Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

2022 Smith went at 3.7 clearances not 6 from his 29.1 touches per game.

You won’t find many mids with less clearances per possession than that.

Freo’s Brayshaw was surprising similar in 2022 but trending up with clearances this year.

I’m not complaining… but he isn’t a first possession mid. He is the guy that gets the pill fed to him as he creates space with his non stop gut running (which is fine).

Bruhn is a first possession mid… hopefully Clark can be super strong in tight soon and those guys can feed it out to runners like Smith/Holmes for many years.
He hasn't been playing as a first possession mid. That doesn't mean he isn't.

People on here make me laugh. I broke the news that I heard from a very good source that Smith is now confirmed coming to us. The media since has followed suit. People were sceptical. Didn’t get any credit for a good source as most are sceptics and cynics (fairly with so much BS here).

But the funny part for mine is people talking crap on Smith. The kid did coke for the first time on camera. He actually seems like a nerd who happens to be really good looking. He’s a hard worker and an absolute gun. Best available player and people are hypothesising LDU… he’s not available. Why are you comparing Smith to players who aren’t available? I would prefer prime Chris Judd over Smith. Also unavailable.

Everybody in the camp of wanting Smith just stop arguing with these other nuffies. It fuels the fire of stupidity. Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All true, the floginess is just the impression some people get though. It's not their fault, but I doubt it's reality.

I've known about him for a while. A mate of mine who coached him at Xavier echoes your thoughts.

Admittedly, he was 16-18 at the time, but he was very, very introverted. Wasn't a participant in the typical 'blokey' lockeroom culture at all.

Counted his calories like a mad man, made an effort in his studies, and trained in a way that would make David Goggins proud.

Attention and fame can cause a change in personality, there's no doubt about that...but I'd hazard a guess he's still that same dedicated kid, who as you say, is more of a nerd than the FIGJAM flog he's made out to be.

There's a healthy ego there, but I don't think he's a bad guy at all, and it's the type of trait that could be nourished in the right environment.

We get it. You don’t like Smith.
To be fair there are questions over Smith, however considering how well players recover from ACLs these days my concern with Smith is his headspace.

But I also back our club to get him into a quality lifestyle.

People on here make me laugh. I broke the news that I heard from a very good source that Smith is now confirmed coming to us. The media since has followed suit. People were sceptical. Didn’t get any credit for a good source as most are sceptics and cynics (fairly with so much BS here).

But the funny part for mine is people talking crap on Smith. The kid did coke for the first time on camera. He actually seems like a nerd who happens to be really good looking. He’s a hard worker and an absolute gun. Best available player and people are hypothesising LDU… he’s not available. Why are you comparing Smith to players who aren’t available? I would prefer prime Chris Judd over Smith. Also unavailable.

Everybody in the camp of wanting Smith just stop arguing with these other nuffies. It fuels the fire of stupidity. Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

This is stolen Valor. I broke it in Feb

Any potential of jack McRae?? Interesting stat that in 2021 he broke the all time possession statistic in a single season with 880 possessions for the year. He is still only 30 at seasons end. Wouldn’t mind him on the cheap for two years of midfield time to help transition

To be fair there are questions over Smith, however considering how well players recover from ACLs these days my concern with Smith is his headspace.

But I also back our club to get him into a quality lifestyle.
That's certainly fair and it's hard to get a solid read without knowing the man, but I think a decent gauge on where his self discipline and determination is to look at his instagram.

Yes it's curated but you can't really curate videos like photos. He genuinely doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

Whatever your questions on him his dedication to being the ceo of his own career as Selwood puts it is second to none

Any potential of jack McRae?? Interesting stat that in 2021 he broke the all time possession statistic in a single season with 880 possessions for the year. He is still only 30 at seasons end. Wouldn’t mind him on the cheap for two years of midfield time to help transition
If they packaged his contract up with baz and we got to keep our picks I'd consider it.

That's going to be the main issue

Macrae still has 3 years to run on a signficant contract - reports suggest in the vicinity of $700k -> $750k for each of his remaining seasons

With him turning 30 next week, not sure trying to renegotiate the contract & balance his contract out over an extra year is really an option either

There's been bit of a discussion around Jack in this thread, from about page 6 - including insights from a Bulldogs fan

Got to keep our picks for both baz n McRae???
Baz net positive, mcraes contract net negative. Balance restored by buying an asset and liability at the same time.

