Has there ever been an Asian AFL football player?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Les Fong is a West Perth legend, played about 250 games. Would have played AFL had it existed in the 70's and early 80's.
I remember Les Fong. He was all Kung Fu and chopsticks. He was bad ass. Played a few good SOO games.Was the Robbie Flower/Trevor Barker od West Perth - whilst Menaglio and Ross Gibbs were prety good he was The Cardinals best player for a decade.

So are there any asians on current afl lists who are likely to get a game soon?

Who is Roland Ah Chee, GC?

I vaguely remember Brisbane I think, having a japanese bloke on their team?

I can't believe no-one said Sean Yoshuira. Picked up by Brisbane in the 2009 Rookie Draft (pick #74). Not sure if he's still on their rookie list, and don't think he ever played a game. He is Japanese, the first Japanese AFL player ever.

Always thought Rick Davies looked like he was Asian when he had the moustache.

sturtlegends.jpg

There was also a bloke who I used to play junior footy with called Keith Goonawardene who was Sri Lankan. Goona was a gun at junior level, won lots of club and league best and fairest awards and was picked up by Melbourne around 1990, but he never played senior footy due to injury. I think he only played under 19/reserve level.

I can't believe no-one said Sean Yoshuira. Picked up by Brisbane in the 2009 Rookie Draft (pick #74). Not sure if he's still on their rookie list, and don't think he ever played a game. He is Japanese, the first Japanese AFL player ever.
he hasnt been mentioned because its a 3 year old thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has there ever been an Asian AFL football player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back