News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

What will we get for Alex Keath?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You have control of his contract, it wouldn't matter.

You just force a trade a year later, which even at a reduced value does still send a message.
We have given more than enough players away for next to nothing this trade period - time to play hardball and unfortunately for the Dogs, keath is the one that it will hopefully happen with

if Keath nominates for the draft, is it the main draft or the preseason draft (if it is still around). If it is te main draft, we can now threaten to use pick 28 on him to his manager which falls before the bulldogs picks after 13. However if it is the preseason draft then GC may take him but if not, we finished below the dogs so we can absolutely guarantee we will take him before them - again to lever the bargaining position
I doubt it. In both drafts Keath will include his contract demands. I imagine if its 4 years on big coin we'd pass. The best opportunity for us is to negotiate a contract before he nominates for the draft.

We have actually stuffed this up badly. We should not have caved on greenwood so easily and then we could have told both you can go to the PSD if a deal can't be struck. GC could only take one and we would have been in a good spot to take the other back - a great great bargaining tool to get better draft capital. I'd take a pick around 20 for both (one going PSD and the other forcing a better trade) rather than 3 or 4 picks in the 50's and 60's and off into the future

We lost our best contested pack mark with Greenwood going. I was fine for him to go, but at a decent price, I think we caved in.

We will bend over for Keath too, its coming. Lube up.

We have given more than enough players away for next to nothing this trade period - time to play hardball and unfortunately for the Dogs, keath is the one that it will hopefully happen with

To be fair in most cases it was out of necessity.

Greenwood was baffling, and I look forward to that explanation as to why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You bag that deal and just pose that ridiculous one for Keath that this board would erupt over?

I would have accepted a straight swap for pick 32.

Two picks in the 30s is more than enough given Jenkins has no value and Geelong have too many picks

We are better off letting Keath go for nothing than accept that, Jenkins should have nothing to do with this deal.
We could on trade those two picks to Fremantle for pick 22 and give them more points for their first round NGA kid.

Its way better than nothing or pick 45. And we're going to get nothing for Jenkins so may as well try and extract value

The reason the Dogs are offering unders is because we have a history of caving at the trade table, their banking on us doing it again. Time to grow a pair and let Keath go for nothing to send a message that we're not accepting unders at the trade table anymore. If we cave, it will be used against us next year, again.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

Back