Autopsy Round 13, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I also agree with Why play Gaff, Sheed etc when Hall, Brockman, Culley, Rawlinson, Dewar are toiling away at Wafl level!

Cherry-picking your post here but just have to say that Culley has returned and Brockman's not available until after the bye, due to his transgression.

Hall's just had 2 weeks back from a few weeks without a game.

Would like to see Dewar have a bit more of a run but realistically, who comes out for him?

OAllen, Reid, Kelly and Hunt returning do indeed pose a good problem for the MC. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaff and Sheed return to the WAFL, then there's the conundrum of OAllen. Maric's been training on the wing as a secondary role, so do we see him move there? MC clearly rates him.

Jones probably makes way for Hunt.

Can't see them dropping Darling unless he returns to the form he had for the first few rounds but he's been much improved since then.

What an absolute shambles this club is., we are better off losing by playing the kids not has beens. im close to crossing over to the dockers at least they have some young talent coming through. We have nothing just b and c grade players.
We are in for years of pain this rebuild hasn't even started yet
Please, if you can't live the lows then go to Freo then. We are not Geelong who can afford to middle out. Oh wait they haven't won a flag yet. I bet you were absolutely melting that we finished last in 2023 not knowing the fact that it's absolutely needed for us to get Harley Reid. The rebuild hasn't finished yet and we still need another bottom out finish in 2025 and maybe 2026 to rebuild the list and hope the other players we drafted come good.

If you switch to Freo and they bottom out during Tassie's entry in 2026-27 to the comp then we'll look back and laugh at such stupid decision.

What an absolute shambles this club is., we are better off losing by playing the kids not has beens. im close to crossing over to the dockers at least they have some young talent coming through. We have nothing just b and c grade players.
Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

I was dreading this game before it started without Reid and Kelly.

And so it turned out to be with the main negative being our complete lack of midfield depth. A couple of times at the cb it was Sheed Culley and Ginbey.

We were doing well in the midfield with Kelly, Yeo and Reid but that hasn't been the case since the Collingwood game unfortunately.

It is real shame that Hewitt hasn't been available as he was very impressive late last year.

Eh. We had direct comparison between Ginbey and his direct peers in Sheezel and Wardlaw.

Ginbey showed flashed of some really good footy. Sheezel and Wardlaw played key roles their team.

I think that’s the difference most are pointing to, and it’s a valid point.
In fairness both Sheezel and Wardlaw were purported to have significant character issues that made them unsuitable for West Coast and we did get Hewett as well as part of our trade.

I'm just very frustrated with how this club is playing and the decisions that are being made by the people in charge. It is a boys club at the moment and has been for a long time. How gaff sheed and Jones are still getting a game is beyond me.

Things aren't getting better anytime soon until we have a complete clean out. With Tasmania coming in we need to go to the draft or we are in for years of pain. None of our players have currency though except for McGovern and barrass and that's a problem

you're frustrated with how we are playing?

no way

because the rest of us are just so thrilled by how things are at the moment

7ff9c5a3314131f35cb2a28e031e1603b234f48f.png

I have no positive right now. We didnt show up for 3/4 of that game.

It was slack, lacklustre and completely void of any energy or dare. Just disappointing to be honest.

I hope they have some goals they want to achieve for the 2nd half of the season, although, I think we hit the peak and can expect us to deliver more of the same.

Pick 2 is still in play.

A new account claims they are switching to the Dockers and how many posters get reeled in? Not even trying to hide the fact hes a troll with his username and avatar.
Funny stuff.

Amateur hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They AFL okay'd the Yeo decision, this game is ****ed
We've investigated ourselves and cleared ourselves of any wrong doing.

Literally any person who takes possession of the ball from the ground must now and gets tackled must be called HTB as dragging it in.

There's no way in hell they can be consistent with that call, there'll be 50 HTBs a game.

Thought this interesting, a comment from another site...

