Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

What the story with Syd? Will they need picks next year … or do they know they will br drowning in picks after losing a certain player...

Isn't there talk of them swapping there 2 picks for ports pick 13.

I just reckon there will be a handful of clubs attempting to trade into the late part of the first round and our future pick won't be the most attractive

Hmmm today's Addy blurbing what we already knew, Smith deal was done well before deadline. Mackie is a fan of reducing trade week, saying Clubs have plenty of time before it, but "doesn't think about it much"
If it wasn't already obvious the last bit of trade period in which Mackie sat in a room looking at his phone doing nothing yet somehow talked to 3 different clubs should put it to bed that the trade period is only that long so AFL can stay in the news.

The Smith deal and probably most others were done days if not a week before.

He's slide due to the acl a bit though you'd think.

A bit but I don’t think enough. What’s a realistic option to trade our F1? Probably one of the Tigers picks in the 20’s or possibly the Swans’ second pick? Reckon some club (probably the Tigers) will take him before we get an opportunity to trade.

I think the VFL GF had a few players that could handle AFL if given a chance...

I have heard that Geelong are really keen on Henderson but he has a lot of other interest in vic-whether we feel the need to take him with our first pick (45) depends on what we think others will do I suppose.
Bice obviously has interest given the combine invite.
I do think heron is re-draftable but it depends what clubs think. Woodcock equally deserves another go but who knows.

I quite like Keegan grey but I'm not sure if he has enough interest to get picked up.

It's amazing that there best player Dom Brew is very rarely mentioned as a possibility.

His age and the fact that he is slow and can only play one position will count against him. He doesn't give you the same versatility that mannagh does. But I would love to see him get a go he's all heart and would be an amazing culture guy.

He's slide due to the acl a bit though you'd think.

Nah hotton I honestly think could go as high as 8 to st kilda (obvious reason) or 9 to melb (I wouldn't be surprised if he's why they traded) or rich at 10 and 11 would be likely (they have the picks to take the risk). The earliest we could probably trade in is either gws at 15/16, Sydney at 19/22 or rich at 18/20/23 and I expect he's gone well before then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are going to try to trade into the first round this year. We have our eyes on Hotton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We won't be able to trade in early enough. I'd say he's gone by 11/12 and no one will give us that for our fr1 (the best it gets us is a late r1).
Even if we had kept 17 I think he would have been gone.
But I agree he's a Geelong type.

Nah hotton I honestly think could go as high as 8 to st kilda (obvious reason) or 9 to melb (I wouldn't be surprised if he's why they traded) or rich at 10 and 11 would be likely (they have the picks to take the risk). The earliest we could probably trade in is either gws at 15/16, Sydney at 19/22 or rich at 18/20/23 and I expect he's gone well before then.
Well if he's going that early I would say there's no takers for our future first in that trade scenario

I have heard that Geelong are really keen on Henderson but he has a lot of other interest in vic-whether we feel the need to take him with our first pick (45) depends on what we think others will do I suppose.
Bice obviously has interest given the combine invite.
I do think heron is re-draftable but it depends what clubs think. Woodcock equally deserves another go but who knows.

I quite like Keegan grey but I'm not sure if he has enough interest to get picked up.
Woodcock is best mates with Baz.

Wouldn't surprise me if Smith puts in a good word.

Well if he's going that early I would say there's no takers for our future first in that trade scenario

I can still envisage there may be interest in our FF. Richmond clearly the most likely with their stock of picks in the late teens/20’s. But would we be prepared to part with it to pick someone other than Hotton?

Let's see when CT drops his mock draft (he has good contacts) but on my board I have hotton top 10 I don't think we can get near it in a live trade since you can only trade 1 year ahead. Some acl guys do slide like Brayden George but I don't think he will.

I can still envisage there may be interest in our FF. Richmond clearly the most likely with their stock of picks in the late teens/20’s. But would we be prepared to part with it to pick someone other than Hotton?

I think Richmond will trade 18/20/23 and we might do it (though I'd rather we didnt) if we back ourselves to be top 4. But I reckon hotton is long gone. I'd love us to pick Dodson but that's not typically a Geelong thing. If we traded in 15-20 I'd say someone like lindsay/reid/oliver or hynes is more likely unless we go for shanahan or another tall fwd.

Woodcock is best mates with Baz.

Wouldn't surprise me if Smith puts in a good word.

It wouldn't but I think Henderson is more likely for a few reasons.

I think Richmond will trade 18/20/23 and we might do it (though I'd rather we didnt) if we back ourselves to be top 4. But I reckon hotton is long gone. I'd love us to pick Dodson but that's not typically a Geelong thing. If we traded in 15-20 I'd say someone like lindsay/reid/oliver or hynes is more likely unless we go for shanahan or another tall fwd.

I’d be happy to take Shanahan. We need KPF coverage and he, to me, looks a talent. Far better athletic profile than Foster.

Hynes the other that would interest me as I think he’s got a nice midfield/F50 mix. Tough too which is appealing.

Not a fan of Reid. Seen a fair bit of him and I just think he’s very vanilla. Lindsay is a good player but we are probably covered for his type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back