Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Think he means the current first would be used on another player (his rumour), while the F1 would be used on Baz.

It all depends entirely on who that player is, but it could potentially have some merit.

We've brought in a lot of quality kids over the last few years, both from trading and the draft.

Again - heavily depends on the player - but surrounding them with some prime aged talent might not be the worst idea.

Yeah i get going for talent if the talent is worth it but a F1 for Baz is risky as...and i thought you couldn't trade consecutive 1st rounders?

it's important we don't blow our future especially when we'll get a much harder schedule in 2025 and there's no guarantees with injuries, we could get completely destroyed again ala 2023.

Last edited:
is it a slight concern that we had to go back to jed bews to play a lock down small forward role after avoiding it all year. nothing against bews, hope he goes on and win another flag this year but he is closer to the end than the start.

Suprise we havent had a younger replacement that can do that role consistently.

His last two games have me thinking he could have been playing all year, it doesn't look like he has decline rather we just looked in different direction.

Depending on the number of retirements I could see us holding onto him, possibility with a move to the rookie list

I can make a few rumours up if that will make you feel better

• Gaff isn't really retiring, but using that as an easy out so he can join us in the PSD
  • Goldstein has finally committed to a move down the highway on a 3-year deal
  • Tex Walker will be joining as a FA on a 2-year deal with a trigger clause for a 3rd year

Dogs are keen on Tom Barrass. So if the Eagles accept ours or the dogs first for him, I'd expect that would be enough to land Bailey Smith at G town. Essentially, dogs are swapping Smith for Barrass.

Maybe a pick swap of little significance to make someone feel a little more special but that's about it.

As long as you put Charlie Curnow in that list

Bailey Smith has made a decision to go to Hawthorn over Geelong, with every player on the free agency market nominating Hawthorn this offseason it looks like Worpel will become this season's mystery mid. However like all mystery mids he is favoured to remain at Hawthorn.

Charlie Curnow knocked back an unsolicited approach by Geelong, he discovered Brad Close in his backyard staring through the windows as he ate his customary morning wheetbix.

Travis Boak will join Geelong after a hard decade long campaign by Selwood and Bartel to convince him to move back home. Upon being liberated from Adelaide Bartel was overheard talking to an potbellied fellow who was had enjoyed a few too many duty free drinks "It is a good result but I'm glad to escape from thst prison and while it cost me my marriage, I'm looking forward to moving to next stage of my life"

Dogs are keen on Tom Barrass. So if the Eagles accept ours or the dogs first for him, I'd expect that would be enough to land Bailey Smith at G town. Essentially, dogs are swapping Smith for Barrass.

Maybe a pick swap of little significance to make someone feel a little more special but that's about it.

Eagles will want more when barass is contracted.

• Gaff isn't really retiring, but using that as an easy out so he can join us in the PSD
  • Goldstein has finally committed to a move down the highway on a 3-year deal
  • Tex Walker will be joining as a FA on a 2-year deal with a trigger clause for a 3rd year

Do you have any more to add to the nursing home?

I have never exhibited so much restraint as I have by staying out of the Bailey smith conversation.
Oh man tell me about it. From what I know about him/the situation from mates at WB but not wanting to betray trust by posting details, all I can say is caveat emptor.

Do you have any more to add to the nursing home?

Isaac Smith is going to come out of retirement so we can have Smith kick to Smith

Oh man tell me about it. From what I know about him/the situation from mates at WB but not wanting to betray trust by posting details, all I can say is caveat emptor.

I mean any move you make for oppo players is buyer beware.

If we are getting him at his lowest value (If this was 2021/22 Dogs would be asking for 3 firsts) and it costs us just this years first rounder (which could very well be 14-18 range) and maybe scrap like picks for a potential AA level talent...you would take the risk right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean any move you make for oppo players is buyer beware.

If we are getting him at his lowest value (If this was 2021/22 Dogs would be asking for 3 firsts) and it costs us just this years first rounder (which could very well be 14-18 range) and maybe scrap like picks for a potential AA level talent...you would take the risk right?
AFL contracts are fully guaranteed and can sink teams when high paid players don't play. It's more than just the pick.

