

Kolodjashnij - CHB

Stewart - BP/HBF

Guthrie - HBF

O'Connor - HBF

Okunbor - unknown

Constable - inside mid

With Henry most likely going forward and Taylor/Hendo ageing rapidly, Idun would be the smart money in that range IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back