Great Shaun Atley video you will want to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Basti's main board thread dead already??

5 North rubbish relocation threads a week is alright, but post one Essendon blooper clip...........

I honestly don't know how that clip was not considered newsworthy.

You guys did well getting him so late.

For the record Essendon record around 3-4 of these in the few days before the draft to then upload the CORRECT clip onto the Essendon website. There seems to have been a problem with the CORRECT part.

Up until the weekend we were going for Atley. When it became clear Heppell would be available, we were certain to take him if available.

If Atley becomes a star I would say good luck to you and good luck to him. It would not be egg on Essendons face, more so on the teams between 11-16 for not taking him.

Essendon rated Heppell higher than Atley but simply did not think he would be available.

Interesting. If you change the url from Atley's name to Heppell's you get another vid. Here's the link

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video2008/101118_heppell-h.m4v

But if you use any of these names...

gaff
polec
conca
caddy
prestia
gorringe
lynch
cook
smith
smedts
jacobs

...all you get is an error.

I guess they didn't rate any of those guys ahead of Heppell and Atley, otherwise they would have done a vid for them too.

Haha that is hilarious.
Congrats on the pick up North. Think you guys have got a real find there :thumbsu:
Stoked to have get Heppell down to Windy Hill though!

Haha that is hilarious.
Congrats on the pick up North. Think you guys have got a real find there :thumbsu:
Stoked to have get Heppell down to Windy Hill though!

I'm glad a don supporter sees the humor side of things instead of going for the punch like some who posted on the MB.

You guys did well getting him so late.

For the record Essendon record around 3-4 of these in the few days before the draft to then upload the CORRECT clip onto the Essendon website. There seems to have been a problem with the CORRECT part.

Up until the weekend we were going for Atley. When it became clear Heppell would be available, we were certain to take him if available.

If Atley becomes a star I would say good luck to you and good luck to him. It would not be egg on Essendons face, more so on the teams between 11-16 for not taking him.

Essendon rated Heppell higher than Atley but simply did not think he would be available.

Heppell is a terrific pick up for you guys, no doubt, but the excitement for us is that it seems like Atley was rated by the Bombers as a legitimate top 10 pick and they would have been more than happy to have him at pick 8.

Just reinforces what a steal he was at pick 17.

Heppell is a terrific pick up for you guys, no doubt, but the excitement for us is that it seems like Atley was rated by the Bombers as a legitimate top 10 pick and they would have been more than happy to have him at pick 8.

Just reinforces what a steal he was at pick 17.

I think he was a steal and exactly what you guys needed. I just think the teams between Essendon and North had committed to other players as they had no idea he would be available. You guys have a fantastic midfield now. Throw in a Micky Martin, Carey and Longmire and you have a flag in the waiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newsflash

Adrian Dodoro has applied by deed poll to change his name to Adrian D'oh D'oh'o.

...................stay tuned for further revelations..........................

I think he was a steal and exactly what you guys needed. I just think the teams between Essendon and North had committed to other players as they had no idea he would be available. You guys have a fantastic midfield now. Throw in a Micky Martin, Carey and Longmire and you have a flag in the waiting.

A Michael Hurley might do it. Just have to entice him down the road. ;)

Seriously though, I think we're very close to the right mix now. We just need a little more experience and one more KPP to stand up and we'll be giving the top teams a lot to think about.

I think Essendon are in a similar place to us except it's their spine that they've got about right, they just need a couple of midfielders to step up.

Hope it happens for both clubs in the next year or two because I'd love to see some top of the table North Melbourne - Essendon matches again. Those games were brilliant in the 90s and it would be sensational too see that sort of footy one more time.

??? What ???

We had the chance to pick up either and we went with Heppell.

I guess there are a few of these supporters in every bunch.

You had the chance to pick up Rioli and went with Myer. History looking like its repeating. Another half back flanker to join Myer and still no gun midfielder - good luck getting your hands on the ball against us in the next 5 years.

And in breaking news:

Bombers review website security
Roger Vaughan, AAP November 19, 2010, 4:06 pm

The embarrassing leak of an AFL draft video has prompted Essendon to review the security of their club website.

The video was posted to YouTube early on Thursday and shows Bombers recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro extolling the virtues of midfielder Shaun Atley as their first-round pick.

But the Bombers used the first pick at No.8 on Thursday night to recruit Dyson Heppell, while Atley eventually went to North Melbourne at No.17.

Essendon chief executive Ian Robson said someone had hacked into the club's website and then made the Atley video public.

He added Dodoro had recorded "less than five" videos pre-draft, depending on which player they went for with their first pick, and these were pre-loaded onto the website.

"Am I relaxed it's public? No, it's a 'small-e' embarrassment," Robson told AAP.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/8354145/bombers-review-website-security/

Massive ****ing lol.:thumbsu:

Great Shaun Atley video you will want to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back