Glass to FF. Before you scream and shout and hate me hear me out.

Remove this Banner Ad

tonynotte

Debutant
Sep 26, 2009
London
AFL Club
West Coast
Firstly, MacKenzie, Brown and Schofield must play together in the backliine as much as humanly possible. If people are looking for a light at the end of the tunnel, these three guy are it. We can build an entire backline around these guys. With the likes of Hurn, Waters, Stevenson, Sheppard, Butler and Smith being the smaller defenders. In a few years we can have a top class quality backline to compete with anyone.

Glass will compete like a rabid dog both when the ball is coming in and when the opposition has the ball. He should know where to lead after having all that experience at FB. At worst he will bring the ball to ground for our (hopefully developing) smaller forwards. This is not a long term solution, just till (hopefully) Notte develops enough to take over.

Couldn't hurt giving it a go at least I would have thought.

Alot of assumptions being made here.

The biggest IMO is the idea that Notte will eventually come good.

He cant get a game in a wooden spoon side crying out for another tall target.

That said, not the dumbest train of thought.

Brown as a permanent forward is d-o-n-e done. Over. Never to be repeated. Glass will slot back into FB and Brown, EMac and Schoey will fight for 2 spots.

Glass has never been a FF and its not going to start now.

Brown as a permanent forward is d-o-n-e done. Over. Never to be repeated. Glass will slot back into FB and Brown, EMac and Schoey will fight for 2 spots.

Glass has never been a FF and its not going to start now.

Actually, glass has played at FF. I was watching an old 1998? Eagles v Can't remember because I saw Glass steaming out from FF and went :eek:. They talked about it a while, as this young, skinny kid was presenting well but couldn't kick!:D

Its not like glass has never been put forward... it has been done albeit not for years and years... why it doesn't work you ask... simple... his goal kicking is woeful...

and that's forgetting about fact he is our best defender and needed down back..

Firstly, MacKenzie, Brown and Schofield must play together in the backliine as much as humanly possible. If people are looking for a light at the end of the tunnel, these three guy are it. We can build an entire backline around these guys. With the likes of Hurn, Waters, Stevenson, Sheppard, Butler and Smith being the smaller defenders. In a few years we can have a top class quality backline to compete with anyone.

Glass will compete like a rabid dog both when the ball is coming in and when the opposition has the ball. He should know where to lead after having all that experience at FB. At worst he will bring the ball to ground for our (hopefully developing) smaller forwards. This is not a long term solution, just till (hopefully) Notte develops enough to take over.

Don't your killing me!!!

I don't think Glass can be anywhere but in the backline.
He rarely kicks. He almost always handballs. I'm not sure if this was injury related but its been happening for a very long time.

Not a bad idea in theory and it could help, but will the coaching staff be that clever to try it?

Champion Full Forward Quinten Lynch's last 2 years have seen him kick 25.40 - not exactly a dead-eye dick himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion Full Forward Quinten Lynch's last 2 years have seen him kick 25.40 - not exactly a dead-eye dick himself.

media_preview.php

Actually, glass has played at FF. I was watching an old 1998? Eagles v Can't remember because I saw Glass steaming out from FF and went :eek:. They talked about it a while, as this young, skinny kid was presenting well but couldn't kick!:D

He played FF during the demo derby of 2000.

He missed a goal from about 35m out with less than a minute to go that would have won us the game.

On the OP - the only way Glass could play forward would be as a forward tagger. I.e trying to take a Lake out of the game.

HOW BOUT NO!!!!!!!

Ya crazy Dutch bastard

I see where the OP is coming from - I myself have been wondering lately why we haven't tried Wilkes and Spangher up forward.

Glass at FF is a little more abstract thinking but still, we should try it with one of our KP defenders.

There's room for 2, absolute maximum 3 talls in the backline. Glass, Mackenzie, Brown, Schofield, Spangher and Wilkes are all vying for those limited spots.

Meanwhile we've got Lynch kicking 0 goals at the other end each week, Wilson is a slower version of Lynch, Hansen isn't the long-term answer and Notte is several seasons away.

So why wouldn't you try throwing a couple of the fringe KP defenders forward at WAFL level?

Wilkes and Spangher both come out of contract at the end of the year. Give them a shot to keep their spot on the list for Christ's sake. Wilkes can switch forward but he's never been tried there full-time. No idea if Spangher can play as a forward but shit, it's worth a try. Could at least make a handy half-forward I reckon.

I'd like our forward line to line up like this:

FF: Brett Jones. Beau Wilkes. Matt Priddis.
F: Matt Spangher. Will Sullivan. Mark Nicoski/Glass/Cox.

Would deliver us a premiership.

I think our backline will look like this in 2011...

Sam Butler Darren Glass Will Schofield
Ash Smith Eric Mckenzie Shannon Hurn

leaving brown to put pressure on the non performing tall backmen..

Remove this Banner Ad

Glass to FF. Before you scream and shout and hate me hear me out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back