Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Look out Melbourne...

Excited Breaking News GIF by Njorg

For what it is worth I have never been to a loosing preliminary or Grand Final, managed to jag some tickets to the GF a couple of days ago. I am normally never confident heading into a game, but last week flew up for the prelim and was confident and I am equally confident the Swans are bringing this cup home tomorrow, we have been the best team all year, let”s bring the the thunder tomorrow at the ‘G’.

Go the mighty Bloods

Well, its pissing down in Sydney and I'm in bed sick with cold & fever.

Have a great day at the GF Parade everyone - and if you've got enough energy left take a trip over to Whitton Oval to cheer on the AFLW team tonight.

Last edited:
Just to address potential PTSD from 2022.

Current Swans by total MCG games:

Brodie Grundy: 118
Luke Parker: 38
James Jordon: 37
Dane Rampe: 34

In Jordan and Grundy the Swans have imported a TONNE of MCG experience. Very useful especially on that wing.

I’m optimistic Jordon will be in his element tomorrow.

I'm now leaning towards
JJ on McCluggage
PaddleBum On Neale
Errol/Chad On Zorko

The last one to hurt Zorko the other way. Not suggesting shoot out, but would back our boys in.
McCluggage is a big game player. Kicked 2 last year and 3 against us earlier this season.
Neale and PaddleBum on the inside will be a great match up.

Defensively (if they line up how selected)
T-Mac - Daniher
Melican - Hipwood
Harry - Charlie
Lloyd - Bailey
Rampe - Rayner
Blakey - Berry
O-Flo - Fletcher

Oscar had 10 clearances last year in the GF. 4 as centre clearances.
Neale and Dunkley had 10 between them. Only 3 were in the centre. Need to win it in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm now leaning towards
JJ on McCluggage
PaddleBum On Neale
Errol/Chad On Zorko

The last one to hurt Zorko the other way. Not suggesting shoot out, but would back our boys in.
McCluggage is a big game player. Kicked 2 last year and 3 against us earlier this season.
Neale and PaddleBum on the inside will be a great match up.

Defensively (if they line up how selected)
T-Mac - Daniher
Melican - Hipwood
Harry - Charlie
Lloyd - Bailey
Rampe - Rayner
Blakey - Berry
O-Flo - Fletcher
I agree with you on Mccluggage. He is their equivalent to Errol, runs hard both ways, can find his own ball and is clean with disposal. He killed us during the regular season.

As I mentioned earlier, I think the fact Fagan is considering McKenna in for Answerth is quite significant. He is signalling that he is worried about how the clearances will work out without Big O and is looking at elevating the rebound off HB as a way of compensating. McKenna and Zorko both are looking to attack before defend whereas Answerth is a more traditional defender. Given Starcevich is their only true medium / small defender (Willmott is of a similar style to Zorko and McKenna) and will have his hands full with Paps, I think there is a golden opportunity for Wilbur and our mids pushing forward to dominate the ground balls. I would be giving considerable forward time to both Chad and Errol and encouraging our Mids to push up hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back