I just don't think macrae is the type we need mostly

Edit: and it's also not realistic for those playing at home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's going to be the main issue

Macrae still has 3 years to run on a signficant contract - reports suggest in the vicinity of $700k -> $750k for each of his remaining seasons

With him turning 30 next week, not sure trying to renegotiate the contract & balance his contract out over an extra year is really an option either

There's been bit of a discussion around Jack in this thread, from about page 6 - including insights from a Bulldogs fan
Three seasons including this year or starting next season??

Three seasons including this year or starting next season??

This is only year 2 of the 5-year deal he signed back in 2022

He's still on big money through 25, 26 & 27

I wouldn't mind him and I would personally, but on the other side I can see why people would say no

Firstly - belated congrats on your breaking of the news. It must be devastating not to get the credit you deserve when anonymously breaking news on an internet forum. I don’t know how you stayed silent for so long, it must have taken real courage.

Secondly - I could care less about smith doing coke one time. Does it concern me a little that he was stupid enough to let it be recorded and end up on social media? A little. But my major concerns are his knee injury AND the fact that he has not shown to be a quality player since 2022.

Thirdly - just because someone is available doesn’t mean you need to pick them up. That is how you end up with Dan Hannebery on your list on an albatross contract.

Welcome to the internet, people will only remember when you are wrong.

I wouldn't mind him and I would personally, but on the other side I can see why people would say no
Good ball accumulator, Dogs don't need him because they have Bont/Treloar getting 30s and have Sanders to come in. Would take him if we gave up little for him, we lack a midfield bull unless Bruhn develops into that, and we miss an accumulator.

Firstly - belated congrats on your breaking of the news. It must be devastating not to get the credit you deserve when anonymously breaking news on an internet forum. I don’t know how you stayed silent for so long, it must have taken real courage.

Secondly - I could care less about smith doing coke one time. Does it concern me a little that he was stupid enough to let it be recorded and end up on social media? A little. But my major concerns are his knee injury AND the fact that he has not shown to be a quality player since 2022.

Thirdly - just because someone is available doesn’t mean you need to pick them up. That is how you end up with Dan Hannebery on your list on an albatross contract.

Firstly… Looooool. You don’t get it. What I’m saying is it’s funny in this forum how easy it is for everybody to shit on everybody. Not the first time I’ve had a good source and you start to think, “why the f do I bother?” Just so people can shit on you? Like you are now. Oh, you got one right but who cares. Ok, so what’s the point?

Secondly, what do you bring to the table? Besides misguided and boring criticism? Going over this like a broken record. Bevo played him out of position and he was already disgruntled. Contributed to his average year. And drafting a guy who has been a proven gun at AFL with the risk of not recovering from a knee vs drafting a kid from the draft. Also, remember Selwood? Yeah, he had a bad knee, too. Not saying Smith will be Selwood but just chill out.

Thirdly, you’re now comparing Smith to Hannebery who was broken down and finished at that stage of his career. I’m willing to make a wager with you that Smith is going to be a star for us. I remember in his draft year saying he is most likely to win a Brownlow from that draft year and I stand by it.

Your criticism sounds like an angry old man. Monty Burns saying he should shave his sideburns.

Firstly… Looooool. You don’t get it. What I’m saying is it’s funny in this forum how easy it is for everybody to shit on everybody. Not the first time I’ve had a good source and you start to think, “why the f do I bother?” Just so people can shit on you? Like you are now. Oh, you got one right but who cares. Ok, so what’s the point?

Secondly, what do you bring to the table? Besides misguided and boring criticism? Going over this like a broken record. Bevo played him out of position and he was already disgruntled. Contributed to his average year. And drafting a guy who has been a proven gun at AFL with the risk of not recovering from a knee vs drafting a kid from the draft. Also, remember Selwood? Yeah, he had a bad knee, too. Not saying Smith will be Selwood but just chill out.

Thirdly, you’re now comparing Smith to Hannebery who was broken down and finished at that stage of his career. I’m willing to make a wager with you that Smith is going to be a star for us. I remember in his draft year saying he is most likely to win a Brownlow from that draft year and I stand by it.

Your criticism sounds like an angry old man. Monty Burns saying he should shave his sideburns.

Don’t bother anymore mate, I just talk to people via PM if I get mail these days.

You can continue to argue with the people who just take pot shots, I for one understand exactly how you’re feeling.

Don’t let it get to you

What do I bring to the table? Besides misguided and boring criticism?

My charm and good looks of course. And you should be thankful that I do.

Don’t bother anymore mate, I just talk to people via PM if I get mail these days.

You can continue to argue with the people who just take pot shots, I for one understand exactly how you’re feeling.

Don’t let it get to you

Good call and appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back