Harley Reid - The Prince of Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

But arguably back in those days it was easier to be a cut above the rest. The reason being is that back then the sport was not Professional. Most players had normal jobs and just trained a few days a week and played on the weekend. If a player trained harder and more often than the majority, he would rise above the rest even if h e didn't have much natural talent.

You speak of work for people back in the olden days as a luxury.

I don't even think players trained a few days a week either. Maybe twice a week?

Work in Australia (the world for that matter), particularly after the first and second world wars, was a bloody slog. You think today is tough as a carpenter, brick layer or any laboring job, no machinery back then. They worked for very little and they worked hard.
To do that, and then go play football on the weekends . . . we seldom see it in today's era apart from the odd mature aged recruit here and there.
For the most part, they spend their entire 20's and 30's sculpting their bodies in the gym without ever having to work a regular job.

But arguably back in those days it was easier to be a cut above the rest. The reason being is that back then the sport was not Professional. Most players had normal jobs and just trained a few days a week and played on the weekend. If a player trained harder and more often than the majority, he would rise above the rest even if h e didn't have much natural talent.
yeah, well known hardcore trainer Tony Lockett...

I still find it weird West Coast fans basically gloating about coming dead last.

Feels wrong.

Not sure what impact it has on one’s culture…

I still find it weird West Coast fans basically gloating about coming dead last.

Feels wrong.

They’re gloating more about hitting the jackpot after finishing last and getting the number one draft pick who happens to be an absolute jet.

I don’t blame them for being happy about it.

We did the 3 big 'houses' all next to each other for the same family a few years back. And I say 'houses' because each is more like a boutique hotel. Ridiculous sums of money spent. Same interior designer as Crown Towers.
Sounds like that art deco 3 joints.

Pretty sure Kerry and Gina have houses on Jutland too.

Feels wrong.

Definitely not gloating about finishing last, but if there was ever a year to finish last it was last year. Getting Reid was the only thing easing the pain of getting beaten by 80 every week. And if you could tell by how we've played this year it's had zero impact on ones culture.

Definitely not gloating about finishing last, but if there was ever a year to finish last it was last year. Getting Reid was the only thing easing the pain of getting beaten by 80 every week. And if you could tell by how we've played this year it's had zero impact on ones culture.

I am biased, but I will forever remember the final round of 2020 when the swans had nothing to play for but draft picks, and losing was technically the best option, with 3 minutes left Horse was on the boundary screaming at the boys, trying to secure a realistically pointless victory that would only lead to worse draft picks.

Regarding West Coast’s culture, one will see.,.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching a few of his interviews. He's gonna be a star. He'll be as big as Buddy.

I am biased, but I will forever remember the final round of 2020 when the swans had nothing to play for but draft picks, and losing was technically the best option, with 3 minutes left Horse was on the boundary screaming at the boys, trying to secure a realistically pointless victory that would only lead to worse draft picks.

Easy to do when you know you have priority access to bunch of academy kids anyway.

I mean give us a spell

Was that once owned by Hancock ..Lang ?

These are all new. Parents have one, sons each have one. Family had a big Engineering/steel firm I think. Sold it and built themselves a little hotel each. The detail inside would make your head spin. I personally am not a fan, it's incredibly busy and extra, kinda feels a bit too much to be able to relax, but if the goal was to own a version of Crown Towers I think they've knocked it out of the park.

What a SFP.
You realise had nth not won the last game of their season we'd have finished second or didn't you watch AFL last year?

Was that once owned by Hancock ..Lang ?
No, his original place was on Victoria ave (river side before the crown land), was the first house in Dalkeith with cameras on the front gate, we used to dance and muck around Infront of them for a giggle on the way to footy practice after school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back