Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much as I see it although I think if he was there ..Kemp would tempt is ..the size the potential leadership..and maybe he slips thru because of his knee
The temptation Kemp and Stephens Injury V discount because of injury

It’s not really a discount though, is it. It’s more of a risk premium. Kemp could be the best player in the draft outside of Rowell and Anderson, so is worth the punt. I don’t know much about Stephens.

Smith and Buzza to GC for their pick 78 or 90. Both out of contract. Will be lucky to even get pick 78 for them both.

Menegola and one of our picks to Freo if we're trying to get Sean Darcy.

Trade Parsons this year for a third or fourth round pick while he's got the currency of a one year deal.

Kelly was our only player born in 1994. 26 next year. Prime age for AFL players. Wouldn't mind going after a B. Crouch or O. Wines in the next 4 days.

Yep, hence why Kelly was so important not just on the field, but in our list profile. You’ll notice Kolo is of similar importance - only player in his age bracket to verge on 100 games.

It does make sense because of the FA situation though. But itd only happen if someone else offers us a very good pick or player for him otherwise he will stay.
Menegola for Steven and we don't have to give up any picks.

I'd at least float that to St.Kilda but if they just want picks then so be it.

Honestly reckon he’s more likely to be extended beyond 2020 than engage FA.

I think itd be more us asking him if he wants to extend now and if he doesnt suggesting he have a look around now rather than wait til FA. I still think he will stay. Itd need to net us a fairly high pick or player (say Darcy) for us to move him i think.

Menegola for Steven and we don't have to give up any picks.

I'd at least float that to St.Kilda but if they just want picks then so be it.

Menegola is worth way more than Steven. Unless they are chucking a pick in im not interested.

I do really like Taheny, but he can have very quiet games. He’s another like Gary Rohan, doesn’t get a lot of it so he needs to make them count.

Don't want any player that's laconic or switches off regularly, can't afford to waste these picks on anything but hard chargers.
Don't like Taheny due to his fade outs.

I think our midfield need more of what Steven can add then what Menegola can add so personally I don't believe he is worth more to us.

Theres an element of that but Steven will probably retire if there is no trade. We could get better value trading Menegola elsewhere.

Still haven’t seen anything from anyone reputable on Menegola. No journo or news outlet running with it. Not to mention it makes no sense for Geelong given we have no need for picks or cap space at this time. We couldn’t get value for Menegola either.

We will see... if have no inner knowledge on it but I mentioned that he was a potential a while ago ..as its just like Varcoe situation. It get backs to how much the see him as value in 2020 .how much they plan to give selection to younger players. If they plan to go after FA's next year and he gos as a FA we lose him for zero ..

It’s not really a discount though, is it. It’s more of a risk premium. Kemp could be the best player in the draft outside of Rowell and Anderson, so is worth the punt. I don’t know much about Stephens.

risk premium / risk discount ... we have done it at times and failed .. we are not going to get Selwood everytime ..thats why its a risk.. I think clubs are less scarred about knees these days ... and if some how he slide into the teens ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see... if have no inner knowledge on it but I mentioned that he was a potential a while ago ..as its just like Varcoe situation. It get backs to how much the see him as value in 2020 .how much they plan to give selection to younger players. If they plan to go after FA's next year and he gos as a FA we lose him for zero ..
As I said to PO, I see him getting extended beyond 2020 during the season.

Even if you get 2 out of 4 that flourish still a win. From 5-25 it's pretty much an even draft so take what we've got and hit the draft seeing next year is heavily compromised. We can load up next year on either FA or trade for 2021
agreed - if we take 14, 17, 24 and say 25 (if we traded 36 and 37 to move up) then thats ( for the the sake of this point) 4 picks in the top 25.

Now Wells has had issues with his First pick over all so lets say he torches 14. That still leaves 17, 24 and 25 to hit.

Point is, Wells IMO with 4 inside 25 is gonna hit and probably hit well.

If we dont move up..we'll do fine with his 4 shots in 25.

And then that follows with 2 x Top 20 picks next year. Im very happy with that draft colateral.

GO CAtters

I think Jarvis and Kennerley might surprise a few next year.
Id add Tarca to that too.. he flashed higher IMO than those other two this year in the VFL I saw - not saying he's better.. just flashed higher thus far. Think Linc McCarthy without the injuries.

GO Catters

Maybe Wells can get in on the Essendon/Sydney debacle
Sydney get pick 9 from Carlton for Papley, pick 14 and 24 and future first (WC)from Geelong
Essendon get Pick 9, 14 and a future 2nd from Sydney for Daniher
Geelong get pick 6 and Sam Reid
This gives us a serious KPF who is mobile with great hands and stops a Jenkins to Geelong possibility
Gives us pick 6, 17, 36, Reid and Steven
Potentially, Flanders, Kemp and Riccardi
This ended abrutply at Reid.

No no no.

GO Catters

Don't want any player that's laconic or switches off regularly, can't afford to waste these picks on anything but hard chargers.
Don't like Taheny due to his fade outs.

I'm pretty sure that was the knock on StevieJ prior to the draft... even GAJ was very lazy and laconic which was highlighted by his peers after his first 4 years.
U can't judge a 17yo like you would a 23 yo...
Taheny has X factor about him.
Which some some love, some don't. For me doesn't bother me either way what their nature is as long as they become good players.
FWIW Our best ever player The Great Gary Ablett would never had played a game for us... lazy with a CAPITAL "L".
Cheers Rat.

Simpson has been unlucky hasn’t he? Particularly this year. I like the look of him but does he get enough of the footy?
Yes... at VFL level... but his time with ball in hand is really slick... think Chook like but Simpson is a better mover. IMO Simpson at AFL level will be like Miers.. and by that I mean Simpson does things putting players into space at VFL level that are too fast for the game... and they dont always come off as a result. A higher grade receiving player would make it work.

I"d like to See Simmo get 10-12 games at the higher level - he needs a big preseason too - and let his ability come thru.

Big call I know.. but id still like to see it.

Go Catters

risk premium / risk discount ... we have done it at times and failed .. we are not going to get Selwood everytime ..thats why its a risk.. I think clubs are less scarred about knees these days ... and if some how he slide into the teens ...

Agree re knees. Stephens has the broken leg, so you think it’s much the same in terms of how clubs would view their longer term prospects?

I'm pretty sure that was the knock on StevieJ prior to the draft... even GAJ was very lazy and laconic which was highlighted by his peers after his first 4 years.
U can't judge a 17yo like you would a 23 yo...
Taheny has X factor about him.
Which some some love, some don't. For me doesn't bother me either way what their nature is as long as they become good players.
FWIW Our best ever player The Great Gary Ablett would never had played a game for us... lazy with a CAPITAL "L".
Cheers Rat.

Laconic is one thing fading in games is something else. At U18 level not much chop.
SJ was totally focused and intense in game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back