Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Good:

Thompson- Give him the yellow jacket already. unbelievable! 38 disposals, 7 tackles and 10 clearances. I would turn

Walker- Back to back 4 goals, a chase down and HTB, plenty of give to his teammates. This is what a real forward does

Bicks- Nice move putting Stiffy up front in the last. 2 important goals

Gunna- Can't wait for him to bulk up

Jacobs- Seriously a great get by the club. Was immense in the last

Armstrong- Nice last qtr. Played well under pressure. He can stay for next year

VB: Another great captains game. A couple of mistakes, but did a lot more good than bad

The last qtr. I know they were out on their legs, but its great to come back from 3 goals down. Doesn't happen much for us

Bad:

Vince: Nothing game. Good to shit in 1 week

Danger: Same as Vince, but its only his second game as a full time mid. Edit: forgot about the tackle on Raines in the last! Game saver!

Knights: gave us nothing before injured

Drummond: for suggesting Smith, Talia and Danger back to SANFL

Ugly:

Our kicking in the 3rd. Should have won by 6 goals had we converted and not turned it over so much

Skills need to be worked on majorly over summer

Great win!

Good
Jacobs -arguably best on ground.
Our tackling has improved outta sight.
Gunston showing he can be a dangerous forward.
Thommo and vB- GREAT LEADERSHIP all day.

Bad
Third quarter turnovers

Ugly
Some really dumb decision making by our players

Good
We dug deep and won
We didn't sit back and relax once we hit the lead
Otten forcing the OOF in the dying seconds
Aiden Riley - outstanding first full game
Gunston - forward line going to be extremely potent in the next 10-12 years with Gunston, Walker and Tippett up there.
An away win - first away win in 12 months, which coincidentally was also against Brisbane at the Gabba!
In a round where it's been blowout city, isn't it fantastic to see a tight finish

Bad
Second and third quarters
Our defence - Brisbane conceding over 100 points is simply unacceptable and not good enough
van Berlo - for every good thing he did he made 5 clangers. Generally a liability on the field, and I still have no idea how he won the Showdown medal last week.

Ugly
We have Geelong next week

Good
We dug deep and won
Gunston - forward line going to be extremely potent in the next 10-12 years with Gunston, Walker and Tippett up there.

Bad
Our defence - Brisbane conceding over 100 points is simply unacceptable and not good enough
van Berlo - for every good thing he did he made 5 clangers. Generally a liability on the field, and I still have no idea how he won the Showdown medal last week.

Ugly
Very harsh on vB there mate. His last two weeks have been much, much better than most of his games over the last few years.

Good: Bicks & Co...Sauce - Brilliant, Thommo & VB... a whole raft of cameo's from many players - well done boys! fought it out to the end...

Bad: Our foot skill and work rate to create space and then use it...
CHB is a gaping hole at the moment...needs to be filled - Sam Fisher???

Ugly: 2nd Qtr was a NC furball...

GOOD
- Jacobs, thought he was one of our best today, if not the best (we struggled in ruck with Maric v Leuenberger)
- Thommo and vB - both were fantastic today!!!
- Walker - slotted 4 good goals, and great tackle for HTB
- Gunston - led well all day, 3 goals too.
- Doughty - underrated and usually gets the toughest opponents that no one else wants (e.g. McGrath)
- Stiffy!!! amazing contested mark for a small bloke and against 2 opponents, not to mention converting and putting the Crows in front
- Hendo - gets a lot of crap from BF members, but he took a strong mark in the dying stages of the game and kicked truly.
- Armstrong played well for his first AFL game in...can't remember how long it's been
- come from behind win! who would've thought

BAD
- Jacobs handpassing to a running Ivan Maric???
- too many high loopy kicks putting players under pressure
- poor entries into the forwardline
- Vince, Danger, Pets, Smith never really got into the game at all
- Talia... depending on Luke Thompson's SANFL form, there could be a tiny crack opening up
- is it just my bias opinion, or did Reilly play poorly today?

UGLY
- turnovers and skill errors, esp by foot - horrible to watch
- bad decision making at times
Bad
pretty sure Thommo had just as many, if not more, clangers.

Bad

Uh...

What the ****?

Of all the clownishly stubborn, unwilling to give credit when its due comments this board has hosted this might just take the cake.

Good
Willingness to take risks and take the game on.
General speed of ball movement.
The move of Stiffy forward actually worked for once.
A character-building comeback.
Thompson continuing his B+F form with a BOG.
Sloane's second half after a quiet start.
Gunston providing a great target and looking more and more comfortable with each game.
Van Berlo turning his season around in the past few weeks.
Henderson having an impact in the last quarter.
Armstrong possibly saving his career.
Everything about Aidan Riley.

Bad
Skill execution and decision making still lacking.
2nd and 3rd quarters saw a lot of dumb football.
Quality players (Dangerfield, Vince, Knights) barely sighted.

Ugly
Brent Reilly's don't argue.
Armstrong's mo.

Good - Otten returning to his form of a couple of years ago. Poise and great defensive marks but impressive of all was his ability with the left handed spoils, on occasion getting the ball to ground and gathering again for a clearance.

Bad/Good - The constant moves into the centre corridor. It was high risk and often failed but when it worked the results were impressive.

Ugly - Talia and Maric looked like they were moving in concrete at times. Too slow and need to find the mental speed ....that then transfers to their limbs:)

If it wasn't for some good things he did in the last quarter, he would have been in the ugly category.
You have to be kidding right? Kicked 2 bloody critical goals, dominated the clearances along with Thommo, and was easily in our top 3 today (behind Thommo and Jacobs). Also put his head over the ball all game like a captain should. Seriously, get a grip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good
* Thommo
* Jacobs
* Gunston
* The fact that our player seemed to give a shit that we were behind
* VB lifting out of 17th place in the worst captain stakes. Take a bow Dom Cassisi, the trophy's yours.
* Walker - I thought he was average but still kicked four. That's what you want from your forward. No domination but still walks away with goals against his name.

