Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
If West Coast are keen to get DGB home, why not just Pick 2 for DGB?

Was Pick 6 and 2 years of development, similar trajectory to Jacob Weitering.

Hope we keep him so would have to be a very good offer to pry him from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draft pick aside, he doesn’t strike me as a top pick. In between size, not athletic. Strange one for mine.

Gee mate, I wish he was on a similar trajectory to Weitering.

Weitering copped heat his first few years, but checkout the difference in disposals and marks. And Weitering actually wasn't being shielded from playing genuine key position.

It's too early to call, absolutely, but DGB isn't close to having improved his value since being drafted.

The signs have been minimal at present he'll be close to Weitering IMO. Needs a big 2023.

Last edited:
Quote from RnL:

The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance.

However the cats will push really hard for Bruhn if they miss Hopper.

The obvious implication here is that we are his second preference.
It's not the obvious implication, in fact the second sentence saying that the cats will push hard implies the opposite. Why would they need to push hard if they're the preference?

Why are some poster so keen to trade DGB to WCE for pick 2 etc.

It's a lose/lose trade for us.

1) if DGB is a bust why would WCE trade for him esp for pick 2.
2) if he isn't a bust why would you give up a young potential star for pick 2 - a unknown even if they have great potential, ie orouke. We are just assuming additional risk for no reason?

Makes absolutely no sense...o think some poster just want a high pick for the sake of it without really thinking that there is a possibility it could be a bust...

2) if he isn't a bust why would you give up a young potential star for pick 2 - a unknown even if they have great potential, ie orouke. We are just assuming additional risk for no reason?

Makes absolutely no sense...o think some poster just want a high pick for the sake of it without really thinking that there is a possibility it could be a bust...

DGB is the new Breust.

3. he’s a bust / can get a better player by cashing in while his value is still high? Don’t think you thought these options through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. He could be Josh Gibson on crack and one of the all time wild backman players when fit and be the reason we win another flag through his manic defence?
Yeah there are countless options. Not just the two poor ones that were presented. You have to weigh DGB verse what’s on the table. Could be worth the risk, might not be.

Quote from RnL:

The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance.

However the cats will push really hard for Bruhn if they miss Hopper.

The obvious implication here is that we are his second preference.
Whatever happens, someone ends up w/ sloppy seconds.

Because they wouldn’t do it at all

It's not the obvious implication, in fact the second sentence saying that the cats will push hard implies the opposite. Why would they need to push hard if they're the preference?

Originally he said something like he's coming to the Hawks, disregard what you hear in the media.

Then the update was:

"The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance."

The way I read that was - why would there need to be any mention of Geelong at all if we were his preferred destination?

Geelong pushing hard, to me, was in relation to them putting a lot of time into convincing Hopper to come. So they'd have to redirect to Bruhn if Hopper turned them down.

Whilst I hope he stays I’d say because of the depth we have in defence and lack thereof in the middle.
Both your options don’t take in to account that nobodies a bust and that’s why it would be a potential win win for both clubs.
By your logic we’d never have traded Croad and ended with Hodge.

We don't have any depth in the KPD stocks.

Frost, an undersized KPD who is seemingly better on mid sized forwards.

Sicily, an even more undersized KPD.

Blanck, a several gamer.

And Jeka, who has played two AFL games as a defender and about six professional games in total there.

We need DGB, and we need him to come good.

Originally he said something like he's coming to the Hawks, disregard what you hear in the media.

Then the update was:

"The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance."

The way I read that was - why would there need to be any mention of Geelong at all if we were his preferred destination?

Geelong pushing hard, to me, was in relation to them putting a lot of time into convincing Hopper to come. So they'd have to redirect to Bruhn if Hopper turned them down.
What I took from it, knowing some talks about Bruhn going back a while, is that he didn't really have any serious takers and that we were going in relatively unchallenged. Any competition in that case is going to be a reason we might not get the kid across, particularly if it's Geelong who are probably more in need of him in the long term than we are.

I get why people read it that way though, recent history would make most people negative about our chances, but there was nothing explicit in that comment that we were the second preference.

Whilst I hope he stays I’d say because of the depth we have in defence and lack thereof in the middle.
Both your options don’t take in to account that nobodies a bust and that’s why it would be a potential win win for both clubs.
By your logic we’d never have traded Croad and ended with Hodge.
It's an illusion that we have depth in key defensive spots. We have Sic and its thin after that. Blanke has played 9 games and Jeka 3 in defense. We need DGB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back