Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

I honestly didnt realise Lawson was mature aged. His composure, fitness, strength and ability to fit into the gameplan makes ALOT of sense now.

Lawson and Mannagh are incredible picks imo. It's like the second coming of Stewart and Taylor for me (obviously, different types of players and may never reach those heights) - they just add something to the team that boosts us 10%.
Lawson is 22 not really mature aged

I broke the Smith Hawks news weeks ago but people laughed at me. I’ll never reveal my connection, and you’ll never know my actual connection to Baz.

It’s untrue his manager is only dealing with Hawks. Geelong put a very compelling offer and Baz was enticed.He just wants to remain in Melbourne his a Melbourne boy at heart and that’s what is close to him. Doesn’t want to leave his group of friends and family.

Hawks will not sign all three of Perryman, Barrass, Baz. Battle is locked. Only chance is if Worpel goes, his the only player they’d consider listening to offers for. Weddle, Nash will stay

I broke the Smith Hawks news weeks ago but people laughed at me. I’ll never reveal my connection, and you’ll never know my actual connection to Baz.

It’s untrue his manager is only dealing with Hawks. Geelong put a very compelling offer and Baz was enticed.He just wants to remain in Melbourne his a Melbourne boy at heart and that’s what is close to him. Doesn’t want to leave his group of friends and family.

Hawks will not sign all three of Perryman, Barrass, Baz. Battle is locked. Only chance is if Worpel goes, his the only player they’d consider listening to offers for. Weddle, Nash will stay

Hawthorn does not have trade currency to get Barrass and Smith. That would take them out of first two rounds in next two drafts.

Per other news I’ve heard

Oliver and Trac no chance to leave Dees
Cumming GCS
Davies Carlton/St Kilda
Saints willing to trade Steele to land Callaghan (his homesick)

Hawthorn does not have trade currency to get Barrass and Smith. That would take them out of first two rounds in next two drafts.

except that’s exactly what they will end up doing. Both Dogs and West coast will want picks in this years draft tho, dogs have stated no future picks.

My mail is Barrass is still staying at this stage, West coast offer is 1 mil a season, so if his leaving it’s not for money.

Hawks also putting the work into Darcy Fog as a FA 2025.

No shit Nash is staying - he signed a 5-year deal with Hawthorn which has been well publicised, so you're not exactly breaking any news there

As for the bolded 😂 😂 😂

You actually seem quite happy to share your apparent connection with Smith:

1723684441208.png

You've repeatedly been laughed at on all boards you've been posting, trying to claim to have some inside info and yet you've not been able to share any verifiable information

Think we'll keep listening to those with runs on the board

Hobbs is contracted. You'd have to wonder just how low they rate him if they're willing to offload him for not much. Could be like us getting something for Cooper Stephens.
I don't think they're necessarily trying to offload him. I think it's just connecting the dots that he's playing VFL so someone might ask the question. He also showed a bit as a 19yo last season averaging 20 touches. Has already shown a lot more than Cooper Stephens

So they do have the currency... It's just your opinion that they should not use it all.

I'd be confident in saying the Hawk don't have cap room than trade currency.

Barrass, Battle + Smith would be 2.5million instantly added to their cap per year.

If they can afford that... I never will worry about cap room ever again being an issue for clubs (especially us).

I would probably take Hobbs on the cheap. But I'd rather Tsatas if he were available.

I don't know much about either player, but there seems a lot of folk disgruntled with Tsatas and they don't rate him at all - lots question why they drafted him

I would probably take Hobbs on the cheap. But I'd rather Tsatas if he were available.
I have to say one of the worst kicks i've seen since.... Kane Tenace.
For a smallish midfielder it's career killing... especially if u don't have any other clubs in your golf bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Character First.
The first hurdle.
Straight from the school of the Great Craig Bellamy.
What was the thing on Frank Costa's desk at Kardina Park?

Yep, very happy with COS, just looks like a footballer. Importantly he is a big kid and he is got in +15 games this year. So many of these tall lean kids, struggle in first year getting on park (ie Edwards and Conway).

