Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly v Port Adelaide Round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Our clearance tactics at the moment seem to be simply: win ball, handball to under pressure team mate, handball to under pressure team mate, handball to under pressure team mate, hack kick forward... Hope.

I hate losing to Port Adelaide, regardless of ladder position. Hate it.

Good:
Very little.
Seedsman, Brown played well.
Thilthorpe can hold his head up.

Bad:
So much, I hardly know where to start.
Crows played schoolboy-style footy ie get ball/kick ball. I lost track of the number of times that our blokes took possession, wheeled around and hook-kicked the ball around their body blindly.
Absolutely blindly :grimacing: *tears hair*.
So many basic skill errors from tentative, hang-back uncertainty.
So many passengers, ineffective disposals.
PA-intercept marks in their D50 (several from bad kicks to PA chests).

Ugly:
Lycett dumping MCHenry. Deliberate, mongrel act.

The only highlight from tonight was the guy running on the ground at half time. Port were okay and we were uncompetitive. That was early season 2020 like. No positives from tonight.

The Good - The effort

The Bad - we are in desparate need of 3 key postions, a big bodied backman and an elite midfielder and a goal sneak

The Ugly - Kicking , it's been an issue for years and probably the difference tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scoreboard blew out but it was always on the cards. Hate to mention the umps but we were torched, particularly in the first half.

Those bagging Nicks need to get a grip, the effort was great. You can't be a shit coach and generate that level of effort.

Butts as the only KPD needs to stop though. Now. The structure is all wrong down back, McAsey or Murray need to play.

Laird, Butts, Seedsman, Brown, Keays, Harry all good. Riley coulda kicked 3 in 10 minutes in the 3rd, love him.

McPherson confidence is shot, needs a spell. Hamill didnt look right.

Tex was 2020 levels of hot garbage. Dmac and Kelly...yeah they're experienced but we need to move on. And Lycett should cop the Neal-Bullen treatment the grub.

Big improvement on last week, but not sure where the next win comes from but in a rebuild year that shouldnt really matter.

He ran on the ground but didn't give up much of fight. He ran towards the security guard and was tackled. I was expecting him to goose step around him.
Pretty good tackle by the security guard. Better than some of our players

How many first quarter concussions before the AFL brings in a yellow card red card rule? Sure Lycett was garbage all night, but one less sub for Port would have evened things up. Stupid shit should be punished at the time, not next week. Take away the stupid goal review and replace it with concussion review. We were lucky to get past Geelong, but it's now cost us twice this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly v Port Adelaide Round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back