Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

We need 2 big blokes in defense Otto would be 4-5 " shorter than Keath and massively slower. Keath has a better kick than Otten and Hartigan.
If he keeps playing well. I recon he stays Hartigan/ Otten the backups to Keath until he has a mare.

I don't need much convincing on this but I think you've got me onside. Keath has done well in do or die match ups. So far another success story.

The Jobe Watson cheer was never supposed to go for four minutes. It was just supposed to be for the fourth minute of the fourth quarter. I agree though that it barely lasted 20 seconds and was fairly half hearted.

The crowd was also encouraged to cheer every touch of his throughout the whole game. That didn't happen at all.
Did he have many?

Keath is 198 and 97kg. Talia is 197 and 99kg. So he's taller by 1cm, lighter by 2kg and faster than Talia.

Daniher is 200cm and 95kg and Dixon is also 200cm and 105kg.

But the difference in experience is light years. It makes all the difference in the world. Keath isn't going to stand a chance on Buddy right now, but in 12 months time (25 games later) it would be a much closer contest. I agree with your earlier comment that the development we can give Keath this Friday will be invaluable by giving him some game time to match up on Buddy and learn as much as possible. Even Talia wont be able to match up on Buddy so the key will be not letting the mids give him grade-A service. I look forward to Keath on Tippett. I think he can beat him which would be a huge result.

I love watching Brodie Smith. Really instrumental for us. Great in defence and such a zone breaker.

Douglas has also come out of no where to have a stellar year. One of our best along with Crouch, Smith and Atkins. Adds a lot of clean ball use and speed.

Keath is getting more confidence and looks a player.

Mackay has had a decent second half of the year. Sticking some very good tackles. Can't complain about him atm.

Jenkins had a good game against Hurley. Really troubled Hurley in the air. Should have had another goal.

Where has this Atkins been? Looked a class above out there at times.

I think Matt Crouch is actually improving visibly each game. I thought he had a limited ceiling but he continue to push towards being an elite midfielder. Never thought he would get there but now it looks possible. Becoming a really smart footballer both by hand and foot. Loads of confidence now.

Brad Crouch was back to his panic style of play. Trying too hard at the contest and looks too frantic.

Luke Brown is a fantastic little player. So dependable. Really calm player.

Betts had a tough night. Just wasn't happening for him.

Ball movement and spread was very good. Always had a player out the back to receive a handball when someone got in trouble.

I bet next week that we will see Keath matched up on Buddy for periods of the game. We are keen to keep him the last defender on the line, and Talia the one that goes on the lead up forward, but I think Keath has some nice attributes to go with Buddy as well as being a fellow left footer.

Yes to bolded. :thumbsu:

Yes to bolded. :thumbsu:

This is what most people don't realise in the way our defence sets up. It's not normally all of our backmen having an assigned specific player, rather we set up in respect to Talia takes the lead up tall forward, Keath (and this used to be Hartigan's role too) is the closer to goal tall forward. Lever or Kelly has the third tall/mid depending on the size of the forward line. Brown is the back pocket. Laird and then Smith across the half back line. When Macdonald-Tipungwuti was closer to goal, Brown had him. When he went up the ground Smith had him.

******* horseshit.

Mods please ban this lying sack of shit.

at 11:26 he's posting fine.

at 11:30 he's complaining about being king hit

So we're seriously meant to believe that within a 4 minute period he got hit in the head badly enough to get 'badly concussed' and then immediately make a completely coherent post on bigfooty (https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/51847164/). Please note that post linked is HIM posting, not his 'partner' like here.

In fact can someone tell me how I report this conduct to an admin? Because this person should be perma banned from this entire site.
Thank you.

Why do people bother doing such stupid things. Too much time on their hands.

Keath hasn't had any great games he infact has had some poor ones but he did ok last night he needs to have a good one this week against the swans but so does CC in my view otherwise I would replace both

But only if Harto is available for Keath

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice underrating of Keath there.

