In2theWild

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2009
He said your Laidler and I'm Puopolo!!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Sabres!Anti-Palace Gun wank
For anyone in the know and/or planning to head down the highway for our rare away against Geelong in round 17 what are the best options as far as transport( i.e to drive or train from Melbourne?), parking, best spot in the ground to get seating etc. etc. Never been there for football and generally unfamiliar with the whole place TBH so any advice appreciated. Cheers all!!

South Geelong station is the way to go cause parking can be a bit of a pain.
Best spot to get seating is legit anywhere you can get because it will be a struggle.

They've got Sydney in Sydney, the bye, Carlton at the G, Essendon at the G, and then us.

If they lose all 3, and we win our next 3, we would have the chance to leapfrog them on the ladder at this game.

Not saying it's likely but not as far fetched as some might think.

They've got Sydney in Sydney, the bye, Carlton at the G, Essendon at the G, and then us.

If they lose all 3, and we win our next 3, we would have the chance to leapfrog them on the ladder at this game.

Not saying it's likely but not as far fetched as some might think.

I want us to be the killer blow

Have any AFL members with Hawthorn support been able to buy tickets? Entering my barcode tells me 'Unfortunately, there are no entitlements available for this Member Code' .
In your email there will be one from Hawthorn, Subject line "Your Round 16-23 ticketing information" that email has a link in it you can click through and it will show you the seating available for away members (pretty limited).

In your email there will be one from Hawthorn, Subject line "Your Round 16-23 ticketing information" that email has a link in it you can click through and it will show you the seating available for away members (pretty limited).
Thanks for replying. That's effectively what I did and went through to the ticketmaster site where you have to validate your membership (as its the pre-sale period) but as it responded with there were no entitlements for my membership code, I was wondering if this was because it was an AFL membership, the pre-sale was already sold out or something else. I guess I'll try again when GA goes on sale.

Thanks for replying. That's effectively what I did and went through to the ticketmaster site where you have to validate your membership (as its the pre-sale period) but as it responded with there were no entitlements for my membership code, I was wondering if this was because it was an AFL membership, the pre-sale was already sold out or something else. I guess I'll try again when GA goes on sale.
Ah ok. Didn’t work for me when I tried to enter my barcode on the site but it did work when I clicked through on the email.
Good luck getting it sorted, we need as many hawks there as we can get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings, I alongside 20 of my mates have arranged a bus to go to the game together. Would anyone know the best possible way to organise parking? Or best place to park it? Curious to know since I saw the thread and was hoping maybe somebody could help. Thanks in advance

Asking the important questions..
Where is the best place for a feed and coupe of coldies..?
Last time I was in Geelong was for the cup back in 2010…

Thinking it might be easier to stay there over night and turn it into a lads weekend.

Can I buy standing room tix to skilled ?
The Barwon Club would be my pick. But if you're there mid arvo, check out Little Creatures/White Rabbit – all a 10 min walk from both the ground and South Geelong station. Otherwise in the CBD (a $10 Uber ride from Kardinia Park) Little Malop has some decent hole-in-the-wall hipster bars and restaurants (Sober Ramen, Pistol Petes, Tacos y Liquour, Smash Burger)

Greetings, I alongside 20 of my mates have arranged a bus to go to the game together. Would anyone know the best possible way to organise parking? Or best place to park it? Curious to know since I saw the thread and was hoping maybe somebody could help. Thanks in advance
"First I look for the dream spot right in front of the door, then I slowly expand out in concentric circles."

Thanks! I’m going to Geelong! Last time I was there no current seating existed
Apart from the practice game in 2023 when we got beaten by 400 points, last time i was there was in the late 80s when we smashed them and Gary Ablett was moved to full back to play on Dunstall. What a great sight that was! Typical Blighty move, humiliating his own players as only he could.

"First I look for the dream spot right in front of the door, then I slowly expand out in concentric circles."
Keep Calm Chill Out GIF

I have managed to get a couple of tickets this morning. So hurry if you’re keen to go. Especially if you want to sit with other Hawks.

The drive to Geelong & back will be like a carpark. Recommend the VLine if you can. Easy walk from South Geelong station.

Remove this Banner Ad

GMHBA Bound Round 17 Advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back