News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

What will we get for Alex Keath?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have grabbed the 32 and 51 for Keathy and then traded 51 and Jenkins + salary % for 37 .
Besides 4 we could have had 23 , 28 , 32 and 37 . Package a couple of those to move up or just load up .

This is the hope .....we bloody well not be taking a future pick

No way Dogs even offer it, they have a potential no 1 pick in their academy right now.

If they don't do this, I hope they don't get him and next year when they are a key defender of quality short in their push for a flag, they might just think why didn't we take a 10 place drop in the even draft to make sure we had Keath
I think they're a few things away in truth, but not getting Keath is a big blow.

if Keath nominates for the draft, is it the main draft or the preseason draft (if it is still around). If it is te main draft, we can now threaten to use pick 28 on him to his manager which falls before the bulldogs picks after 13. However if it is the preseason draft then GC may take him but if not, we finished below the dogs so we can absolutely guarantee we will take him before them - again to lever the bargaining position

if Keath nominates for the draft, is it the main draft or the preseason draft (if it is still around). If it is te main draft, we can now threaten to use pick 28 on him to his manager which falls before the bulldogs picks after 13. However if it is the preseason draft then GC may take him but if not, we finished below the dogs so we can absolutely guarantee we will take him before them - again to lever the bargaining position
Psd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the hope .....we bloody well not be taking a future pick
Doggies won't be sending 1st round future picks to us, they have NGA Jamarra Ugle-Hagan who could be a top 3 pick and I think a very good Ballarat Rebel's youngster Nick Stevens is also eligible from their Academy next year who I really rate, possibly a 1st rounder too.

Doggies won't be sending 1st round future picks to us, thwey have Jamarra Ugle-Hagan who could be a top 3 pick and I think a very good Ballarat Rebel's youngster Nick Stevens is also eligible from their Academy next year who I really rate, possibly a 1st rounder too.
Then I think the circuit breaker could have been Keath + our 2020 2nd for their pick 13. Valuable points for next year to help match the bids

Maybe ADEL and GC get togther and do a trade ...in about an hours time ....after explaining to Keath, they can't get a deal done with the Dogs

If a club picks him up in the PSD, and it’s not the Bulldogs, then I believe he has to sit out football for a year, if he doesn’t want to play for the team that has met his asking price and contract in the PSD

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Then I think the circuit breaker could have been Keath + our 2020 2nd for their pick 13. Valuable points for next year to help match the bids

We potentially need points just as badly as the Dogs will.

If a club picks him up in the PSD, and it’s not the Bulldogs, then I believe he has to sit out football for a year, if he doesn’t want to play for the team that has met his asking price and contract in the PSD

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You have control of his contract, it wouldn't matter.

You just force a trade a year later, which even at a reduced value does still send a message.

I reckon this should be a three way trade:

Bulldogs
In: Keath, Pick 17
Out: 13, 45

Geelong
Out: 17, 36, 37
In: Jenkins, 13, 45

Adelaide
In: 36, 37
Out: Jenkins, Keath
Overs for JJ unders for Keath.

Not sure I like it.

We have actually stuffed this up badly. We should not have caved on greenwood so easily and then we could have told both you can go to the PSD if a deal can't be struck. GC could only take one and we would have been in a good spot to take the other back - a great great bargaining tool to get better draft capital. I'd take a pick around 20 for both (one going PSD and the other forcing a better trade) rather than 3 or 4 picks in the 50's and 60's and off into the future

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gone: Alex Keath wants to be traded to the Bulldogs

Back