Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one? (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they rated it as high impact. After watching the punch a few times I reckon you could probably rate it as 'severe'.

Will probably go straight to the tribunal anyway. My guess is 6 weeks.

That was my initial thought also.

After seeing it a few times and taking everything into account i reckon he will cop 6-10.

425 points = 4 weeks according to the 5th quarter.

They also reckon he had no points hanging over his head

He's still got points hanging over his head from 05 from his reprimand at the tribunal

I can't agree. Reacting to being held?? Who the hell reacts like that?

They did just show some similar incidents on the fifth quater and most received 4 or less.

Someone who is frustrated that he is being impinged & pleading with the Umps & gets ignored.

The Umps are to blame here, Barry was appealing to the Umps to stop Stalker illegally holding him & nothing, considering the maggots are so quick to award a free kick if someone looks the wrong way at some players, I can understand the frustration.

will be referred directly to the tribunal. MRP high contact, intentional, severe impact + off the ball and opponent not expecting contact.

He will go for 6 weeks at least.

Roos didn't look real impressed at h/t. He was right up in his face.

Re: Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one?

Agree with this 100%. Darren Glass our bloody captain pats Hall on the arse when he should of been getting stuck into him. I dont want our guys doing anything stupid but ffs at times you need to fire up.

I couldn't believe it when I just saw that. Not impressed.

I can't agree. Reacting to being held?? Who the hell reacts like that?

They did just show some similar incidents on the fifth quater and most received 4 or less.

Youre a swans fan and you have more intelligence about it than some people :rolleyes:

Everything else aside, you (and the club) will be spewing.. Hitting good form and is so important to the swans.. Idiot thing to do from hall and what a way to let down your team

Someone who is frustrated that he is being impinged & pleading with the Umps & gets ignored.

The Umps are to blame here, Barry was appealing to the Umps to stop Stalker illegally holding him & nothing, considering the maggots are so quick to award a free kick if someone looks the wrong way at some players, I can understand the frustration.

Again, does that make it right to go around belting people when they aren't looking? It's like saying hey you stole my pen, that gives me every right to shoot you now

Barry Hall - bringing back the biff.

Good on him.

A) Do you play football?

B) Would you like that to happen to you?

Should be given a minimum of 10. Will probably get about 6.

Ben Johnson got 6 I think and it'd be a fair call to say his hip had the potential for more damage to Daniel Bell than Hall's fist to Staker. Hall's was worse though given it was far away from the play and wasn't being "hard and careless" like Johnson, just being a stupid thug.

It was Gaspar, and you won't find any Eagles supporters who think he should have got off. But you know why he got off, don't you?

Why? And don't give me "because Hall got off so they had to let Gaspar off." That's just speculation.

I just find it funny that Eagle fans are still moaning about it yet one of their own players got off. The complaints from Eagle fans is void on this issue.

Now, to the latest incident. I just saw it then. Stupid by Hall and he will get weeks for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i always thought you were pretty pathetic mantis, but this just takes the cake.

i hope you 'can understand the frustration' when your man comes hope and you havn't cooked him dinner, and you are treated in an equally unjust manner

I dont agree with this right. and he should get 4-6..

But because this happend everyone is saying its disgusting, ugly footy.
I liked the olden days footy when the bumps were hard.
When you got hit you stayed down.
The umps didnt decide a game.
Barry hall shouldnt have done it like that.
But the way west coast just didnt do anything to help out they're team mate.
If that was me i woulda let him no its not on.
The one man that did was jones(i think)

Broken wrist might of been some karma in the end anyways, don't really care what he gets now as he will be injured for a few weeks in the end.

I hope Paul Roos gave him a fair talking too.

Is he in the leadership group? I'd go as far to say an act like that should warrant demotion. Brock McLean copped the same thing for some fights in Germany and silly acts back in Australia. Hall's was equally, if not more silly and on the national stage. Hardly the image that the Swans and AFL want in Sydney and in the sport in general.

Re: What's the definition of karma??

That was completely accidental you twat.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TzN4Ly_yd9w

watch this, he has his arm on hall then ball takes an elbow swipe and misses.

Then feels the need to smack him in the face, when he wasn't looking.

And yes he would have been arrested on the street.

"WHy did you hit this man in the face when he wasn't looking?"

"Ughhg he had his arm on me"

6> weeks bookmark it

Please stop with the "would have been arrested on the street" :rolleyes:. A football match is not "the street", if it was on "the street" Staker has no right to have his hands on Barry Hall in the first place.

And whichever poster said he would be "looking at jail time" needs some sort of reality check.

Should have been a free kick to Hall for holding actually. If the umpire had done his job then there would have been no punch. This line will probably come out of Sydney at some stage this week.

That being said, I'm not defending Hall. Will get 4 - 6 weeks. Very ordinary by Barry, occasionally he looks like he is going to snap - this time he did.

On the bright side at least we don't have to read the obligatory "umpires robbed the Eagles" thread as theyare all posting in here.

I may not have lived in this supposed golden era of "tough football" but was there ever a time when acts like Hall's were considered everything other than disgusting?

I just find it funny that Eagle fans are still moaning about it yet one of their own players got off. The complaints from Eagle fans is void on this issue.

Gaspar's elbow on McGregor(spell) was crude, and the minute it happened I remember thinking what an idiot, he's gone. Him getting off was a square -up, I can't think of any other logical reason for him to get off when I had seen players go for less. But that's ancient history anyway, Swans were premiers that year, end of story.

Now, to the latest incident. I just saw it then. Stupid by Hall and he will get weeks for it.

IMO, he should get 6 or more, but I don't think he will.

Hall an absolute coward !!! 6 -8 weeks minimum.
Though he has king hit before behind play and got to play in a GF.
How will the match fixers get him out of this one..

Yep, gotta get at least 6, hopefully 8-10. Staker couldn't play the rest of the game, makes it much worse.

Hunter and Spangher went over to him at the time (but Glass kept a level head and tried to stop anyone from doing something else stupid). Waters went up to him at QT to let him know it was not on. The rest of our side is like 19 years old. I wonder if someone had shaped up to him straight away whether Hall would have had another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back