"From what I heard earlier in the week as to why Hutchison was selected “Jake waterman’s shoulder is worse than first thought, He is struggling to get his arm above his shoulder, atm the Eagles are tossing up whether to jab and strap it or send him for surgery which ends his season”
So the 3rd key forward was a just in case waterman’s shoulder pops out and needs to be subbed off!
Game plan 1st Qtr: We zoned off at the contest giving 5 meters separation between players, LDU was on one side of the circle and Sheed played the sweeper on the back side!
At the 7 minute mark to go we closed space and manned up around the contest and got ascendency at the contest!
Then 2nd and 3rd qtr we went back to Zone off and got smashed again!
4th qtr we closed up, won the contest and played fast footy and kicked 6 straight!
However realistically during the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs we missed simple goals. (Gaff, Yeo, Sheed, Waterman, Cripps, Darling) all very simple kicks that should have put us up!
Inaccuracy was a massive factor in the outcome!
You can’t kick 2-12 and hope to win!
I also agree with Why play Gaff, Sheed etc when Hall, Brockman, Culley, Rawlinson, Dewar are toiling away at Wafl level!
I understand they need a mix of experience and Youth and can’t just bring them all in at one time!
But Hall would have been a better option as Tagger yesterday as he’s played run with roles previously and it would have also injected a bit of Mongrel into the mix!
Thankfully after the Bye we will get Oscar, Hunt, Kelly and Reid back!
I think once Oscar returns that Jake will go for surgery and his season will be over. It was a massive effort for him yesterday and something that should be heralded!
However I think Maric, Darling, Allan and B.Williams is a really tall forward line so unless they Drop JD then Maric and Hutch will rotate in and out for the remainder of the season..."

You also can't kick 2-12 and blame the umpires!

Hutchison isnt a tall. He is clorer to a Le Cras type than a Darling type.

And he was just initiated into the pace of top level AFL. Sounds like he has the speed and skills. Just needs to build experience and confidence at the top level.

Pack your bags then and go join the jetty lickers. I'll guarantee we'll win our next before they win one. We don't need or want sooky fans that can't handle a few years rebuilding.

Hutchison isnt a tall. He is clorer to a Le Cras type than a Darling type.

And he was just initiated into the pace of top level AFL. Sounds like he has the speed and skills. Just needs to build experience and confidence at the top level.
I mean so far he is playing exactly like a third tall.

Thought this interesting, a comment from another site...

"From what I heard earlier in the week as to why Hutchison was selected “Jake waterman’s shoulder is worse than first thought, He is struggling to get his arm above his shoulder, atm the Eagles are tossing up whether to jab and strap it or send him for surgery which ends his season”
So the 3rd key forward was a just in case waterman’s shoulder pops out and needs to be subbed off!
Game plan 1st Qtr: We zoned off at the contest giving 5 meters separation between players, LDU was on one side of the circle and Sheed played the sweeper on the back side!
At the 7 minute mark to go we closed space and manned up around the contest and got ascendency at the contest!
Then 2nd and 3rd qtr we went back to Zone off and got smashed again!
4th qtr we closed up, won the contest and played fast footy and kicked 6 straight!
However realistically during the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs we missed simple goals. (Gaff, Yeo, Sheed, Waterman, Cripps, Darling) all very simple kicks that should have put us up!
Inaccuracy was a massive factor in the outcome!
You can’t kick 2-12 and hope to win!
I understand they need a mix of experience and Youth and can’t just bring them all in at one time!
But Hall would have been a better option as Tagger yesterday as he’s played run with roles previously and it would have also injected a bit of Mongrel into the mix!
Thankfully after the Bye we will get Oscar, Hunt, Kelly and Reid back!
I think once Oscar returns that Jake will go for surgery and his season will be over. It was a massive effort for him yesterday and something that should be heralded!
However I think Maric, Darling, Allan and B.Williams is a really tall forward line so unless they Drop JD then Maric and Hutch will rotate in and out for the remainder of the season..."

You also can't kick 2-12 and blame the umpires!

I mean it would be 100% Eagles for Waterman to go straight out and off for season ending surgery as soon as Oscar returns.

That definitely sounds like something that would happen.

You guys understand footy through an economic lens first and foremost? Maybe some suits in club land do but I’m surprised actual fans would. Gold Coast, GWS and St Kilda are all allocated more money than us. We also have $0 debt while the Saints are 11 million in the hole. Should they all be folded too? Should Melbourne have been folded when they were as shit as we are now and way less secure off field? Do you just wanna play Freo every week or something?
Actually think this is a fairly reasonable response

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back