Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

My weekend has ended on a great note.
Swans are in the other prelim.
The BlueBaggers shit the bed now that’s nearly 30 years of sweet FA.
And the MIGHTY POLDERS (Leopold)beat Saint Fairies in sudden death double extra time.
Cheers Boys and let’s hope the Giants and Lions beat the crappers outta each other.

My weekend has ended on a great note.
Swans are in the other prelim.
The BlueBaggers shit the bed now that’s nearly 30 years of sweet FA.
And the MIGHTY POLDERS (Leopold)beat Saint Fairies in sudden death double extra time.
Cheers Boys and let’s hope the Giants and Lions beat the crappers outta each other.
I have loved seeing people online like Dan Gorringe shit on Essendon for not winning a final for 20 years/missing finals after being 2nd for a few weeks only for his Blues to come out and put up one of the worst first half performances in a final in footy history.

That's sensible. I can't help thinking that young Hawk side is running on fumes and Mitchell voodoo. It's all very well coaching them to just have fun, but finals requires more concentration. Okay they've done well to fluke a position and win, but Port will be mortified enough, and skilled enough, to make amends and clear Not Kenough at the same time.
They aren't yet though, they put the foot down against the very fancied Doggies who a lot of people had as a Premiership smokey and the Doggies got smashed. Thats why I think they are a great chance to repeat it against Port who are walking wounded and their confidence will be absolutely shot.

Dixon was barely rated to begin with.
His trajectory was that of Casboult but went on with it for mild success over at Port.

Overrated are players labelled genuine stars of the competition who fizzle away when it counts the most.
Dixon, about 220 games for a total of 356 goals, in a career of 14 seasons. Five times only has he played 18 or more games in a season too, an average of roughly 15 a year. He's almost been perhaps a slightly richer version of David Mensch. Obviously he's played 220 more games than I could ever manage, but for a bloke who has been a key forward for a lot of the time he's played, it's not a commanding record. Then again one could argue using the Kennedy/Riewoldt/Hawkins similarity of stats, an elite key forward nowadays is about a 2.3 goals a game type with some flexibility in the role as well.

But he's played a lot of games for a long period of time without ever being what you'd call a really 'good' player.

Id love it if bris somehow beat gws as we would absolutely flog them.
Sadly its likely we get gws which will be harder.
Mainly because we don't get to play the 'I can't kick a goal for peanuts' version of Toby Greene, we get the 'I'll kick 4 and play like the superstar I am' version when he sees men in hoops on the ground.

At least that backman who usually eats Hawkins won't be facing him this time around should we meet. And it won't be at K.P, where the Giants have beaten us four times in succession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the weirdest thing you’d see. The commentators are behaving like the Hawks are the premiership favs 🤣
Let them, it’s best we just focus on prelim and not think about the grand final at all.

Much prefer Brisbane, GWS worry me more than any other side in it.
Me too but if we can get past gws i reckon we will get syd done.
Much like coll pf/port gf in 2007.

GWS were far more impressive than Brisbane in round 1. The only thing the lions have going for them is that gws played in the most intense round 1 game by far.

It actually could not have gone better for Geelong - we either play Brisbane who are just not impressive at all under any sort of pressure, or gws who may be running on fumes by that point.

I’d LOVE Port to knock them out this week, would be so satisfying.
Hawthorn’s performance is being pumped up, but people are ignoring how putrid the bulldogs were. The fact that it took hawthorn so long to get on top in that game was not a good sign.

I would expect port to win this week. They will get their selections right, come out with intent and put hawthorn away early.

And neither port or hawthorn will beat Sydney at the scg after a week off.

I would love to meet hawthorn in a gf this year, but I can’t see it happening.

Hawthorn’s performance is being pumped up, but people are ignoring how putrid the bulldogs were. The fact that it took hawthorn so long to get on top in that game was not a good sign.

I would expect port to win this week. They will get their selections right, come out with intent and put hawthorn away early.

And neither port or hawthorn will beat Sydney at the scg after a week off.

I would love to meet hawthorn in a gf this year, but I can’t see it happening.
I’d love to meet Hawthorn in the GF next year, beat them and go back-to-back😍😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back