Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

giantroo little task for you if you have a second to find the footage....

At some stage I think I recall Darcy Moore handpassing from a kick-in whilst still in the square. Instead of having a ball-up at the top of the square, the Umpire explained what he'd done wrong and gave him a mulligan to take the kick this time.

Am I imaging this?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, that happened.

At some stage I think I recall Darcy Moore handpassing from a kick-in whilst still in the square. Instead of having a ball-up at the top of the square, the Umpire explained what he'd done wrong and gave him a mulligan to take the kick this time.

Am I imaging this?

You didn't imagine that. Another bad decision that potentially cost us a win.

Champion Data statistics show North's Pressure Rating has gone through the roof. It's been at a whopping 199 against the Eagles and Magpies. For context, anything above 180 is considered good.

Is anyone else slightly dubious of this fascination with champion data and the pervasive effect it is having on the way football is watch, understood and enjoyed?

Obviously any stats/data available gives us an idea of where our teams and the game in general is succeeding failing, but it’s just feeling a little off. I don’t know.

I appreciate the above post btw, great to see we have been doing well with the pressure.

First qtr 2 seconds to go goal to Collingwood was annoyingly expected.

“That could be a crucial goal in the long run…”

Commentators read the script pregame.
We actually had the ball going into 50 with about 25 seconds left, yet managed to somehow cough up a goal the other way...

Great video. It was interesting to see how many handballs landed at the feet of a teammate, we just need to clean up our disposals by a fraction and we are scaring the pants off the top teams.

Champion Data statistics show North's Pressure Rating has gone through the roof. It's been at a whopping 199 against the Eagles and Magpies. For context, anything above 180 is considered good.

That's buy-in. That's running hard and tackling and refusing to give up and having faith in your teammates that your effort is going to matter because they can get the job done.

Draw a line at the bye.

we are a different team now.

1:1 104%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the bigger stat I've looked into early this week is simply inside 50's.

We have conceded 60 inside 50's every single game this season with the exception of WCE (58) & Coll (48).

We won the inside 50 count for the first time this year on the weekend with +3

We have averaged -19 inside 50's per game this year prior to the bye.

Am I imaging this?

Believe it or not, that's the correct decision

17. 17.1 PROCEDURE AFTER A BEHIND HAS BEEN SCORED BRINGING THE FOOTBALL BACK INTO PLAY
Unless Law 16.4 applies, after a goal Umpire has signalled a Behind:
(a) any player of the Defending Team may elect to Kick the football from within the Goal Square or play on by exiting the Goal Square within a reasonable time;
(b) if the Player has not elected to Kick the football or exit the Goal Square within a reasonable time, a field Umpire will call ‘Play On’;
(c) a Player may not handball the football from within the Goal Square unless the field Umpire has called ‘Play On’ pursuant to Law 17.1(b);
(d) The Mark shall be set at 15 metres from the centre of the Kick-Off Line towards the centre of the Playing Surface, as shown in Diagram 3.
17.2 FOOTBALL BROUGHT INTO PLAY INCORRECTLY
Where the field Umpire is of the opinion that a Player has not brought the football back into play in accordance with Law 17.1, the field Umpire shall reset the play.

I thought that was brought back because he'd played on before the umps had finished waving the flags..
I remember hearing something about the handball on the commentary at the time but can't remember the actual incident.

Believe it or not, that's the correct decision

17. 17.1 PROCEDURE AFTER A BEHIND HAS BEEN SCORED BRINGING THE FOOTBALL BACK INTO PLAY
Unless Law 16.4 applies, after a goal Umpire has signalled a Behind:
(a) any player of the Defending Team may elect to Kick the football from within the Goal Square or play on by exiting the Goal Square within a reasonable time;
(b) if the Player has not elected to Kick the football or exit the Goal Square within a reasonable time, a field Umpire will call ‘Play On’;
(c) a Player may not handball the football from within the Goal Square unless the field Umpire has called ‘Play On’ pursuant to Law 17.1(b);
(d) The Mark shall be set at 15 metres from the centre of the Kick-Off Line towards the centre of the Playing Surface, as shown in Diagram 3.
17.2 FOOTBALL BROUGHT INTO PLAY INCORRECTLY
Where the field Umpire is of the opinion that a Player has not brought the football back into play in accordance with Law 17.1, the field Umpire shall reset the play.

Answers my query in the other thread.

Quaynor should be cited and given 3 weeks for that. Could have hospitalised both Z and Mazda or worse...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of course he should have been cited and we would have been if we did it to Collingwood. Because it is us, it's the old, nothing to see here :mad:

Last edited:
Alot of people are mentioning that we just needed to keep the pressure up for 4 quarter's but the intensity the boys went at in the first 3 quarters just isn't sustainable. No idea what the messaging was at 3 quarter time but it had to be ball retention. Ofcourse pies were going to come hard in the 4th.

We needed our senior players (McDonald/Corr) in the backline to slow the play down and go side to side and take the momentum out of the game. I don't recall us trying to slow down the game once. I think Sheezel behind the ball in the last quarter should of been an obvious change, we weren't scoring many more goals in the 4th anyway. I'm abit concerned about Clarko's match day decisions.

Overall I think North are about two more senior players from being a consistently competitive side. The young brigade will take it from there.
Agree with most of this, but I don’t think Clarko is making a heap of in game moves - albeit subbing Philips is very debatable - precisely because he wants the boys to recognise where the game is at and take initiative. He’s building for the long term, not for an elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back