Griff back to the dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

In the same class as Brown, Dempsey, Ward, and the super Judas, Wallace.

Harsh? Yep but when you consider how this lot walked out on us there is no other way of describing them.
Brown and Dempsey basically called us losers and they both chased Premierships which ironically never eventuated for them.
Ward had internal and external influences but had he waited another year, he could have been a Premiership Captain.
Wallace! One week before the end of the season and he bailed. He thought he had the Swans job in the bag. He went on to coach Richmond to one of the most embarrassing periods of their history.
Callan Ward had no option. It would have been a crime if he didn't take the money that was offered. He is the only one of the list that I have sympathy/respect for. He has proven himself to be the same beast at GWS as he was showing with us. A huge loss and the only one that I would consider taking back. Even he, is showing signs that his bash/crash style is starting to wear his body down.

Let me take this further.
Ward, Griffen, Cooney, Lake and Higgins participated in some ******* awful thumbing their nose at Bulldogs supporters on television and social media since leaving the club. I have no problem with them disagreeing with management or coaches but to specifically do that to supporters is classless, arrogant and despicable. As far as I'm concerned they were never bulldogs and never will be again.

Daniel Cross was treated far worse than any of these blokes and still maintains Bulldog legend status with me as he left with class, dignity and respect for our club and it's supporters.
They make weekly remarks on Fox Programs at least once a week mugging our club and its fans off. Usually about how the club was poor when they were there and how we have a small supporter base.

Callan Ward had no option. It would have been a crime if he didn't take the money that was offered. He is the only one of the list that I have sympathy/respect for. He has proven himself to be the same beast at GWS as he was showing with us. A huge loss and the only one that I would consider taking back. Even he, is showing signs that his bash/crash style is starting to wear his body down.

I agree with this. He had the opportunity to make some very good money and secure his financial future and he took it. In a field of employment where you are only a couple of knee injuries away from no paycheck (from the club or us) he took the best option for himself. I can't begrudge him that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Griff back to the dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back