Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been excited at all this draft, but this talk of Bailey Smith to us seems like a long chance IMO, but damn, I'll be over the moon if we land him.

He is by far the best imo out of RCD, Hately, Sturt, Jones, etc currently in consideration.

A lot of it depends on the pick 12 to me Ratcat.

If we take Smith/Jones/Hately/RCD at 12 and match/rookie Brownless, then Bytel at 50/51 while good value, seems redundant.

I want us to take some mixture of Stack/Bytel/Idun/Pickett/Gown or whoever falls from that 30 - 40 range.

Scenarios

13. Smith
43. Idun
44. Gown

13. B.King
43. Idun
44. Bytel

13. RCD
43. Idun
44. Gown

13. Sturt
43. Idun
44. Bytel

If Bailey Williams makes it past the early second round, I'd happily package them to move up.
A lot of it depends on the pick 12 to me Ratcat.

If we take Smith/Jones/Hately/RCD at 12 and match/rookie Brownless, then Bytel at 50/51 while good value, seems redundant.

I want us to take some mixture of Stack/Bytel/Idun/Pickett/Gown or whoever falls from that 30 - 40 range.

Scenarios

13. Smith
43. Idun
44. Gown

13. B.King
43. Idun
44. Bytel

13. RCD
43. Idun
44. Gown

13. Sturt
43. Idun
44. Bytel

If Bailey Williams makes it past the early second round, I'd happily package them to move up.

l don't think Bailey Williams will last as long as many imagine, a guy his size with his run and jump'won't be ignored for very long.
I had him at 12 but the quest for mids has seen him shuffled back a bit but not very far imo.
Saw an article today claiming Bytel could be the steal of the draft, so l'm not sure if he gets to our second pick now.
Idun will be there but l wonder if we might do better? He's got a bit of pace but may not have the height for a central defender.
Koszinski is another we could consider.

I'm wondering if Ely Smith could slide to our second pick? Would be a great get whatever our pick becomes.
Gown is a big talent imo but l think he’ll be gone or we'll just go with what we have in any case. Reminds me of Jack Darling Reiwoldt type very strong grab.

Might sound harsh but I honestly think he would go undrafted if his surname wasnt Brownless, screams a bloke you punt on on the rookie list to me.
Turn it up. 2nd in the Falcons B&F. Best finals players, represented Vic Country at the champs and captained his club.

Tell that to Toby Bairstow, Lachlan Hocking and Tom Couch.

l don't think Bailey Williams will last as long as many imagine, a guy his size with his run and jump'won't be ignored for very long.
I had him at 12 but the quest for mids has seen him shuffled back a bit but not very far imo.
Saw an article today claiming Bytel could be the steal of the draft, so l'm not sure if he gets to our second pick now.
Idun will be there but l wonder if we might do better? He's got a bit of pace but may not have the height for a central defender.
Koszinski is another we could consider.

I'm wondering if Ely Smith could slide to our second pick? Would be a great get whatever our pick becomes.
Gown is a big talent imo but l think he’ll be gone or we'll just go with what we have in any case. Reminds me of Jack Darling Reiwoldt type very strong grab.
I agree about Bailey Williams.

I also agree that Idun is a reach.

Nonetheless I would take him without second thought because of his physical profile and defensive nous.

I doubt Ely Smith lasts to the mid 40's.

Gown is a quality third tall/ key forward option, he plays like a powerhouse but is only 194cm and has belt grip hands.

I haven't been excited at all this draft, but this talk of Bailey Smith to us seems like a long chance IMO, but damn, I'll be over the moon if we land him.

He is by far the best imo out of RCD, Hately, Sturt, Jones, etc currently in consideration.
Fun fact: in 2019 there will be more Baileys playing AFL than Peters.

I think we're a good chance to bid on Tarryn Thomas as well.
Forgive me for asking few questions with potentially very obvious answers (as I don't know anything about any of the draftees beyond what you guys are writing)...

