Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Jez still has about 3 years. Still need to bring in a Key Forward to do its trade in the VFL
Maybe, I just think the closest player to Jez in comparison to game style is Buddy as a player using athleticism and aerobic capacity as a key forward and while buddy had a great patch in his twilight it went downhill for him really quick.

Maybe, I just think the closest player to Jez in comparison to game style is Buddy as a player using athleticism and aerobic capacity as a key forward and while buddy had a great patch in his twilight it went downhill for him really quick.
Unfortunately we won't find another Jezza Cameron. Just like we wont find another Hawkins.. We just have to find another Key Position player that can play that CHF/FF Position

Unfortunately we won't find another Jezza Cameron. Just like we wont find another Hawkins.. We just have to find another Key Position player that can play that CHF/FF Position

I encourage you to watch the last qtr of the Giants on the weekend.

Aaron Cadman is going to be Jeremy Cameron V2. Looks like a Jezza / Nick Reiwoldt clone.

I’d give up the house (and my wife)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Im about as much chance of playing for geelong next year as we are of getting petracca this year..theres no chance they trade him willingly. Oliver is another matter.
Are you telling me there is no way your partner would trade you willingly? Is that what I am supposed to read into the analogy? 😳

Getting Petracca would be amazing, but we just don't have anything to trade with for a player of his caliber (as far as I can see). Lots of clubs will be sniffing around that one.
I honestly believe he's only got 4 options when he's said he's desperate for another flag:

Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
Risky, but Norf too.

He'll be intent to stay in Victoria IMO, and everybody else is either coming out of contention, or just starting their rebuild (Or whatever the f**k St Kilda & Essendon have been doing).

Carlton don't have the cap space to for it, and they're the other one who could potentially out their hands up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we dont have any assets that remotely satisfy melbourne for petracca. 1st and future 1st are what we have. Less if they saved one for bailey smith.

I encourage you to watch the last qtr of the Giants on the weekend.

Aaron Cadman is going to be Jeremy Cameron V2. Looks like a Jezza / Nick Reiwoldt clone.

I’d give up the house (and my wife)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Aaron Cadman is his own right, will be remembered as Aaron Cadman... Not Jeremy Cameron, but Aaron Cadman.
Just like Hawkins was going to be the next Lockets, Hawkins was his own name...

Of course I'd like Cadman at Geelong, but there is no certain, his coming to Geelong in years to come. That's why we still need to hit the draft in recruiting a Key Forward in the draft

Im about as much chance of playing for geelong next year as we are of getting petracca this year..theres no chance they trade him willingly. Oliver is another matter.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Hi Cats fans

I come in peace

You are into Cadman hard at the moment, unsure if you pull it off this year or next, but would be surprised if he isn't a cat by the end of next trade period

I have heard the same mail but he was happy enough to sign earlier in the year. At this point hes happy there and the interest is more on our end hes not desperate to come back but im sure we will keep trying.

An absolute pipe dream - no chance Melbourne move him on (trac).

Yep thats what i meant. Hes the one player they wont trade.

we dont have any assets that remotely satisfy melbourne for petracca. 1st and future 1st are what we have. Less if they saved one for bailey smith.

Not that I actually think this could happen but I wonder whether with a good lawyer he could get his current contract rescinded on grounds of Melbourne being an unsafe workplace?

"Your honour, the plaintiff suffered a lacerated spleen, a punctured lung, and multiple broken ribs before being made to return to the workplace, at risk to his life, a move which resulted in surgery that could not be done with anaesthesia due to blood loss after the delay seeking medical attention"

Would be a very interesting initial conversation between player and club.

Are you telling me there is no way your partner would trade you willingly? Is that what I am supposed to read into the analogy? 😳

I hope she wouldnt trade me haha because im a very blessed man.
But nah theres no chance melbourne willingly trade trac.

Aaron Cadman is his own right, will be remembered as Aaron Cadman... Not Jeremy Cameron, but Aaron Cadman.
Just like Hawkins was going to be the next Lockets, Hawkins was his own name...

Of course I'd like Cadman at Geelong, but there is no certain, his coming to Geelong in years to come. That's why we still need to hit the draft in recruiting a Key Forward in the draft
That's true, but it's a step by step process. List management always is.

Right now we've got the midfield to fix.

Smith, The Mystery Mid™, and/or guys like Davies are on the agenda this off-season as a result, and we'll hopefully have that patched up for the future, particularly if Holmes, Bruhn, Dempsey, & Clark take another leap.

As it stands, we've got arguably the best key forward in the game, and a very good prospect in Neale developing. It's hardly dire straits, particularly with the state of midfield in comparison.

One of them was always going to take priority, and right now it's the midfield.

We'll likely draft a project key forward this year (probably won't make it, but it's a need as you mention) and we'll turn our attention to Cadman next year, or if that's not possible with his contract, someone like Fogarty as a FA.

Unfortunately, we can't just do it all at once, but the wheels are in motion to get it all right within a couple of years. It's what this great club does, they know what they're doing.

Well I hope you're right on the longevity
I think we get a "Richo" season at some point from Jezza where he plays on the wing and nearly wins a brownlow kicking 40 goals and just taking the piss week in week out.

Thing is Rivers came to us from a completely broken Melbourne side, and he was excellent for us. And its taken a little bit of time but we are seeing it from Bowes as well. If any club has the coaches and system to take a player who has talent and get them to their ceiling its us.

I don't think anyone expected Stengle to hit his potential when we took him on either.
Melbourne made the finals in 3 out of rivers’ first 4 seasons. In his developing years he played in meaningful games and would have learned what was needed for success. Lukosious has never had that. All that he has learned is self preservation, and now he is a fully formed player.

Bowes has been ok, but you can see at times he falls into old Gc habits. He has been at Geelong almost 2 seasons and he is still getting de-programmed. The difference with Bowes is that we were getting a gifted top7 draft pick along with him so anything we got from Bowes the player is a bonus.

Buddy kicked 52 goals in a season as a 35yo. If that's our comparison, we've got a few good years left for Jez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back