Has anyone seen that new ad with Matthew Lloyd?

Remove this Banner Ad

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:
Here is a guy who is a dumb as a doorknob and about as entertaining as an episode of The Brady Bunch yet is still being payed thousands and thousands of dollars to appear on cheesy television commercials... good on him!
Exactly!! The ad is a bit boring but hey, he's a footballer not a TV personality and I'm sure that most other footballers would be just as wooden if they were put in front of a camera too.

rick James said:
WHOA WHOA WHOA...

Essendon fans, what have I done? I surely did not mean to insult you, or Mr. Lloyd for that matter.

As one of you pointed out, he is the best FF in the league. And while I do not "wish" for him to play for my team (I prefer to have a FF who physically intimidates rather than dives for free kicks), I certainly recognise his excellent footballing ability.

But surely, you have to admit, being that this post is about his performance ON THE COMMERCIAL, that he is slightly slow, and less than convincing as a salesman.

1. Of course you wanted to a get a reaction from Essendon fans. Of course you were insulting Matty. That is your right though so go for it.

2. The Cornes boy might argue about Mattys lack of phycial stamp on a game dont you think?

3. The ad is just awful and very cringeworthy

speedy said:
The producer of that ad must be a carlton supporter or something. Its an absolute pi$$ take.
i reckon lloyd had a part in making it like it was

the jokes on us that think he's naturally like that

hirdy_is_champ said:
u r just stupid then. so ur saying that u wouldnt take a player whos the best FF in the league. u oviously rnt interested in footy.
anyways wat has his wife got to do with it?

Hirdy, what I was laughing at is you said:

"how could you not WANT a player"

I thought you were referring to his wife! That was classic. Obviously you didn't actually mean to be so funny. Rest assured, in my mind it was dead set comedy.

And yes, I would love to have matty playing for the dees (only an idiot would say otherwise) but I wouldn't be prepared to see us lose good players to get him. If we could have him free of charge, sure thing.

Allblack said:
1. Of course you wanted to a get a reaction from Essendon fans. Of course you were insulting Matty. That is your right though so go for it.

2. The Cornes boy might argue about Mattys lack of phycial stamp on a game dont you think?

3. The ad is just awful and very cringeworthy

touche' on the cornes boy. But corne's isn't exactly a physical CHB. I'd love to see him give mooney a shot with it.

Nevertheless, good point.

Anyway, I tihnk we all know and respect Matty's footy ability (or are in denial about it). I'm just wanting to start a thread that laugh's at the add.

Seriously, I laugh about it everytime i think of his face at the autograph part. Not because of the humour intended, but because of the terrible acting.

Honestly though, did anyone see the "our hearts beat red and blue" song by the dees last year? Equally as terrible.

Karbassiyoon said:
i reckon lloyd had a part in making it like it was

the jokes on us that think he's naturally like that

Agree that it's a pi$$take and Lloydy is hamming it up.

Oh, and he's not naturally that animated. ;)

rick James said:
Anyway, I tihnk we all know and respect Matty's footy ability (or are in denial about it). I'm just wanting to start a thread that laugh's at the add.

Yeah I smile and shake my head every single time I see it. He probably even knows he looks dumb, but who cares when you getting paid right?
Fantastic footballer, and at the end of the day thats all that matters. But I do find it highly amusing when I hear him in interviews and see him on TV. Did anyone see him on that fundraiser last year? Something about planting trees and he was with a bunch of kids. Watching him try to dig a hole was the funniest thing Ive ever seen. For a man with such football abilty, he cant even coordinate a shovel!! :) The kids were doing a better job!
Im sure he is really nice, never met him. And I wouldnt trade him from our club for the world. But hes certainly not that bright.

speedy said:
The producer of that ad must be a carlton supporter or something. Its an absolute pi$$ take.
:D

No doubt Lloyd is footy's equivalent of a 'Dumb Blonde' off the field but as a footballer all that matters is how he performs on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rick James said:
It's for the Footy Sensation thing or whatever...

That man has the charisma of nails.

And the personality to match.

Seriously, his wife must be the most shallow gold digger to ever of even dated matty, let alone marry the "special" boy from windy hill.

To explain your thoughts, it's becuase he's from Avondale Heights. (Not Windy Hill.)

As long as he kicks goals, that's all that matters.

That photo just about sums up what everyone on this thread are talking about. For an intellect, actor and anything else he sure does make a good footballer. As for the ad, I felt a bit embarrassed the first time I saw it. I was with this non-football person who thinks all footballer are stupid. I just didn't know what to say. It was woeful.

The ad is fairly rank, extremely rank.

But as long as he kicks 85+ goals consistently year in year out he could appear on Queer Eye for all I care.

Jimmy said:
and it breaks your ********ing heart, doesnt it sweetie :p

Nope. Not as all actually. I think they make a cute couple and I'm happy for them both. My "obsession" with him is slowly dieing so when I can be bothered I'm going to change my username. There's someone else - not a footy player or any type of celebrity for that matter - who I really like at the moment and besides it was just a sort of crush. It's not like I actually ever thought that I would ever have a chance with Lloydy in the first place, I mean he's 26 and I'm 16 so that's just creepy! lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone seen that new ad with Matthew Lloyd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back