Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With what? A pack of salt and vinegar chips? They have absolutely no currency, and will have even less when Wingard comes. Scully is worth a top 10 pick in my opinion, he is a gun.
I agree, will be hard for them to get the deal done without giving up quality, hence floating Burton in the Wingard trade. A future first (10-15) and pick swaps should be enough for Scully given he’s 27.

you will see in time, they have dynamic players wanting to go to them

You didn't answer the other question though, how are they doing it with no currency? What is a dynamic player and how do you can you tell who is and who isnt, from memory Wingard was absolute shit this year, hardly dynamic so does that rule him out?

Im getting really fed up with reading supposed fans of this great club continually bagging out any new recruits we get, its ****ing pathetic, these guys are going to put 100% in for us on the field and all I hear is "oh he is shit" "he is a potato" "we suck at trading, not like the hawks". How about giving them a chance before you lose your shit and bag the club for the decisions they make. I for one am very please with the trading we have done so far, we have 3 new players and decent players at that for hardly any loss, also the stance the club is taking with Kelly is great and I applaud them for it. You guys need to grow up, if you dont like the new players then dont support the club, simple as that.

Hawks have gone crazy Vossy IMO.

Their current list is nowhere near winning a flag (evidenced in the finals) and almost half of their 2019 best 22 will be 30+ including Burgoyne, Roughead, Frawley, Smith and Stratton.

They don't have any quality talls to replace Frawley/Roughead at either end and still give games to Schoenmakers and O'Brien.

Selling the farm and their best youngster in Burton for an A-grade talent who has been on a downwards slope for three seasons (Wingard) and a guy who will be 28 next season and coming off a very serious injury (Scully) seems insane to me unless they think they can pinch a flag next season before their veterans retire.

HAWKS showing us how to do business, who would you prefer wingard & Scully or Rowan and Dalhaus

Both clubs should be going for youth only.

The difference being they might lose a prelim and we will miss out on finals.

Neither will be contenders over the next 5 years at least.

With what? A pack of salt and vinegar chips? They have absolutely no currency, and will have even less when Wingard comes. Scully is worth a top 10 pick in my opinion, he is a gun.

Dal santo said on SEN this morning Scully is only worth a 2nd rounder, he has no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we not going after Scully.

Would be perfect for us.

I hope we aren't just sitting on our hands waiting for WC to call with a top 10 pick. We need to be more agile.
I agree. I would have been happy to accept 20 & 22 for Kelly and then ontrade 20 for Scully. These new rules make Scully great with his running capacity

Can't Cookie ring Nisbitt and thrash it out regarding Kelly

20/22 + Karpany out of contract small forward indigenous left footer

ontrade 20 - Scully

use 12 + 22 , 50 - Brownless

I'd relax on the Cats not doing much this trade period. This year was never going to be the year we could make big plays. Apart from being hamstrung by having to keep our 1st round draft picks (which is a good thing), we have a full salary cap, but one that has a few big contracts that will be wrapping up next year.

I've got no doubt Wells has something big planned next year, once Harry & Gary's big contracts are off the books, plus some preemptive strikes moving on McCarthy, GHS, Murder, Thurlow and possibly Menz, plus throw in some extra cap space from Kelly and possibly some extra draft picks and we will be locked and loaded to go for a big fish next year.

So far we've got two more then handy players for nothing, plus jumped the queue on a young gun with some Wells mastery.

Good times.

Go Cats

I'd relax on the Cats not doing much this trade period. This year was never going to be the year we could make big plays. Apart from being hamstrung by having to keep our 1st round draft picks (which is a good thing), we have a full salary cap, but one that has a few big contracts that will be wrapping up next year.

I've got no doubt Wells has something big planned next year, once Harry & Gary's big contracts are off the books, plus some preemptive strikes moving on McCarthy, GHS, Murder, Thurlow and possibly Menz, plus throw in some extra cap space from Kelly and possibly some extra draft picks and we will be locked and loaded to go for a big fish next year.

So far we've got two more then handy players for nothing, plus jumped the queue on a young gun with some Wells mastery.

Good times.

Go Cats
I agree but didn't we extend Harry for the extra year next year. I thought it finished this year originally and then you hear we advised him that he will struggle to get in next year but he has decided to play on and fight for a spot. Weird decision

Good times.

Go Cats

with all respect can't afford to wait for next year have to be creative, next year all the free agents will have Norf,Blues,Saints again with plenty of cash

with all respect can't afford to wait for next year have to be creative, next year all the free agents will have Norf,Blues,Saints again with plenty of cash

It’s been proven in the past all these big name FA don’t want to go to clubs sitting around the bottom 8 on the ladder.
They want to go to successful clubs with a good chance of playing finals, hence why Hawks, Essendon, Pies, Geelong have all had good success over the years at getting players

It’s been proven in the past all these big name FA don’t want to go to clubs sitting around the bottom 8 on the ladder.
They want to go to successful clubs with a good chance of playing finals, hence why Hawks, Essendon, Pies, Geelong have all had good success over the years at getting players

we could be bottom 8 next year

From the Herald Sun
The free agency deadline is 5pm today.

Jordan Roughead is one of several players who are in limbo after a possible move to West Coast was scuttled by a move on Scott Lycett.

Daniel Menzel, Ryan Schoenmakers, Brendan Whitecross and Taylor Duryea are others who still don't have a contract for next year.
Anyone reckon Menzel will get picked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back