Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I can't read the story but there's at least one Demon wanting out - Alex Neal-Bullen

Story said he’s requested a trade to SA for family reasons, Port have seemingly already said no. Think he’d be pretty handy for the Crows and allow Rankine to play full time mid too.

Story said he’s requested a trade to SA for family reasons, Port have seemingly already said no. Think he’d be pretty handy for the Crows and allow Rankine to play full time mid too.
Very underrated player.
Similar to how Close is for us.
I love watching him play

Alex Rance had one of these
I shit you not

I remember one day when in Geelong, there was a father with his 2 kids (not little, but approaching teenage years)

The father had a bird sitting in his shoulder, not interested in flying away and looked really contempt

One of the sons had a similar backpack to the above with a bird inside that was trying to look out and around

OUT-OF-FAVOUR DOG WANTS A MELBOURNE HOME

If out-of-favour Western Bulldogs midfielder Jack Macrae departs the Kennel this year, he is almost a certainty to stay in Melbourne.

While it is not yet a guarantee that the 30-year-old will call it quits at the Dogs, he has played just 16 senior games this season — currently the lowest tally since his rookie campaign.

“Macrae’s going to have a really frank discussion with Luke Beveridge and the Dogs officials at season’s end,” began Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle on Tuesday night.

“This is going to be the question: ‘do you see me in your senior plans for next year?’ And if it’s a bit of a ‘not sure’, well then, he’s going to assess his options elsewhere.

“The issue is, with his family set-up at the moment, he’s not particularly interested in leaving Melbourne. He’s 30 years old, he’s got a contract to 2027, and if he’s going to play in new colours next year, he wants to play at a Melbourne club.

“You think of Carlton, Collingwood, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Richmond, North Melbourne, Melbourne — it doesn’t feel like there’s a natural fit.”

Clark floated the idea of moving to Geelong — possibly with current Bulldogs teammate Bailey Smith — but he was still uncertain that such a move might be in Macrae’s plans this year.

“This could be the curly one — I’m not sure how keen Jack Macrae is for the hour-commute down the highway,” Clark said.

“Could he partner up with Bailey Smith to go down to the Cattery? I’m not sure that is in his plans, I really think it is a Melbourne club that Jack Macrae wants to play at next year. It’s going to be interesting.”

Macrae is set to hit unrestricted free agency in 2027.

View attachment 2078310
Herald Sun put this up if it's fair? If that was all that Gold Coast wanted I'd be in Jack's ear and asking if he was interested to come to the Surf Coast 🏄‍♀️

They wont trade him at all and they wouldnt trade him that cheap if they did.

If out-of-favour Western Bulldogs midfielder Jack Macrae departs the Kennel this year, he is almost a certainty to stay in Melbourne.

While it is not yet a guarantee that the 30-year-old will call it quits at the Dogs, he has played just 16 senior games this season — currently the lowest tally since his rookie campaign.

“Macrae’s going to have a really frank discussion with Luke Beveridge and the Dogs officials at season’s end,” began Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle on Tuesday night.

“This is going to be the question: ‘do you see me in your senior plans for next year?’ And if it’s a bit of a ‘not sure’, well then, he’s going to assess his options elsewhere.

“The issue is, with his family set-up at the moment, he’s not particularly interested in leaving Melbourne. He’s 30 years old, he’s got a contract to 2027, and if he’s going to play in new colours next year, he wants to play at a Melbourne club.

“You think of Carlton, Collingwood, St Kilda, Hawthorn, Richmond, North Melbourne, Melbourne — it doesn’t feel like there’s a natural fit.”

Clark floated the idea of moving to Geelong — possibly with current Bulldogs teammate Bailey Smith — but he was still uncertain that such a move might be in Macrae’s plans this year.

“This could be the curly one — I’m not sure how keen Jack Macrae is for the hour-commute down the highway,” Clark said.

“Could he partner up with Bailey Smith to go down to the Cattery? I’m not sure that is in his plans, I really think it is a Melbourne club that Jack Macrae wants to play at next year. It’s going to be interesting.”

Does he not have a car? Don’t have to live in Geelong to play for the club.

Does he not have a car? Don’t have to live in Geelong to play for the club.