Also internal team harmony has been pretty good for some time at GFC, Dogs not so much. But I'll leave it there because of reasons mentioned above.

AFL contracts are fully guaranteed and can sink teams when high paid players don't play. It's more than just the pick.

Also internal team harmony has been pretty good for some time at GFC, Dogs not so much. But I'll leave it there because of reasons mentioned above.
Smith has said himself that his injury has changed his perspective on his life.

He's mentioned how grateful he is to get this opportunity, and how he's annoyed with himself for having to have it taken away from him to realise that.

There's some red flags, without doubt...but surely we're not all naive enough to think that we don't have players doing the same, or that it's not common place around the league?

Smith was just dumb enough to get caught. Wasn't the first, and he won't be the last.

Let's look at what we're dealing with here:

He's suffered through mental health issues - an immensely common issue - and he was brave enough to speak up...and he's been caught with drugs...once.

I'd hazard a guess that both of those 'issues' are rampant around the AFL, and they can happen to perfectly good people, too.

We're not talking about Tarryn Thomas here.

Internal dog's disharmony isn't all Smith though - it clearly comes from the top

Yeah i get going for talent if the talent is worth it but a F1 for Baz is risky as...and i thought you couldn't trade consecutive 1st rounders?

it's important we don't blow our future especially when we'll get a much harder schedule in 2025 and there's no guarantees with injuries, we could get completely destroyed again ala 2023.
I think our 2025 as simplistic as it sounds to say will to an extent rely on the development of bruhn holmes Clark Dempsey Conway knevitt.

We need 2xA grade caliber centre square midfielders to come on.

Come on Gee... spill the beans
Walking the dog on the weekend with my reliable source of info again.
We shall banter a little more deeply me thinks.
I will say let's not get too focused on OOC/FA and in particular A graders.
As building a team is a jigsaw puzzle. His words not mine.
His name dropping of players had me stop walking on more than few occasions.
Cheers

From what i heard.
Barrass wants to redo his current contract.
Leverage?
Yeah i think so.
His management are out to rectify an undervalued contract they signed.
What better way to do it by adding a team or two into the fold.
Similar to the Waterman rumours?? Maybe?

Walking the dog on the weekend with my reliable source of info again.
We shall banter a little more deeply me thinks.
I will say let's not get too focused on OOC/FA and in particular A graders.
As building a team is a jigsaw puzzle. His words not mine.
His name dropping of players had me stop walking on more than few occasions.
Cheers
I know of one high half forward who we have offered a contract too which I found extremely interesting considering we have no need for them.
Are you willing to atleast throw out some of the positions they play?
If not all good, also happy with a PM if you don’t want to air it here.

I know of one high half forward who we have offered a contract too which I found extremely interesting considering we have no need for them.
Are you willing to atleast throw out some of the positions they play?
If not all good, also happy with a PM if you don’t want to air it here.
here's one for ya calder.
I've heard a forwards name been mentioned more than few times from my "friend".
It raised my eyebrows 2 years ago but not so much now.
He's nearly 25 now contracted until end of 2025 but i can see what they were looking at now.
Whether he leaves South Oz... then that would be a coup for us IMO.
Cheers.

here's one for ya calder.
I've heard a forwards name been mentioned more than few times from my "friend".
It raised my eyebrows 2 years ago but not so much now.
He's nearly 25 now contracted until end of 2025 but i can see what they were looking at now.
Whether he leaves South Oz... then that would be a coup for us IMO.
Cheers.

Fogarty. I think someone’s mentioned him in this thread as well unless I’m misremembering

Fogarty. I think someone’s mentioned him in this thread as well unless I’m misremembering
Gotta be doesn't it based on that info...?
24yo's currently on the Power and Crows List, only 2 of which are forwards and Rankine.. we can only dream. Darcy's from Portland originally yeah? Close enough to do our normal thing and pretend he's another local that needs rescuing and bringing home :p
Butts, Jordon24yr 7mthDefender
Jones, Chayce24yr 6mthDefender/Midfield
Keane, Mark24yr 4mthDefender
Rankine, Izak24yr 3mthForward
Sholl, Lachlan24yr 5mthMidfield
Rozee, Connor24yr 6mthMidfield
Fogarty, Darcy24yr 10mthForward

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back