Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of 2022 and reid in this thread.

People forget that ted richards literally couldnt walk in 2012.

There will be a number of players playing injured (McInerney and Hayward looking at their knees, campbell, mcdonald and paley are all injured). McInerney was better this week but to my eyes was still hampered on the ground. The guy who was getting all the way from goal square to goal square wasnt there this week.

The real question is whether Mills is capable of running out the game and whether the next best option is better than what Millse can give carrying the injury. I thought in 2022 it was worth a shot because reid was structurally our most important player all year until they announced that mclean was to ruck for him. That should have been the signal that it wasnt worth it as it meant he wasnt going to be able to do the structural element necessary and horse shouldnt have played him. But who else was going to play on buddy in 2012 - LRT or Grundy. Neither would have worked. Ted gave his all even when noticeably hampered.

They'll have to make hard calls based on who else is available and what they can give you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of 2022 and reid in this thread.

People forget that ted richards literally couldnt walk in 2012.

There will be a number of players playing injured (McInerney and Hayward looking at their knees, campbell, mcdonald and paley are all injured). McInerney was better this week but to my eyes was still hampered on the ground. The guy who was getting all the way from goal square to goal square wasnt there this week.

The real question is whether Mills is capable of running out the game and whether the next best option is better than what Millse can give carrying the injury. I thought in 2022 it was worth a shot because reid was structurally our most important player all year until they announced that mclean was to ruck for him. That should have been the signal that it wasnt worth it as it meant he wasnt going to be able to do the structural element necessary and horse shouldnt have played him. But who else was going to play on buddy in 2012 - LRT or Grundy. Neither would have worked. Ted gave his all even when noticeably hampered.

They'll have to make hard calls based on who else is available and what they can give you.
Pretty sure Ted was given injections so he could play through the pain. That won't be the case with Mills.

Plus, the point some of us are making is that the alternative (Fox) has arguably been better than Mills this year (though we didn't even bother in the Prelim), and has the added bonus of performing well in our last grand final, and against our opponents this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back