He gave Danniher a bath whilst he was on him (Danniher kicked all three goals when matched up on Lever), and did admirably on Stewart when they switched; whilst providing some offensive drive.

Was an impressive performance from a player of his experience.

Perhaps I was coaching soccer and looking after my kids?
It doesn't matter if they were mates or not.

Daniher was being a dickhead, thinking that the Bombers were on fire and it was his day. Then he played pathetically from that point on and they got belted which has cost them their season.

The biggest and most costly on-field backfire I can remember.

'Just a bit of fun' - no. We had fun. Essendon toppled out of the 8 and had no fun.

Pull your ugly head in, Joe.

Nice underrating of Keath there.

He gave Danniher a bath whilst he was on him (Danniher kicked all three goals when matched up on Lever), and did admirably on Stewart when they switched; whilst providing some offensive drive.

Was an impressive performance from a player of his experience.

Played ok I read the sen report they said he was solid

Harto has played far far far better

Or are you saying the best of Keath is better than the best of Harto

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe check further along and see that VelvetSledge was telling the truth. Charges have been laid against the idiot.
Him saying charges have been laid is hardly proof. There are aspects of this whole story that make absolutely no sense so you can understand peoples cynicism.

Anyway thats enough from me on this.

"2. Crows make a Giant statement
Greater Western Sydney has shaken off its mid-season funk over the past two rounds, its imposing wins over Melbourne and last year's premiers, the Western Bulldogs, suggesting it's getting its act together for a widely anticipated tilt at this year's flag. But if the Giants' wins over the Demons and Dogs were statements to the rest of the competition, Adelaide has responded quickly and emphatically. First, there was last round's 84-point mauling of cross-town rival Port Adelaide and, on Saturday night, the Crows outclassed another finals contender in Essendon. Adelaide stamped its authority early with a five-goal first quarter where it simply did not allow the Bombers to get their hands on the ball. Essendon did not give up and continued to take the challenge to the Crows. But when the Dons hit the front 10 minutes into the second term, Adelaide responded with seven goals in a row. And when the Bombers surged in the third and fourth quarters, the Crows always found the answers to keep them at bay. Don Pyke's men blew a top-four spot last year with a shock loss to West Coast at home in round 23. But Saturday night's win practically guarantees them a top-two spot and a home qualifying final. More importantly, the past two rounds suggest the Crows will rise to any challenges thrown at them in the remainder of the season. - Nick Bowen"
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-13/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-21

They didn't even make the 4 minutes. It was more like 1 and then they all sat back down again.

In a bizarre way, it took the crowd out of the game. Normally you are reacting to what's happening on the ground but when you are reacting to the rest of the crowd and scoreboard display you can't lift, or go off at an umpire, or whatever you need to do to get involved with the play.

Was on the tram going to the G today and overheard a kid complaining to his dad that he didn't like the Crows because they were too good.
Exactly how I felt about Brisbane under Matthews and more recently Hawthorn under Clarkson. Love seeing both out of the 8, but Clarkson will bounce the Hawks back again.
Don't like Clarkson --- he's too good.

Forget the Showdown and the other recent games....the win against Geelong was far and away our best win of the season (best win in years)....in regards to how we actually played. The aggression and mongrel we brought to the table was through the roof.
This!
Now we have to reproduce that, three times in a row in September.

Love watching the Crows in form.
All the best for the rest of season 2017
Jeez you Essendon fans are a fair mob and good losers, thanks.
I love watching the Crows in full flight too. Their willingness to run and spread to create opportunities is becoming elite, especially when you see a lot of the running is unrewarded when play is switched. I think also their footskills have improved a lot, almost Hawthorn-like when Hawthorn were dominating.
I'm a Crows fan since their inception but some of their wins this year have involved beautiful teamwork and footy, best I've seen since dunno when.

Mackay has had a decent second half of the year. Sticking some very good tackles. Can't complain about him atm.
Really good post overall.
I'm happy to see Mackay lift his game and his tackle count and look more like he's in our best 22. His anticipation and outside running to position is topnotch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Essendon, Round 21. TOP 2 = SEALED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back