Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were a destination club because of finals and a flag tilt. The worm has turned now.

We are a destination club for culture and the surf coast lifestyle factor (see isaac smith) those factors stay the same even if we dont play finals.

I'd love it if we could just swap Krueger for Lynch

If we cant do a pick swap deal for 22 then id like this if lynch wants to come. Could be win-win for both clubs.

De Koning isnt a defender though, isnt be a ruck?

I'm assuming Young goes there as a ruck considering he spent much of the year as one at the Dogs. But as others have said he's more suited to a KPD role, so it doesn't really affect De Koning.

I'd still love us to ask at least!

Can someone explain the attraction of Carlton? Anyone? Is it the guaranteed September free? Or is it the excessive salaries?
I was wondering the exact same thing. Every second player wants to be traded to Carlton or is being linked to Carlton. There’s only 22 spots each week. The maths doesn’t add up.

I recall every 2nd player was being “linked” to the Cats last year, but it seemed to be idle chatter in most cases

Are you telling me that if club 'X' came along and offered a pick in the 15-20 range we wouldn't take it? Menegola is dispensable and he won't be playing in our next premiership. It's either a list refresh or we all need to gear up for some long hard winters ahead in a few years time because we wouldn't make hard decisions now.

There's actually 3-4 blokes in our best 22 who I would offer up to clubs this year - while they still have some trade value. It's a business, and sometimes tough decisions need to be made - and with a clear focus for what things look like in 3-4 years time. Some of these players have been loyal servants, but loyalty cuts both ways. They've been well paid - and they've had a shot at success. But in 3-4 years time (if we don't get it right now) I don't think we'll be sitting around having warm and fuzzy emotional reflections on the likes of Menegola and a few others - certainly not if we're at the bottom of the heap. Don't for one minute think that players commitment levels don't ebb ..... and they take the money and play out time on a lucrative contract.

There's a few on out list who strike me as being too comfortable
Ah yes, that old chestnut. Player X is shit and therefore expendable but I expect other clubs will pay through the nose for him.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Every second player wants to be traded to Carlton or is being linked to Carlton. There’s only 22 spots each week. The maths doesn’t add up.

I recall every 2nd player was being “linked” to the Cats last year, but it seemed to be idle chatter in most cases

Live and train in the city pretty well?

Carlton have been on the road to something for a while, maybe people think with Voss and Cook there maybe its finally time

Not phased. All true. I've come across some pretty obnoxious Geelong supporters here. Bookmark my post. There is no way you get anything more than pick 25 or Pick 27 and Tucker with a later pick coming back.

We will see.

It’s been reported we won’t trade him unless we get something better than 27, which will be into the 30s come draft night where it’s estimated only 55-60 players will be taken. It just makes no sense for us to do that and trade one if our best young contracted prospects for a prospective pick in the second half of the draft.

The best option for us is to instead hold him to contract and give the kid games in his position at hbf. which is what I suspect we will do now, given the higher focus on our age demographic and no more Scarlett.

He is highly talented and I’d say odds are he excells with a block of games and becomes entrenched in the 22.

Tell me sir, if you were Geelong, would you trade that for a pick in the 30s on draft night?

Keep your tucker and your lunacy trade options to yourself.

Last edited:
We are a destination club for culture and the surf coast lifestyle factor (see isaac smith) those factors stay the same even if we dont play finals.
Culture is thinning out with 3 assistants leaving. Cook leaving. Scott probably will leave too within next year. It’s not as stable as it has been. And decent FA’s want to play finals.

Not phased. All true. I've come across some pretty obnoxious Geelong supporters here. Bookmark my post. There is no way you get anything more than pick 25 or Pick 27 and Tucker with a later pick coming back.
try to remember what board you are on with your arogrant posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way to Tucker... Pick 27 wont be 27 it will be in the 30's...
At this rate pick 27 could stay at 27.
We will see.

It’s been reported we won’t trade him unless we get something better than 27, which will be into the 30s come draft night where it’s estimated only 55-60 players will be taken. It just makes no sense for us to do that and trade one if our best young contracted prospects for a prospective pick in the second half of the draft.

