Great effort Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

narthola_04 said:
What did you expect him to do get down and rub the kids belly for him, hold his hand?? He did what he thought was the right thing in helping him up (i think we all agree he should have left the kid alone!) then got on with his job. I agree though about the first aid thing..i wonder if they are prepared if something serious happens on field? It's not so obvious when one has a bad hit to the head region which i guess could be just as serious. Lucky for josh he wasn't that serious but i imagine he will be very sore for a few days to come.

Here here, we all agree on something..end of topic :)
Agreed :)

parrot said:
Wierd interpretation of events. The Hawks had much more of the ball in the final term and should have won if they kicked some getable shots at goal. The fact that they had so many opportunities is again an example of StKilda's backiline defieciencies. Very lucky to get away with a win. "Getting the Saints players to think through...." not sure what you're on about there. So some of wierd justification for the Saints increasingly obvious deficiencies in the ruck and down back. I guess GT was "Getting the StKilda players to think through....blah blah" when they went down to Brisbane by 80 points in "that final" when both ruckman got a combined "1 kick" between them for the entire match. Reality ain't your strong point :)

Parrot you are either completely ignorant, completely stupid, or both.

I don't know where to start with the rubbish you posted above.

If you're referring to the St.Kilda backline form last week, then of course it has deficiencies. You could probably put that down to the fact that only 2 of them were senior footballers. The fact that they were both playing out of position might also explain why they were vunerable.

I'm not sure how Hawthorn having 11 less shots at goal than St.Kilda makes them unlucky to win. I might have to get you explain that one to me, I just can't quite work it out.

As for what Joffa is saying about Thomas leaving Hodge unmanned, how could anyone not agree with that sentiment? Well, unless you're name is Robert Walls. Why would you tag a back pocket player in round 1 of the Wizard Cup?? It's a practice match.

Did you also notice that all of St.Kilda's fringe players were on the ground in key positions when the game was up for grabs? Was this also an oversight of Thomas'?

As for the Brisbane game, I don't really the see the relevance. The Saints were thrashed that night - no one can argue with that. I just don't see the relevance of it seeing as they came out the very next week and won by 40 odd points, then got rid of one of the ruckman you mention.

You're posting is undoubtedly the most embarrassing stuff I read on here.

I thought the Hawks (and Tigers) did well but it was competitive based on passion and heart and a will to win given their poor seasons last year rather than ability. Thats fine, however in the real season that only takes you so far. About round 6 usually. After that teams with limited ability, start to struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf_69
I was sitting right next to it, and it wasnt good gesture at all. Get ya hand off it saints fans, jesus christ! He literally took him off his feet, the kid was jelly. Like i said, i didnt have a problem with the bump, but he shouldve just left him there. The kids skinny as, but at least he has courage....

narthola_04
He was doing what he thought was the right thing, putting him back on his feet, but he probably didn't realise how hurt the kid was, probably would have been better judgement just to leave the kid on the ground incase he was really hurt..I think like us, you need to put a little perspective into it.

Riewoldt picked him up becasue he thought it was a free kick! he put his arms up to guard the mark and ran very quickly when he realised it was play-on!
not sure what he was trying to do though, i think he was trying to assert some authrity as captain.

I saw the thread title and thought that I might add my voice to the praise of the Hawks after their impressive game against the Saints. Sure they didn't win but they really took it up to Saints after looking a little timid early.

I started to read what others have said, but the further I went through this thread, the more I read about a slanging match between Parrot and any Saints supporters who had intended to post.

Parrot - Entitle the thread "Disappointing Saints scrape in" or something like that if you want a slanging match with the Saints supporters.

A thread entitled "Great effort Hawks" should be about the Hawks - not just a platform for you to vent you vitriol against Saints supporters. Surely you have some better qualities rather than just bitterness, surely you have some class?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back