Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

With the announcement of the umpires as Stevic, Meredith, Foot and Fleer, and the former two being involved in every one of our GF's since 2012, I feel sick.

In the two games where we were competitive (2012 and 2016) these campaigners were a part of reward 41 frees to the opposition and 18 to us. If this is a close game and we are on the end of something like that again, I may well burn AFL House to the ground.

Let it be added that Stevic is the only one from our game that got through to the last final after being seen to be the one paying the most 50-50 frees against us.

He also mentioned Ted Richards 2012 and I found that quite alarming.

Agree there should be no room for sentiment anymore. Injuries have burned us in the last two Grand Finals. I hope like hell Longmire learned his lesson. Just make the brutal call.
To be fair, I think with Richards he had the type of injury he could play through with a jab and strapping. We shouldn't be risking with soft tissue one's like we did with Reid and possibly Mills. Although that's just me.

With the announcement of the umpires as Stevic, Meredith, Foot and Fleer, and the former two being involved in every one of our GF's since 2012, I feel sick.

In the two games where we were competitive (2012 and 2016) these campaigners were a part of reward 41 frees to the opposition and 18 to us. If this is a close game and we are on the end of something like that again, I may well burn AFL House to the ground.

Let it be added that Stevic is the only one from our game that got through to the last final after being seen to be the one paying the most 50-50 frees against us.
Stevic is one of Mike Fitzpatricks boys.

Hey guys, have a mate in Sydney who is unable to go but has access to 3 standing room tickets Level 1. PM for details. He is happy to meet up in person to complete the transaction.

Your tix Muji to do as you please, but if you could give preference to a Swans member who dipped out on the ballot and a long-time BF poster that would be much appreciated. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gets mentioned it'll be brutal to tell Mills he can't play, but never how brutal it'll be to tell Robbie Fox he can't

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back