The best option for us is to instead hold him to contract and give the kid games in his position at hbf. which is what I suspect we will do now, given the higher focus on our age demographic and mons Scarlett.

He is highly talented and I’d say odds are he excells with a block of games and becomes entrenched in the 22.

Tell me sir, if you were Geelong, would you trade that for a pick in the 30s on draft night?

Keep your tucker and your lunacy trade options to yourself.
Yeah ok, lunacy.
I pretty much got told the same thing by West Coast supporters in regard to my Kelly suggestion that ended up being slightly less than what West Coast traded. The pick 27 actually won't slip past 29. In all likelihood the Bulldogs keep one pick before 27 as part of the Darcy trade as they don't have a lot of list spots vacant.

Tucker is way better than you give him credit for. Not really phased if you disagree or not. Im pretty much never wrong on this stuff. We will wait and see. Bookmark my post and tell me if it turns out the pick is before 25.

Yeah ok, lunacy.
I pretty much got told the same thing by West Coast supporters in regard to my Kelly suggestion that ended up being slightly less than what West Coast traded. The pick 27 actually won't slip past 29. In all likelihood the Bulldogs keep one pick before 27 as part of the Darcy trade as they don't have a lot of list spots vacant.

Tucker is way better than you give him credit for. Not really phased if you disagree or not. Im pretty much never wrong on this stuff. We will wait and see. Bookmark my post and tell me if it turns out the pick is before 25.

Yawns

we told you we wouldn’t accept pick 27 but no you know more than us about our own list and players

Yes we are not a destination club anymore. Players think we’ll slide.

Yawns

we told you we wouldn’t accept pick 27 but no you know more than us about our own list and players
I actually said you wouldn't accept 27. I suggested 27 and Tucker and said that 25 would get the deal done. Plus it's the first day of trading. Every team rejects the first offer every time.

Live and train in the city pretty well?

Carlton have been on the road to something for a while, maybe people think with Voss and Cook there maybe its finally time
Yeah, and Melbourne has shown it's possible

Ralphy saying that Lewis Young to Carl probably shuts the door on them chasing Brander. Says Geelong could look at him as a DFA

I actually said you wouldn't accept 27. I suggested 27 and Tucker and said that 25 would get the deal done. Plus it's the first day of trading. Every team rejects the first offer every time.
Reports are coming out that Tucker is potentially about to re-sign.

So you might need to readjust your own expectations.

I was wrong once predicting trades in advance. So you could get lucky.

Once? Lol you're already wrong about this one, going on the article posted earlier referring to Geelong rejecting Pick 27 and Freo waiting for the Cerra deal to get done, and then seeing what they have to satisfy us. If 27 won't get it done 25 won't either.

I know it's hard for you to comprehend, but he's a contracted player who we want to keep - who hasn't even made his trade request official yet - despite nearly everyone else doing so.

The arrogance to think you know both what Freo will give up, and what Geelong will end up with, is quite breathtaking to behold if I'm being honest.

We've set our price, it's up to you to honour it, or at least find a compromise. If you took your partisan goggles off for 5 seconds, you might realize that not every trade you make gets to favour your team or vice versa. I would've thought the outrageous Pick 2 you received from the Weller trade, would demonstrate that.

I think it’s more due to our cap at this stage, let’s see what happens post retirements in 2022

This is something I wish would come up in the media.
If Sel, Hawkins, Higgins, Smith not to mention Dal, all retire in the next 2 years then that’s a lot of cash per season off our books.

Massive money

Yeah ok, lunacy.

'I'm pretty much never wrong about this stuff'....jeez that's a special kind of self adulation.

I don't usually do this, but I will bookmark this, and laugh my f*cking ass off when you're wrong.

If you think it'll be Pick 25 alone, and not Pick 25 and 27 for 32 or 34 and Clark (or equivalent), like a lot from both sides/neutrals have suggested - then you're the obnoxious one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back