If we bid on Blakey or Thomas, and Sydney/North didn't match, would we be happy to have them? Are they good enough to be in the top 12? If they are, where would they fall in the pecking order? 3-5? 5-10?

What position do you see him making at? I don't see it at afl level
I see him playing in a variety of positions. He's skilfull enough to become an elusive running wingman and he could also play as a creative back flanker.

He's a smart footballer that could become a decent player down the track once he puts on the size. He's not afraid of physical contact and he has all the attributes to make the grade. Nous, vision, composure, poise, leadership qualities and endeavor.

I agree about Bailey Williams.

I also agree that Idun is a reach.

Nonetheless I would take him without second thought because of his physical profile and defensive nous.

I doubt Ely Smith lasts to the mid 40's.

Gown is a quality third tall/ key forward option, he plays like a powerhouse but is only 194cm and has belt grip hands.

I'm just hoping ely's unpopular like Worpel was.
Koschitski a 195cm is genuine central height. We'll have to replace House and or Gardner you would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koschitski a 195cm is genuine central height. We'll have to replace House and or Gardner you would think.
I like the idea of Kosi in place of Gown but not Idun.

Ely is a fair comp to Worpel and could slide similarly, he could also go 17 to Richmond IMO or to the GC at 24 IMO.

If we do take C. Jones, I agree, it would be underwhelming. If it was shaping up like that why would we not try to trade into a late first rounder and a second rounder. For example Eagles in Twomey's Phantom Draft get 2 players who both could be easily as good as Jones. If we do get Jones, then I don't get our whole hold-out strategy with Kelly. If we get Hately (dreaming on Smith dropping to us by the way) or Caldwell or RCD, then I'd think OK, but I see a big gap in risk of ending up with a high end long term player between them and Jones (who is yet another 180 cm mid accumulator). Dont think we are in such a strong position here.

Yes....read a bit about him...could be a smokey late in the draft.

Forgive me for asking few questions with potentially very obvious answers (as I don't know anything about any of the draftees beyond what you guys are writing)...

If we bid on Blakey or Thomas, and Sydney/North didn't match, would we be happy to have them? Are they good enough to be in the top 12? If they are, where would they fall in the pecking order? 3-5? 5-10?

Blakey is an absolute freak and will go top 8, we’d definitely be happy with him at 12. Thomas is good too, and might be best available at 12 depending on how things play out.

Would be very disappointed in Jones. The one player I really don’t want.

Sub 180cm
Pushed off the ball at U18 level
Poor decision making
No point of difference or hurt factor

Just a Lang type.

Screams complete bust to me.

Would look to trade 12 to freo for 14 + 31 if that’s how it played out do they could grab butters and we go someone like stocker at 14.

Jones would be a complete bust imo and we cannot stuff this draft up with only 1 good pick after so many years either trading out of the first round or stuffing up the first round

Would be very disappointed in Jones. The one player I really don’t want.

Sub 180cm
Pushed off the ball at U18 level
Poor decision making
No point of difference or hurt factor

Just a Lang type.

Screams complete bust to me.

Would look to trade 12 to freo for 14 + 31 if that’s how it played out do they could grab butters and we go someone like stocker at 14.

Jones would be a complete bust imo and we cannot stuff this draft up with only 1 good pick after so many years either trading out of the first round or stuffing up the first round

I'd leave the mids alone if Hately, RCD and the dream of Smith aren't able to be realised and go for Sturt - at least he has a chance of being elite.

Turn it up. 2nd in the Falcons B&F. Best finals players, represented Vic Country at the champs and captained his club.

Tell that to Toby Bairstow, Lachlan Hocking and Tom Couch.

selected in the u17 game best 40 odd kids etc... perhaps some cant see the wood for trees I feel he worth the pick... and we as a club have benefited from FS... and they all are not guns as kids. Is Bews worth a spot?

selected in the u17 game best 40 odd kids etc... perhaps some cant see the wood for trees I feel he worth the pick... and we as a club have benefited from FS... and they all are not guns as kids. Is Bews worth a spot?
I'd pick Brownless with pick 25 if I needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back