Bad
* Reilly. FFS
* Bernie Vince. Not a good audition for the Essendon job mate.

Ugly
* The over-the-top reaction to Bickley winning two games against clubs who flat out couldn't win an internal trial. Great to see us win and fantastic to see the players lift but fair dinkum, it's not like we've beaten anyone of note. Let's get some perspective here. Not bothering to listen to 5AA post-match as I know the jizzfest that they'll be having over Bicks.

You have to be kidding right? Kicked 2 bloody critical goals, dominated the clearances along with Thommo, and was easily in our top 3 today (behind Thommo and Jacobs). Also put his head over the ball all game like a captain should. Seriously, get a grip.

Made a few shockers as well, particularly in the first half. Also gave away an incredibly dumb 50 towards the end of the second quarter that gave Brisbane all the momentum going into the half time break.

I didn't think he had a great game, but it appears many on here thought he played well. I think I'll have to agree to disagree on this one before this thread gets derailed on this debate - it's not worth a win as gutsy as this being bogged down here by a debate on whether van Berlo had a good game or a poor game.

Made a few shockers as well, particularly in the first half. Also gave away an incredibly dumb 50 towards the end of the second quarter that gave Brisbane all the momentum going into the half time break.

I didn't think he had a great game, but it appears many on here thought he played well. I think I'll have to agree to disagree on this one before this thread gets derailed on this debate - it's not worth a win as gutsy as this being bogged down here by a debate on whether van Berlo had a good game or a poor game.
He had his 2nd very good game in a row mate, you seem to be the only one who can't see it. The 50 he gave away was very soft, McGrath took a nice little dive. I actually thought his first half was better than his 2nd, so again you seem misguided there. Showing finally why we made him captain of this proud club.:thumbsu:

Good:

Thompson - superstar, nuf said!
Walker - played somewhat for the team today. Kicked the important goals. Should play him every week.
Gunston - great marking ability and speed for size. Looking forward to more KG and more game time!
Jacobs - brilliant at everything.
Armstrong - I thought he was a gonna this year. His game today totally changed that. His kicking is a little weak, but he gets in the right spots and makes good decisions.
Riley - that hit in the last Q was awesome. Showing some real fight.
VB - Real captains performance.
Stiffy - shut down a tricky banfield, and kicked the goals that mattered.

Bad:
Vince - dunno what's happening to him. Doesn't run as hard, play as hard as he should
Talia - played with decent effort but poor kicking let him down
Maric - ok, he did average, but i hope once others return from injury, he goes.

Ugly:
Kicking
Decision making in points (particularly Talia, Henderson, Reilly)

I know there are lots of Reilly haters, but he actually did a good job on Power today. Didn't see much of Power for most of the match.

The Good

Thommo - anyone on here that reckons he isn't an absolute A grader hasn't got a clue...GUN!!!

Gunston - This kid can really play, great hands, get him on a long contract pronto.

VB - Finally leading from the front, great stuff!!

Sauce - Liking his aggression, think big Ivan's inclusion has helped him too, allowing him to get a rest and run games out better, a big factor in today's win IMO!!

Tex - what I really liked about his game today was his work when we didn't have possession, layed a couple of perfect tackles!!!

Armstrong - seemed a lot more composed under pressure than I remember, promise of better to come.

Stiffy - Game Breaker!!

The Bad

Footskills!!!

The Ugly

Footskills

Turnovers that led to Lion's goals

The Good
Consecutive wins.
Scott Thompson
The determination of all the players.
Brodie Smith a couple of nice clearances.
Jack Gunston what an exciting prospect he's becoming.
Sam Jacobs if only we got him to the club sooner.
Walker's defensive pressure and tackling.
Playing attacking creative footy.

The Bad
Lacking a 3rd tall defender

The Ugly
Knights injury
Foot skills
Innaccuracy in front of goals.
Delivery to our forwards.
Taking so long to play the sort of footy we are playing at the moment.

The Brilliant:
We actually won a game that we were losing at 3 qtr time.

The Good:
Tex. 4 goals again, kicked them when we needed them
Gunna. Another superb game. Just needs to work on his accuracy.
Thommo, if we didn’t have you, we’d be where Port is now. B&F is in the bag
Sammy J, Finally we have a dominant ruckman
Armstrong. He played well.
Riley, tackling machine
VB, he's like a whole new player playing under Bickley. Last two games have been very good
Stiffy, match winner

The Bad:
We have a quarter like our second against Geelong next week, and we’ll be down by about 15 goals before we can blink
Reilly-just GTFO

The Ugly:
Our foot skills

Thought I would throw some love toward Otten, who I thought played great today, not only down back but also rebounded very well and covered lots of space. Especially considering the davis saga during the week, its good to see him really showing some form down back that made us all so excited about him two years ago.

Thought I would throw some love toward Otten, who I thought played great today, not only down back but also rebounded very well and covered lots of space. Especially considering the davis saga during the week, its good to see him really showing some form down back that made us all so excited about him two years ago.

Won us the game with that tackle in the dying stages in Brisbane's forward line.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Good
We dug deep and won
An away win - first away win in 12 months, which coincidentally was also against Brisbane at the Gabba!
In a round where it's been blowout city, isn't it fantastic to see a tight finish

Bad

Ugly
Nathan "General Liability" van Berlo? :p

Actually he has been pretty solid the last couple of weeks.

Also, GUNSTON!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back