Mod. Notice Grand Final Tickets - Buy/Swap/Sell (Strictly Swans Supporters Only, READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get a choice where you sit.
Ahh yeah that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure I'll be in the AFL reserves because of my membership but who knows really. Do they set the tickets from the fence on level 1 and work backwards to the clouds? I'd be spewing if I got a seat at level 1 right in front of standing room. You can't see shit at those seats.

Had an offer of a cat 2 from a facebook friend ( I've stooped that low), but I stuck fat with my cat 3 mate ( and wife maybe, c'mon, 5 hours left!). Kinda guy I am, loyal and royally dumb. I did ask if I could pass it on here, but he wasn't keen, said he might have another friend who may want it. I may rue that decision.

Ahh yeah that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure I'll be in the AFL reserves because of my membership but who knows really. Do they set the tickets from the fence on level 1 and work backwards to the clouds? I'd be spewing if I got a seat at level 1 right in front of standing room. You can't see shit at those seats.
I was cat 3 2012 and was behind the goals and 20 degrees to the left of the Malceski end row x or something, but was a pretty good seat in the end.

so, no cat 3 codes at all? Will go ahead with the 2 I have for what it's worth, but for my mates sake, I really need to get his wife a ticket. On another note, IF we get tix, where in melbourne could we get a late room somewhere? 2012 I caught the overnight train down and back. Could do it again, but driving down is easier option with companions.

afraid not as I was unable to secure any priority 2s.

Is it actually possible to select the category of seating you want at any stage or is it just as the registration says... best available incl. standing room/best available minus standing room ?

Is it actually possible to select the category of seating you want at any stage or is it just as the registration says... best available incl. standing room/best available minus standing room ?
As MaccaKnowsBest said, no choice so could be 200 buck or 400 buck seats. As Cat 2 I'm limiting my options by selecting no standing room but when going with my mum and grandfather who are both getting older and struggle with their legs, standing room isn't really an option.

If we get through, you work out what category you get by how much cash gets lumped on your credit card.

Damn. Do you know if the way it works is priority 1 members get better chances of the best seats?

Or do they just put all the cat1,2 & 3 members who were successful into a random draw for the same pool of seats?

As MaccaKnowsBest said, no choice so could be 200 buck or 400 buck seats. As Cat 2 I'm limiting my options by selecting no standing room but when going with my mum and grandfather who are both getting older and struggle with their legs, standing room isn't really an option.

If we get through, you work out what category you get by how much cash gets lumped on your credit card.
Yeah, I went minus standing room accidentally. Cat 1 though so should be fine I imagine.

Hey guys,
Got 2 priority 3 barcodes for my father and I. Really worried that i wont have get any tickets in the ballot. Included a photo of my memberships as well as a photo of me at the 2012 grand final. :)

Attachments

• grandfinal1.jpg
    grandfinal1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 2
A friend of a friend just came through with the extra Priority 2 barcode that I was looking for, so you can take me of the list of people who are looking.

My best mate is stoked!

Best of luck to everyone who registers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A huge thankyou to the person who donated their membership barcode to me, might wish to remain nameless but it is very much appreciated!

Any regular posters with Category 2 want to go in together for the ballot? Hung out with chunkychicken in 2012 and had a great time

Hey Guys,

Because we have to put in our allocations for Grand Final tickets this week we thought we would start up a thread with a place for members to request barcodes and potentially tickets (if we make it that far).

I will create a list on this post for any posters that need a barcode or ticket to the game (the list will prioritise posters who have the most posts and have been a member of BigFooty for the longest).

A couple of rules.

1. Eligible posters must have at least 200 posts and have been a member of BigFooty for at least 6 months.
2. Financial members of the Sydney Swans Football Club will be given priority, though if you have a valid reason for not having a club membership (e.g. living interstate/overseas) you can still be eligible.
3. If you happen to have a spare barcode, what you choose to do with your extra barcode is entirely up to you, but we strongly suggest you follow the list order and/or stick to people that you know.
4. Barcodes can not be sold (only donated) and if we make the Grand Final, tickets must be sold at face value (If you scalp tickets for higher than face value, you will be banned).
5. I will not be going to Elsternwick Station on the morning of the Grand Final to recover Grand Final tickets sold to Hawks fans again.

If you have an spare barcode/ticket post in this thread and I will add your name to this post.

Members in need of Barcodes/Tickets

1. swansfan51 (Member since 2007, 5500 posts, From WA).
2. Cheer Red Blood (Member since 2003, 3000 posts, From Vic)
3. Costanza_ (Member since 2008, 4200 posts, Has an membership but is looking for one for his best friend, provided evidence of membership)
4. Refried Noodle (Member since 2005, 2000 posts, Category 3 membership)
5. Swansujelly (Member since 2009, 3000 posts, from NSW, Category 3 membership).
6. floppinab (Member since 2002, 700 Posts, Needs two cat 2 memberships so the rest of his family can go)
7. MaccaKnowsBest (Member since 2008, 1000 posts, From SA).
8. ntomby (Member since 2012, less than 200 posts, From SA, Category 3 membership (Has shown proof of membership).
9. Tommy221987 (Member since 2012, less than 200 posts, from the country, Category 3 membership).

Members who have spare or have given Barcodes/ Tickets

Thanks for reading and GO SWANS!!!

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-08/grand-final-ticketing-info

I'm only Priority 3, so may not get in anyway, but any of the regulars here are welcome to my barcode. I won't be able to go.

Bonz, will you sort it? Or will i just be getting PM's?

Good luck everyone...looks like I'll be running the gauntlet with the scalpers or hoping that freo or port get in and the MCC opens up for restricted members.

A huge thankyou to the person who donated their membership barcode to me, might wish to remain nameless but it is very much appreciated!

Any regular posters with Category 2 want to go in together for the ballot? Hung out with chunkychicken in 2012 and had a great time

you would just talk abut mike pyke all day :p

Good luck everyone, 2012 was unforgettable - sad I can't to it again because of the $$ but I know you will all cheer extra loud for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back