Goodes To Become Swans Games Record Holder This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
A lot is going on this week and last but lets focus on a positive.

We all know this week Adam Goodes becomes the Games records holder for this club but it deserves it's own thread.

This is an achievement well deserved for a club leader. While obviously blessed with some natural athleticism, and talent Michael O’Loughlan highlighted in the MX yesterday that Goodes never rested on his talented and is a work machine on the training track and practices his skills and set plays longer and harder.

The fact he went from Ruckman, to midfielder and in transitioning to a forward is great testament to his work ethic and team ethos.

He’s perfect example of how to play hard, maybe push the contest up to the line while rarely crossing it. Has in all his time never left an opponent hurt, just simply grasping in his devastating wake.

Goodes has a place beside Kelly and Skilton as one of the three giant pillars of the club.

It’s been a real joy watching you play for the Swans and a sense of irrational pride that you belong to the Swans.

Congratulations Adam.

hear hear! shame he couldn't break the record in front of the home crowd at the scg against north. hopefully o'loughlin makes an appearance to celebrate the occasion, but more importantly, let's get him (and the team) a win!

And of course hoping that the Hawks allow some level of pre game activity for us to acknowledge the momentous occasion for our club.

Mighty Mick is playing for Avondale Heights on Anzac Day in Melbourne. He was interviewed on SEN the other day and said he would be going down to tassie for Goodsey's game, as long as he was able to walk after playing.

Forgot to mention, it has been an absolute pleasure to watch Goodesy's career to date. He has been a champion of the game and the club and still has a lot left in him as he shows no signs of slowing down. Onwards to 400.

Was so disappointed that he got suspended so we couldn't celebrate up here in Sydney with him. He came into the team just as I got into the game as an 8yo and I've been able to watch his entire career which has been a joy. Still has at the very least 2 years left in him too.

Let's just hope the boys really get up for the game to honour one of the club's greatest 2 players of all time.

Was so disappointed that he got suspended so we couldn't celebrate up here in Sydney with him. He came into the team just as I got into the game as an 8yo and I've been able to watch his entire career which has been a joy. Still has at the very least 2 years left in him too.

Let's just hope the boys really get up for the game to honour one of the club's greatest 2 players of all time.

Well said. They still have to make up for his 300th game as well. Hopefully that is fresh in their minds.

He is unbelievable.
Can't think of anyone more deserving.

The stand out players for me supporting the Swans over the last seven years have been Kirk, O'Loughlin, Goodes and Hall.

Obviously the other three have moved on, but Goodes has remained. Massive congratulations to him, and after the talk that Harvey could make the 400, hope we could get Goodes hot on his trail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans fans beware.

Adam Goodes will come under attack this week on the main board in the lead up to his record breaking game.

We will see some regular trolls appear. For those prepared to join the defence don’t get sucked in to the troll level response but ask them to justify their comments with proof and tribunal records of equivalent 300 game players.

and if a comment passes through a thread in isolation sometimes it's best leaving one for the keeper.

Swans fans beware.

Adam Goodes will come under attack this week on the main board in the lead up to his record breaking game.

We will see some regular trolls appear. For those prepared to join the defence don’t get sucked in to the troll level response but ask them to justify their comments with proof and tribunal records of equivalent 300 game players.

and if a comment passes through a thread in isolation sometimes it's best leaving one for the keeper.

Thanks Cas, I agree with your strategy as well :thumbsu:

Am I being sensitive or is this pretty lame by Barry here.

I don't think that stuff needs to be said when he's about to celebrate breaking the record and how is it a shame that he's taking the record from O'Loughlin?

To be honest I never really saw Goodes as soft, and we've all seen what Hall considers to be tough so I'm not sure he should be talking at all.

Am I being sensitive or is this pretty lame by Barry here.

I don't think that stuff needs to be said when he's about to celebrate breaking the record and how is it a shame that he's taking the record from O'Loughlin?

To be honest I never really saw Goodes as soft, and we've all seen what Hall considers to be tough so I'm not sure he should be talking at all.

Im not sure Hall is bagging Goodes. Maybe he is. It sounds like he was saying that Goodes was labelled as soft and he has turned that label around. I agree they are strange comments though.

I think before roo's stuck him in the ruck he was a little soft. I wouldn't say he was a soft player and that was very early.

Remember when Goodes started playing, sydney had that whole "thug" label down in Mexico so maybe to the rest of the team he was considered soft.

Plus let's face it Barry's the sort of bloke that would call a man soft for not smashing a car window with his fist after he locked his keys inside.

Congratulations to Adam on his remarkable achievement of 304 games and the Swans games record holder.

Reiterate what others have posted previously ... it's been a pleasure Adam 'Charlie' Goodes - The Everywhere Man.

Congrats Goodesy.

Champion of the game. Can play anywhere and everywhere. Probably one of the greatest all rounders/utilities the game has seen.

AFL Hall of Fame beckons.

And I still reckon he is under rated by many....

My BF nickname probably says it all really... I'm always asking opposition supporters "You GTG??" and noone ever does. :p

If I had a Swans top 3 it would be Kelly, Kirk & Goodes.

No disrespect to the club legends like Skilton or Bedford, I honour them but I never grew up watching them and don't have the same attachment to them.

I remember growing up with and watching players like Kelly, Roos, Dunkley, Luff, Lewis, Stuey M, Crezza, Crouchy, Schwass, Plugga, the Boltons, Kirky, Leo, McVeigh, Hall, Nick Davis! Nick Davis!, Kennelly, Malceski, RoKy. Now there's Kizza and Hanners (Future co-captains right there), Kennedy, Reid, Mummy, MightyMouse, Jetts... and my soft spot for the man beast Teddy... As well as my irish blood meaning I love Walsh even before I've seen him play a full game...

Of all of these people, no one has dedicated more games to our club than Mickey O & Goodesy and noone has played alongside more blood brothers than Goodes has. He has basically played alongside all of the players (less Skilton & Bedders) I have mentioned so far. If anything else that helps to prove the fact he has to be seen as one of our most versitile and dynamic players. You know a player will be a legend of our game when you leave the game and feel honoured to have seen the man play footy up close. I feel that whenever I see Goodes play live.

He deserves nothing but pure bloods determination, strength, courage and sacrifice this weekend. He owes our club nothing, we owe him everything we can give. Hopefully our boys give that to him. Everything they have. Leave nothing on the field and honour Adam the way he has honoured our club. With everything boys.

Congrats Goodesy, thankyou!! :D:thumbsu:

I don't think you had to have watched Skilton to rank him as the greatest Swan of all time. 9 time B&F winner and triple Brownlow Medallist is pretty remarkable.

Despite never seeing him play, those facts in and of themselves make it impossible for me to rank Goodes above him notwithstanding the love and admiration I have for number 37. He's 2nd over Kelly IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes To Become Swans Games Record Holder This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back