List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we pay 2 firsts for Gibbs then we've been absolutely reamed.
We're paying more than Dangerfield went for.

FFS for the 20 millionth time in the last 10 days. Danger was uncontracted. He could have walked for free. Bryce has 3 years left. Carlton own him til 2020.

So we trade out a best 22 players coming off a break out year for PICK BLOODY 43??!!!!!

Simultaneously making us even weaker in the midfield than we already were?

Abysmal trade period if that is all we do...

Probably Ben Jarman points....at a guess without using our earlier picks on him?
40 points wont cut it though. it wasnt enough of an upgrade. it was my original thought that we traded out a pick that had no pick value for something decent, but it wasnt .it was 69 points vs 29 points or something. so its only useful if someone bids on jarman a spot or two above us

Doesn't matter mate... when it came to it the hawks got 2 players in and pissed off 2 club greats!
This about being able to negotiate well and clearly we are no good at it! We didn't force the blues hand at all!
well .. its hard when afl constantly give concessions to everyone but you. im confident the team can still get better next year even without gibbs.

Only way that Lyons trade is acceptable is if we somehow turn 43 + 67 into something in the 30s (maybe Reid can turn some water into wine while he's at it) and package that with 13 for Gibbs, so end result is 13 + Lyons for Gibbs which was the ideal trade from the very start.

Otherwise Justin Reid has some serious questions to answer if we take 43 and 67 to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the worst trades I've seen the club do. Right up there with Tambling

Tambling was at least a calculated risk; we ruined him with that stupid DVD un-tough rubbish when he started to get his confidence up

This however looks terrible.

I'll give the club the opportunity to show these picks will get the Gibbs deal over the line. If they're not then I'm officially finished with this club.

Disgraceful treatment of Lyons. Absolutely abhorrent.

Just glad we still have Thommo... excuse me while I vomit

Not changing the game plan when it gets found out against good sides.

Shitting the bed against West Coast.

Playing injured players during finals.

Being smashed by Sydney in the semi while playing injured players.

After the midfield gets smashed and senior players do nothing, we re-sign Thommo.

Now this - can't get the Gibbs deal done, and letting Lyons go for pick 43

AFC, you are pissing me off mightily.

12d214b903b96b334647904aeaae79d9.gif

or even

b6uIVE.gif

How the hell is Scott Thompson still on our list when we gave Lyons away for nothing???

The kid wanted to stay, is going to be a better footballer in 2017 than Thompson, wasn't going to cost much (salary cap excuse irrelevant), didn't gain us anything re trade currency (there goes that excuse) and is far more athletic and versatile than Thompson (there goes that excuse).

This has been badly managed.

The kid wanted to stay, yet was offered up to Carlton as part of a deal to get Gibbs, and the same kid who came out and declared he wanted to be traded? He wanted to stay?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back