MRP / Trib. Hawkins 2 weeks, Duncan 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at this and shake your head when MRP graded the Martin incident...

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Brisbane Lions Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head.

Yet somehow the ****ing morons have decided both Duncan and Hawkins were intentional?? Their complete hypocrisy knows no bounds it seems.. How in gods name can you say that Martin was careless yet our guys were intentional? You mean to tell me Martin accidentally lifted his arm and punched the Brisbane player in the head? I'll make sure I don't accidentally punch someone in the head from behind - it seems its quite easy to occur.

Duncan...
Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with medium impact to the body. The incident was classified as a two-match sanction.

Hawkins...
Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Sydney Swans Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional contact with low impact to the face.

And this gem from MRP panel itself..
Basically for a charge to be called intentional, we have to be certain the player intended to commit a reportable action.

So they are telling us that Martin didn't mean to punch him in the head - he was aiming for his shoulder to give him a dead arm and missed... **** me dead these cheating campaigners.

Still trying to find out who was on yesterday's match review panel. Can anyone help?
the-three-stooges.jpg

1st yes Hawkins is a dumb and should know the rules especially on him.

However these jumper punches are nothing incidents and Geelong should appeal on the basis of not enough force just like how Schofield got off elbowing Oliver in the face.

Mind you the medical report claimed Oliver had bleeding in his mouth and Oliver fell, dove whatever. Is there any report on poor old Rampe? There was evidently more force in that Oliver incident and elbows are worse.
There is precedence to getting off this charge but once again Geelong have no balls.
Precedence is apparently not used in MRP and maybe Tribunial as well. That is the main problem.

Well, Hawkins and Duncan are unlikely to send a horde of Bandidos around to your house for a "quiet chat" if you criticise them...

Hawk definitely but Mitch a maybe. Who knows who he is having coffee with!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another issue...
It's now open season on Tom Hawkins. I would like to see GFC put out a statement along the lines of "While we accept that Tom Hawkins acted outside of the rules and is remorseful and paying a heavy price for his indiscretions, we expect the AFL and the umpires to ensure that similar penalties are applied to opposition defenders gang-banging and man-handling our full-forward on a consistent basis".

St Kilda should be worried then

Amid the hysteria, we could actually field a better team this week than last week.

I think we will appeal Duncan's suspension and he will be free to play which would mean:

OUT: Selwood, Hawkins, Z Guthrie, Simpson, Buzza

IN: Dangerfield, Menzel, Motlop, Stanley, Ruggles

Would result in a more experienced team, with a more dangerous forward line (despite no Hawkins).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amid the hysteria, we could actually field a better team this week than last week.

I think we will appeal Duncan's suspension and he will be free to play which would mean:

OUT: Selwood, Hawkins, Z Guthrie, Simpson, Buzza

IN: Dangerfield, Menzel, Motlop, Stanley, Ruggles

Would result in a more experienced team, with a more dangerous forward line (despite no Hawkins).
I was thinking this too. Apart from his bag the other night against the Tankers, he's a bit hit and miss and is an obvious target for attention from defenders plus anyone who wants to niggle him.

Hawkins out could (maybe, hopefully, please dear god) be a blessing.

I read a stat that Hawkins is the leading player to have free kicks owed to him throughout his career. Meaning free kicks that were there on review that weren't called, holds, pushes, tunnels, etc.

If I wasn't getting the umps whistle I would be frustrated and jumper punching too. What defenders get away with is ridiculous.

This is it for me.... there is simply no consistency with the MRP

Shoulder to the head, everything the AFL says is wrong and he gets the same as Duncan.

The only positive is everyone outside of Sydney is pointing out that Papley is a diver.

10 minutes until the deadline, surely we would have heard by now if there was no challenge.
Could go either way, but I reckon you're right.

If Papley is out there on the record saying he got hit harder the week before by Hodge- surely that's a start.

If a player's word is enough to get someone a week off, then it should go both ways.

Shoulder to the head, everything the AFL says is wrong and he gets the same as Duncan.

The only positive is everyone outside of Sydney is pointing out that Papley is a diver.
We need a row of 20 people in swimming caps and goggles sitting along the fence next Sydney game.

Every time Papley gets the ball they raise their arms to form a 'diving motion'

we need Johnny Cochrane at this point..

"If there 's no force in the hit, you must acquit!"

Get it done S Hocking

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Hawkins 2 weeks, Duncan 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back