Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to say that 4 LGA's have been "locked down"?
Berejiklian is referring to it as a Stay At Home Order (which is the official language used under the public health legislation), but she didn’t argue against people using the term ‘lockdown’ when it was put to her in the media conference.

Gold Standard Gladys

Know how we can avoid issues like this ?....

BY NOT LETTING ANY campaigner IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So if you live or work in the 4 LGAs you have to stay at home.

But what about those who have shopped there? Went to uni every day?
The public health order is yet to be gazetted (which is why the order doesn’t take effect til midnight) but I imagine when the definition comes out uni will count as work and shopping will not

Am I right in assuming anyone in here bagging Gladys handling of this was also equally critical of the Vic government last year?
That wasn't me, that was NSWJOE

giphy.gif

The public health order is yet to be gazetted (which is why the order doesn’t take effect til midnight) but I imagine when the definition comes out uni will count as work and shopping will not
That might be so. But until then, people are debating over the interpretation and intention of this public health order and what it means for them. There's been no clarification on it and by the time this is gazetted people will be acting on five different interpretations

Am I right in assuming anyone in here bagging Gladys handling of this was also equally critical of the Vic government last year?
Victoria locked down when they needed to , to protect Victorians and the rest of Australia.
Gladys is playing Russian roulette and taking advice from Alan Jones and other right wing jerks.

Sounds like same rules as Melbourne lockdown, but can't bring herself to say it.
Had she not been so mouthy in the past with vic and qld, we'd already be in a lockdown

Image is king in NSW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This makes no sense. If they have to go to full lockdown ultimately then by extension that would suggest locking down only a few LGAs was not sufficient. Just as it wasn’t in Melbourne last year.

Shitting the bed? You’d hope they’re not that paralysed by fear of appearances.

Maybe if Melbourne had actually done a proper LGA lockdown they’d have avoided the statewide lockdown that followed.

Melbournes half assed postcode lockdown was the dumbest thing they’d done since Dan said no to the ADF assistance.

I hope not too.

i grew up in franga and have barracked for richmond my whole life, so i am pessimistic by nature

i dont know why, this one is feeling different to the others. you dodged the bullet that was crossroads (the one i was most concerned about), and northern beaches staying there was a blessing. on paper this should be looking similar to northern beaches, but im worried.

hope im wrong, seriously hope im wrong.

That might be so.

But until then, people are debating over the interpretation and intention of this public health order and what it means for them. There's been no clarification on it and by the time this is gazetted people will be acting on five different interpretations
Bit of a Catch-22, if they’d gazetted it without warning people it was coming there would be even more complaints

Announce the broad change -> gazette the detail -> enforce is the way every state government has acted during the pandemic and generally seems to be the best way

Yes, there is a process of clarification that happens but as long as there is a reasonable gap between the order being published and it coming into force then things will operate pretty smoothly

Victoria locked down when they needed to , to protect Victorians and the rest of Australia.
Gladys is playing Russian roulette and taking advice from Alan Jones and other right wing jerks.

They locked down when they had hundreds of daily cases, so if that’s the standard then NSW has a few weeks to get it right

You don't think Dan played the same game with postcode lockdowns last year?

Had she not been so mouthy in the past with vic and qld, we'd already be in a lockdown

Image is king in NSW
As a Victorian I actually will stick up for Gladys in terms of her attitude during the shit storm down here last year. I didn’t feel like she was constantly sniping from the sidelines at us, certainly unlike her federal counterparts anyway. Her and Dan seem to get on decently enough.

Queensland is a very different matter though. Don’t think her and Ana are too fond of one another.

As a Victorian I actually will stick up for Gladys in terms of her attitude during the sh*t storm down here last year. I didn’t feel like she was constantly sniping from the sidelines at us, certainly unlike her federal counterparts anyway. Her and Dan seem to get on decently enough.

Queensland is a very different matter though. Don’t think her and Ana are too fond of one another.

things changed this year - she has been swinging pretty hard at vic during 2021

do agree for 2020 however

things changed this year - she has been swinging pretty hard at vic during 2021

do agree for 2020 however
Yeah fair. I will give NSW (Hazzard specifically in this instance) some credit for also talking for all states a couple months back, when the feds were trying to bullshit everyone into believing it was the states holding up vaccine rollout on the back of their deliveries being way in excess of what they were told they were going to be.

Maybe that’s why Sqott is going at them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back