I'm not sure of his situation, but the way that's worded it could be a similar situation to what Goldstein was in when we approached him a few years back

If that's the case, I understand him not wanting to move from Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the post from Bazlenka in the last 24 hours. Seems he has bought himself a cat and happily posted a picture of himself taking the cat for a leisurely stroll along one of the Surfcoast's coastal tracks with the beach in the background. Clearly the bloke has a good sense of humour.

That may well go down as one of the funniest and more cryptic football related posts I've seen in recent times.

Been a long time since I saw him post anything related to the Bulldogs.
ahahahahahahah that is bloody unreal. Figured he'd be a bit of a character.

I don't think there's any rule that trades have to be fair
Of course not. Which is why even if the Dees were prepared to trade Petracca (which they are not), we would be needing to offer monumental overs to simply start the conversation.

They currently have Christian secured for five more seasons. That alone ensures that we would need to stump up a massively lopsided deal (in their favour) to have them even consider letting him walk.

Sounds like a no

I just wanted to type the words 'mystery mid'. Sadly I don't have any contacts.
Me neither but in the spirit of BigFooty I think we should pretend to. I'll start the rumour that we're signing Tex Walker and you tell everyone I misheard and it's actually Will Walker

Then come in later to tell everyone actually they're just looking for a dog Walker and Gee Class Loco is all over it

Last edited:
yVYwBWFC.jpg

Did we though? We got what we wanted from the trade, a key piece to success.
The price paid becomes insignificant and inconsequential from that point on.
I mean Moloney out Tenace in, not getting Ottens. Without Ottens we don't win 3 flags.

We did it 20yrs ago with Brent Moloney and it was a key reason why we won 3 flags.
Stupid example. 20yo who was not best 22 was traded. Happens all the time fringe players get traded or delisted.

I assume you think delisting osca brownless also falls into this category given he was a highly respected VFL player??

Stupid example. 20yo who was not best 22 was traded. Happens all the time fringe players get traded or delisted.

I assume you think delisting osca brownless also falls into this category given he was a highly respected VFL player??
I don’t know why I bother countering a post so clearly stupid, but here goes:

Before he was traded, Brent Moloney played 23 games in 2 years as a 19 & 20 year old, was a rising star nominee and playing meaningful minutes in our midfield. In the second season he was playing in a team in 2004 that made a prelim final. He played in all our finals that season.

For comparison Jhye Clark is 20 years old and has played 16 games. He is on the fringe of a team that will play in finals in his second season.

Osca Brownless played how many games exactly? Was he ever even an emergency to make his debut?

Trading Moloney (who did not want to leave) was the equivalent of us trading Jhye Clark against his will.

I don’t know why I bother countering a post so clearly stupid, but here goes:

Before he was traded, Brent Moloney played 23 games in 2 years as a 19 & 20 year old, was a rising star nominee and playing meaningful minutes in our midfield. In the second season he was playing in a team in 2004 that made a prelim final. He played in all our finals that season.

For comparison Jhye Clark is 20 years old and has played 16 games. He is on the fringe of a team that will play in finals in his second season.

Osca Brownless played how many games exactly? Was he ever even an emergency to make his debut?

Trading Moloney (who did not want to leave) was the equivalent of us trading Jhye Clark against his will.
Another stupid post as Brent Maloney was a rookie pick, jhye Clark is a top ten pick, which has a significant weighing in your first handful of seasons until you establish yourself as a b22.

Moloney was never consistently in our b22 and played 8 games his first season and then 15 in his second and was pretty ordinary in a lot of them. We had a fairly young team back then and played a lot of young kids.

Players like this get traded all the time as part of a bigger deal involving picks.

I didn’t think I had to insert common sense into my original post and say * only referencing b22 senior players”. It was just common sense this was what was meant.

Brent Maloney style fringe player trades happen all the time because the club knows they are replaceable

Another stupid post as Brent Maloney was a rookie pick, jhye Clark is a top ten pick, which has a significant weighing in your first handful of seasons until you establish yourself as a b22.

Moloney was never consistently in our b22 and played 8 games his first season and then 15 in his second and was pretty ordinary in a lot of them. We had a fairly young team back then and played a lot of young kids.

Players like this get traded all the time as part of a bigger deal involving picks.

I didn’t think I had to insert common sense into my original post and say * only referencing b22 senior players”. It was just common sense this was what was meant.

Brent Maloney style fringe player trades happen all the time because the club knows they are replaceable
1723585106779.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back