Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at this point. So far:

Out: Betts, Douglas, Greenwood, Jacobs, Otten.
In: Frampton.

No guarantees Jenkins or Keath get done. Currently only down four spots on the primary list. C.E-Y was rookie listed so doesnt count. They could also upgrade Murphy and/or Wilson.
Keath and Jenkins will get done
Also looking at a home for Riley Knight

At that stage wasnt everyone on here happy to see the back of Gary and we were salivating at the prospect of Wells getting his midas touch hands on those 2 high draft picks?
I must have missed that.

Who do we rate more, Jenkins or Henderson?

Initially I was all for getting Jenkins if it cost nothing (and still probably am)

But that means one less list spot which means hendo gets delisted. Without Jenkins he might get another contract. This is another thing to consider

Hendo for me.

Can’t believe the hate for Hendo. Bloke didn’t run btw Oct and May. Still 29. How is one injury “being cooked”. He was solid to good in his actual position the last few games of the H&A season off no base. If I was a rival club I’d be all over him.

Melb or Coll. Esp as he looks free. I’ll be really disappointed if he isn’t on our list in 2020 and guys like ZGuthrie and Simpson are.

My fear is we let him go and one of our key backs goes down. Then we're up a certain creek without a paddle. I'm hoping like hell they find a spot for him, because at worst he is great depth in the event of a long term injury. We could really regret letting him go.

So danger is part of our list management team now
Yep - was part of the agreement when he joined us that it was written into his contract that all list management & match selection decisions need to be run past him for approval

What the ...?????

Danger has been posturing to get Jenkins in ...?
Yeah, and I like what he said. We focus too much on what players can’t do and not what they can do. Jenkins is a 40+ goals/season forward/second ruckman. Imagine if we’d had someone like him against Richmond in the PF

Yeah, and I like what he said. We focus too much on what players can’t do and not what they can do. Jenkins is a 40+ goals/season forward/second ruckman. Imagine if we’d had someone like him against Richmond in the PF

He's shaping as a really good value pickup. Too many people underrating what he brings to the table as you say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said we were not his choice ..maybe thats changes... Really Carltons.. its a funny destination imo...
Newman Jones Simpson
Docherty Weitering Marchbank
Murphy Petreski Seton Fisher
Martin Curnow Papley
Betts Mackay McGovern
Kreuzer Cripps Walsh
Plowman Setterfield Silvagni Casboult

The destination has improved

My fear is we let him go and one of our key backs goes down. Then we're up a certain creek without a paddle. I'm hoping like hell they find a spot for him, because at worst he is great depth in the event of a long term injury. We could really regret letting him go.
If Taylor retired and we were left with Blicavs, Kolo & Henderson as our tall defenders, would there be the same concerns?

I'm wondering if the club believes that Henderson may not have much more then 1 or 2 years left due to wear & tear - he's only played the 13 games the last 2 seasons. And if that's the case, they may believe Taylor will offer more next year

Aiden Boner or Sam Simpson. That would be a tough choice running through the midfield.

Glad we stiched up Sammy before all the clubs flocked in like seagulls

Hang on we are playing 2 backs Blits and Clark on the wings and another back Touhy forward,there's 3 paddles.

So danger is part of our list management team now
Probably no different to Joel pitching for Scott to be recruited to the Cats. No point having a leadership team if you’re not going to listen to what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back