Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still slight yes.. Ive seen him run all day but this tank needs to buiild - but no more so than any other player adjusting to the AFL speed and endurance game.

Power - needs to get bigger but his tackles stick it the VFL - often against bigger blokes. Has a good stiff arm too ive sen him use.

And skills and vision is really good.

He gets caught sometimes looking for the best option rather than the first - think Smedts - but that comes with time and backing your instincts too.

All that goes back to me asking for the solid block of AFL games. He's in that time to do it now IMO. And it will wither make or break him but either way 'we'd know. Id back him in.

GO Catters

better options at a better level

Mine:

1. Flanders or D.Stephens (if Flanders gone)
2. C.Stephens/Sharp/Taheny/McAsey - any two or three if we can
3. Riccardi

Doubt we will be in a position to take Kemp if we take Flanders so have left him off.

Yours is fair we see it differently but fair.. it still gets down to ..who is there at our pick.. wells inferred 2 mids (min id say)

Let him retire and trade pre season if we cant get the deal we want

If he retires he has tosit the year out they closed that loophole. Still im not trading menegola for him.

Wells basically said they had a good crack at Goldstein and missed out, there’s no other A grade ruckman available so we’ll stick with what we’ve got. I like that. People here want Preuss, Darcy, etc. but they’re no better than what we’ve already got.

Thats not exactly what he said he said the others we either dont rate or do and they arent gettable. We probably do rate Darcy but dont think hes gettable.

The good ones will always get a game...

Dylan Stephens without a second thought on the others.

My only question with stephens is once you bulk him up (which you would need to) does he lose his pace and endurance? Which is why i want flanders. But stephens has so many afl attributes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you take flanders stephens serong or kemp? (If we have a top 5 pick).
My answer to that question would be Kemp may fall back to our later pick so not Kemp at top 5
Stephens to me is like having another Clark (who I love) but do we want another of that type
Flanders is more of a bull, so probably him
Serong I don't know much of
I'm starting to think they may go Jackson though

Limited exposure to all of the prospects
But from what l have seen
Not sure Flanders has the composure in traffic ( bombs it long with out looking too much )
Love the look of Kemp and stephens
And serong looks like your ever reliable but not flashy contributor (crouch, Prestia type but maybe not as good)

Theres an element of that but Steven will probably retire if there is no trade. We could get better value trading Menegola elsewhere.
Yeah fair point, I guess if I had the choice between Menegola and picks 36/37 I'd prefer to keep the picks.

If you keep topping up are the kids going to get a game?
Would you say we topped up last year with Dahlhaus and Rohan or played the kids with Clark & Miers playing every game available along with Constable and Narkle getting decent chunks of footy despite both having endurance issues? I'm not sure what you would call that strategy, but that is the one I'd go for

I'm struggling to find much at all in this draft outside of those that will go top 10 that we could seriously suggest would play next year or even the year after other than maybe one or two defenders(not a priority).
A lot of gym work and some quality steaks required to get most of these boys up in weight.
My guide is the last two numbers in the height should be around the weight ie 189cm= 89kgs, 197cm=97kg and so on,a lot of the Aboriginal boys perform earlier lighter and fall outside the guide line,but in the main it's a good place to start.

For the talk of Wells being a harder player at the trade table. Is it possible that it was Balme who had the previous attitude?
Because the Tigers seem to have that attitude now. And I know Wells is ‘list boss’ but I just think with Balme gone Wells and team seem to have a different attitude.
Influence of Troy Selwood?
Is this one of Cook’s tweaks he spoke about?

can anyone give me a reason why anyone would hand us a top 5 pick?
I think you're all dreaming.
I think it is possible Carlton would take our 14 and 24 for pick 9
Then they could get Papley and Martin
They could then trade 5 and 14 for Daniher, which is a lot better than trading 5 and 9
What the hell Sydney are gonna do with Buddy, Daniher, Blakey, Reid and McCartin sparks my interest though
Top 5, that is a different ball game
Gold Coast will get Rowell and Anderson with one and two
Melbourne at 3 is interesting, not sure what they will do with it. What do they need. They just picked up two wingers. I think they need a key forward the most and the best prospect there would be a trade. Maybe they will trade it out to get one
Adelaide at 4 like to keep their Adelaide products, I reckon Dylan Stephens goes there
Sydney at 5 well that probably becomes Essendons. I think Luke Jackson goes there. Desperate for a ruckman too

Biggest chance in the top 5 is number 3

Still, after the top 5 go, I think Kemp, Flanders, Serong, Cooper Stephens, Tom Green, Lachlan Ash, Gould, Day Robertson etc will still be there
If we picked up 9, we would definitely get a future gun in my view

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back