Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Bowes might've just changed Jhye Clarke's life.

Any young man who takes less $$$ on offer from other clubs to play for Geelong is OK in my books, especially so when you've already been screwed over by doing the team thing at your previous club. Give him first dibs on a jumper number as a sweetener.
extremely Joel Selwood voice

“You don’t come to Geelong to play for money.”

Any young man who takes less $$$ on offer from other clubs to play for Geelong is OK in my books, especially so when you've already been screwed over by doing the team thing at your previous club. Give him first dibs on a jumper number as a sweetener.

Give him Number 14 to really show our appreciation 😉🤪

Jake Niall does most of his work out of the local sheltered workshop. Matthew Lloyd just dirty on every other club because his own club is the basket case of the competition.

Not sure why people place so much credibility on what guys like these two say.
Jake Niall is a good journalist and Matthew Lloyd understands the game better than most. Geelong has in a way gamed the system or at least found a way to exploit it. Others will copy Geelong if they can. Geelong is sitting pretty due to it's constant appearance in finals resulting in it being a destination club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Niall is a good journalist and Matthew Lloyd understands the game better than most. Geelong has in a way gamed the system or at least found a way to exploit it. Others will copy Geelong if they can. Geelong is sitting pretty due to it's constant appearance in finals resulting in it being a destination club.
Has Geelong done anything to exploit the system though? Or is the reason we can do this literally because players are choosing to play for us under market rate? If we were actually exploiting anything we would've got Hopper but we stick to our plan of not overpaying.

Knocked back significant amount of money by choosing Geelong. I rate this guy and think he overtakes a lot of our players
“You don’t come to the Geelong footy club to go to work for money. You come for the experience"

Yeah all good, I'm not meaning to be a pessimistic supporter, I just don't think Stephens can play/I'm 70% sure he can't play.

I'm not having a go at you, I just have a lot of doubts about him. I know it's still earlyish and he could still prove me wrong. The doors not closed yet but I haven't seen enough from him to have any confidence he will make it so I'm no longer counting that he will.

Knevitt has more time but again, serious doubts, he at least knows how to find some easy ball compared to Stephens.

Conway has shown a bit and I'm a bit more bullish about him (I wasn't excited to draft him). Dempsey has some talent, I'm hopeful he might amount to something.
I think we need to continue to rotate these guys into the 22 to see what they can do. I think they will surprise us.

Has Geelong done anything to exploit the system though? Or is the reason we can do this literally because players are choosing to play for us under market rate? If we were actually exploiting anything we would've got Hopper but we stick to our plan of not overpaying.

Would want to hope the books are squeaky clean as will trigger a close look when everyone starts whinging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back