But he seems to be thriving on the work.
Agree - great combination of footballer and athlete.
No concerns about him filling out - his old man looks like a powerful unit IIRC from Draft night :think:

Hard to know what to believe with it all.

Posters here claim to have a source close to Baz saying he's coming, and clearly a poster on the Dogs board is claiming the same quality of source and saying he's off to the Hawks.

We'll only know the truth of it in the fullness of time.

But that photo will been seen as a mischievous troll of the GFC if he does land at Hawthorn.
Both can be true. He might have seen the Hawks go 1-6 and only beat North7-0 cats and said to his people, send me to geelong. Then mid season changed his tune.

Everyone can be hearing the truth at the time it was told and repeating it after it became false

Both can be true. He might have seen the Hawks go 1-6 and only beat North7-0 cats and said to his people, send me to geelong. Then mid season changed his tune.

Everyone can be hearing the truth at the time it was told and repeating it after it became false

Spot on! We have to understand that it's Bailey's decision at the end of the day and we could have the greatest sales pitch ever but if he wants to be a Hawk, he's gonna be a Hawk.

Vice Versa he may have been in on the Hawks and he'll swing back to Cats.

We won't know until he announces his intentions.

No shit Nash is staying - he signed a 5-year deal with Hawthorn which has been well publicised, so you're not exactly breaking any news there

As for the bolded 😂 😂 😂

You actually seem quite happy to share your apparent connection with Smith:

View attachment 2079786

You've repeatedly been laughed at on all boards you've been posting, trying to claim to have some inside info and yet you've not been able to share any verifiable information

Think we'll keep listening to those with runs on the board
Oh Jesus, it’s falcon

Oh Jesus, it’s falcon

He said this on the Bailey Smith thread on July 30th 2024, so over two weeks ago.

Bailey Smith unlikely to be at Geelong next season.

100% out of the doggies, Hawthorn bound right now. Saints will make a last minute pitch, BUT hawks have offered him to be the star man of their midfield. Baz wants to remain in Melbourne, hawks supporter growing up too.

My source says Baz is no chance to land at Geelong. Make of that what you will. Also Barrass will 100% not be at hawthorn next year.

So if Barrass is "100% not going to Hawks" even though it was announced the other day as per below, does that also mean the Smith news is full of shit?

He ALSO said he went to "Xav's with him and was with him in Europe"

But when i asked for some photo proof of him with Baz into my DM's together in Europe I got silence....if you can prove you are a close connection, why ignore something you could easily prove?

He said this on the Bailey Smith thread on July 30th 2024, so over two weeks ago.

So if Barrass is "100% not going to Hawks" even though it was announced the other day as per below, does that also mean the Smith news is full of shit?

He ALSO said he went to "Xav's with him and was with him in Europe"

But when i asked for some photo proof of him with Baz into my DM's together in Europe I got silence....if you can prove you are a close connection, why ignore something you could easily prove?

It’s just old falcons 1000th account trying to shake the hornets nest. The posts are clearly intended to try to get under the skin of cat fans.

The join date is a give away.

No actual mate of baz would ever go on a public forum and do that to his mate. Their friendship would be over. Let alone sign up for a forum to announce it to everyone.

Tbh if he is actually on the off chance telling the truth, and he signed up for a footy forum with the purpose of telling the world private information about his friends financial decisions yet to be announced… he is a pathetic disloyal mole of a friend.

Please let this be a lesson to everyone of the dangers of mixing your medication. Celebrity101 clearly has some issues and I think we should offer the necessary support to help him/her/it through what is clearly a very challenging period.

Stay strong Celebrity101.

I'm very happy to back my sources on this one and take what I've been told to the bank. Smith has chosen Geelong and has made his manager aware of his intentions to be traded to Geelong. Hawthorn's decision to land Barrass should provide you with some insight into Smith not being an option for them. Close to impossible that they could get both deals done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back